Control

Old 10-13-2015, 05:04 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I am going to copy and paste this to my hubby.. wowo you Hit it right on the head.. hugs and prayers to all ardy

Originally Posted by NYCDoglvr View Post
One of the biggest gifts of recovery is learning how to let go of resentments, which feel like poison in my gut. Whenever I'm upset I ask myself: "what's MY part in this?" Do I have expectations about what someone should or should not do? Am I judging someone? In terms of xrabf, it came down to: I picked him! And, I stayed in a relationship with someone who treated me disrespectfully. So if I want to stop feeling lousy I must change something in myself. I can't think my way out of a negative feeling, I must take an action.
Old 10-15-2015, 07:03 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Amazing thread....hits the nail on the head for us Codie's. For me, turning my live over to God and His will, not mine, has been the game changer. I know, KNOW, I'm not I'm control and don't try to control any longer. Nice to work on myself and feel freedom from who I turned I to through all this mess-regardless of what he's doing. Peace y'all.
Old 01-01-2016, 06:04 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I know I have a HUGE problem with control. I think it stems from my childhood and being the oldest child. I was always pressured to be a certain way, do certain things and never do wrong. It made me extremely anxious and now I have to try to correct it. I know I tend to be in charge because I honestly only have faith in myself to get things done. I have been let down soooooo many times by people, either family/friends or co workers that I just decided doing it myself would get it done. It doesn't work.

I have been making an honest effort to work on being less controlling and letting people make mistakes. It's tough for me, as I am sure it is for all of us.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:59 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Let go and let God.

The mind needs to process stuff. Without a solution to a problem, the mind is likely to obsess over something. And when the obsession starts, the disease starts.

As recognized in the original post, there are things we cannot control. And to many of us, that simply isn't a solution.

That is where a healthy belief in God helps. Let go and let God. By simply allowing God to take care of it, the mind let's go of the obsession.

God's dealing with it, is a solution. Not to be confused with doing our part, but when you can't, let God.