Notices

Hangover memories?

Old 12-20-2014, 01:00 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Tonks, i would do the same thing. My hope was that my wife and kids wouldnt hear me vomit if i was in the shower.
Old 12-20-2014, 01:28 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

My wife woke up today with a hangover. I felt sorry for her, but I also felt two other things...

1. I was happy I was feeling wonderful.

2. I was annoyed that I will have to spend half my weekend with a complaining person who will just want to lay on the couch all day - which kinda ruins my weekend too. My weekends are special and I enjoy spending time doing things with her. When she is hungover, we will do nothing.

I cannot judge her though. That was me our entire marriage up until 3 months ago.

It made me think of my drinking, all the time I wasted, and all the hangovers and depression I suffered, and how I will never be drunk or hungover ever again.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:21 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Amy Poehler is right. I hated the day after use of that drug. And others. The crap I put in my body, I'm lucky I'm alive. Sometimes I think I enjoyed the roller-coaster of using just to interrupt the monotony of life. The problem is eventually your life becomes unrivalled.
Old 12-20-2014, 06:49 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I have too many to share, but I kept thinking about this thread and topic this morning while still in bed.

My favorite hobby is fishing and it may be hard to believe but I DON'T drink while fishing. (I would always drink afterwards)

Any, backtrack about 14 months ago me and my buddy (who doesn't drink) planned a river fishing trip, the last one of the year and one of my favorite trips. We planned to go on a Sunday.

It was a football game Saturday, I told myself I would be fine. Then, all the bad decisions occurred:

-didn't eat
-game went into overtime--drank more and more
-favorite team won!!! Let's take shots!!! (moonshine)
-Still no food, more beer, more moonshine
-made it to bed by 10-1030pm
-woke up around 4-5am, still drunk, extremely hungover
-ate some eggs and sausage at home
-headed out, praying to get better
-NEVER should have drove---more praying (the wrong kind)
-almost to river, stop for fast food biscuit, place order at drive thru---then PUKE out the window...
-able to digest the biscuit and diet coke, stop again to drink some water and WASH off my truck panel
-panic is setting in, my buddy doesn't drink, surely he will smell it, raise hell for me driving, etc.
-pick up buddy, try to talk sober, knowing I smell like a brewery
-get to river, lucky there is a porta potty---have to relief myself of the most epic "beer *****" ever...(pray some more)
-start fishing

Hate myself all day and don't enjoy my #1 passion because of alcohol, spent all day just trying to get through the hangover.

I'm sure I picked up fast food on the way home and drank more beer that evening...

What a WASTE...
Old 12-20-2014, 10:15 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Vomiting, headache and tired! Those are my main memories!
Old 12-20-2014, 10:34 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Id puke every so often,feel fatigued all that....didnt bother me,at all. What did bother me was how I had been an ass the night before! Trying to think who to apologize to first. Horrible feeling!
Old 12-20-2014, 10:35 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

1. Wake up at 3am in a panic, heart racing and sweaty, saying WTF? in my head
2. Drink down a cup of coffee, stumble to the "shower of doom". The shower may require a a xanax to prevent a full on panic attack
3. Get out of shower - put make-up on. Drawing my eyeliner on correctly is challenge because I'm trembling inside. Hands do not feel stable.
4. Eat breakfast.
5. Massive cramping and diareaha (sorry for the TMI!!)
6. Pop another xanax
7. Hop in car and brave the brutal silicon valley traffic - swearing at people, on edge, a big FU to the world on my face.
7. Start work, maybe pop another xanax at 10am because work is getting intense.
8. Off to the bathroom to deal with more cramping and D issues
9. Lunch - contemplating taking a swig from my little bottle in the car
10. Workout w/trainer
11. Hop in car and brave the brutal silicon valley traffic - swearing at people, on edge, a big FU to the world on my face. Maybe crack a little wine bottle open while sitting traffic. Yes bad, but I've actually seen worse on the highway.
12. Home - Treadmill for 1 hour (to burn off excess alcohol calories). then dinner
13. Open bottle of wine and GULP the first glass. I could not get that first glass down fast enough. Then continue to drink to oblivion.
14. Rise, lather, repeat

NEVER want to go back to this hell EVER.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:32 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Another random hangover memory: on the couch, feeling like worms are eating your brain and someone texts you: "hey! What's up?" And you, with one eye opened just enough to see, manage to type "Great! What's up with you?" The goal was to make them think you were having a normal day.
Old 12-21-2014, 02:55 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Mostly WD's for me. I don't recall hangovers since the 80's when I went a few days without and binged. All day drinking was hell from 3 to 6 am when BAC dropped and couldn't get any. I absolutely could not function till I got at least a 2x4 of high octane beer in me and getting the first one down was done over the kitchen sink to allow for retching. If I got vodka it would be half n half with coffee.
Old 12-21-2014, 03:24 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

That feeling like you've been cracked over the head with a brick.

Drinking so much water, that you feel bloated, but your thirst isn't satisfied.

Deciding what food will make you feel better, then wanting to throw up halfway through eating it.

Not feeling remotely good til 3pm, but dragging myself out to get more wine anyway.

Killing Sundays hangover with a bottle of wine....then realising you need more wine and you have work tomorrow, but don't care.

Feeling grateful you know which bottle o doesn't shut til midnight.
Old 12-21-2014, 10:05 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

After reading through all these wonderful reminders of the hangovers, it made me wonder.

I wonder what a doctor would have said if they were to give us a physical during one of these catastrophic hangovers? They probably would have sent us to the ER! Or told us to make our reservation at the morgue.
Old 12-21-2014, 10:21 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Thank you for the memories! Never again.. LOL