Notices

Ferguson protests making me manic

Old 11-28-2014, 03:14 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lenina View Post
I'm glad the mania is settling down. the best things we can do, as I said, as sober alcoholics/addicts is help others. do not disable yourself with alcoho and/or drugs. take your stable recovery to the streets. volunteer at the shelters and downtown Missions. VOTE responsibly. Donate to food banks, to shelters your time and money/food/used clothes/blankets. VOTE responsibly. Support after school activities. support the teachers. VOTE responsibly. Show up and pay attention at City Council meetings. fight social injustice. Fight Economic injustice. don't cross picket lines. Don't support Hate.

but the biggest and best thing you need to do is get and STAY Sober.

love from Lenina
100% correct! Sadly the first thing they looted everytime us liquor. I guess they don't have jobs and lived if their own.
Old 11-28-2014, 03:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Actually , I found this case more disturbing

Cops release video of officer fatally shooting 12-year-old | New York Post
Old 11-28-2014, 03:43 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CAPTAINZING2000 View Post
Unbelievable ! That's beyond sad. Yet, no ones breaking store windows to steal liquor and smokes..... Because that Really proves a point
Old 11-28-2014, 03:47 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Oh yeah,

This Ferguson stuff seems like TV Time Drama nonsense

Here is a guy that was cowboy killed by responding cops and he was not even part of call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbI5HHz7fJU
Old 11-28-2014, 03:58 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm all for having a tamper proof camera in squad cars as well as on all police officers.
Old 11-28-2014, 08:47 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

[1] MADD - 2012 Drunk Driving Fatalities by State

MADD makes me mad !

To further illustrate, according to MADD, there were 16,653 drunken driving deaths in 2000, while the NHTSA refers to these same fatalities as alcohol-related traffic fatalities. Of these 16,653 alcohol-related fatalities, 12,892 involved at least one driver or non-occupant with a BAC of 0.10 g/dl or greater. 7,326 were the intoxicated drivers themselves, and 1,594 were legally intoxicated pedestrians and pedal-cyclists. The remaining 3,972 fatalities were non-intoxicated drivers, passengers, and non-occupants. So how many actual victims of drunk driving were there in 2000? Excluding the 7,326 legally intoxicated drivers and 1,594 legally intoxicated pedestrians/pedal-cyclists, there remain 3,972 fatalities. But not all of these deaths can be considered victims because the NHTSA doesn't concern itself with the cause of accidents. So if a sober driver is speeding and crashes into another driver who happens to legally intoxicated, and the speeding driver dies; is the speeding driver's death a alcohol-related fatality? Of course it isn't, but the public will be spoon fed this death as the tragic result of drunk driving. (MADD consistently implies and/or allows the public to believe that all alcohol-related traffic fatalities reported by the NHTSA are in fact innocent victims of drunk driving).

This statistical misnomer implies that virtually any measurable amount of alcohol in a victim's system is clear evidence that alcohol was the cause of the fatality. A pedestrian, with one drink, run over on the sidewalk by a sober driver becomes an alcohol-related fatality. By the time MADD gets done massaging the message, "alcohol-related" becomes "killed by drunk drivers."

MADD could help to make our highways dramatically safer, if only they would use a portion of their resources to explore treatment options for alcoholics, rather than clinging onto the belief that the chronic offender / alcoholic can somehow be beaten into submission.

It is a well-known fact that it costs taxpayers approximately 7 times more money to keep a person incarcerated, than it would to provide the alcoholic and/or chemically dependent sufferer with adequate treatment in an licensed alcoholism / addiction treatment facility.

MADD has an awesome responsibility to convey accurate information to the American people, and to not mislead our lawmakers. They have failed in regard to that responsibility. Unfortunately, MADD flunks the honesty test.

MADD Flunks the Truth Test

MADD and NHTSA Continue To Deceive The U.S. Public

MADD is like a hate group and alcoholics addicts are the hated. Its people like that that force our police to act like storm troopers and pressure our legislatures to intensify the failed war on addicts, build more jails ect.
Old 11-28-2014, 08:57 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Quote above belongs in post above this one. Edit time ran out.

Originally Posted by CAPTAINZING2000 View Post
I'm all for having a tamper proof camera in squad cars as well as on all police officers.
Tamper proof.

That's the motivation behind SWAT, a new app designed by college students Joe Gruenbaum and Brandon Anderson to counter excessive uses of force by police officers. The app, which its creators would like to release by spring, will give witnesses of a police incident the ability to live-stream video from their smartphones to SWAT's secure servers. Coming soon: App to report police brutality | Politics - Home
Old 11-28-2014, 09:13 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Here is the news site for manic up all night news watching, it has a chat box to argue with other viewers about stuff. Use at your own risk.

http://www.livenewschat.eu/breaking/

Message to self, NO don't click. Goto sleep.
Old 11-29-2014, 08:37 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Someone on this thread made mention of it, the court system is a business.
It's probably always been that way maybe more so now.
Depending on the person and his financial status what they will have to pay in fines jail time etc.

I've noticed here many times they're letting people out of jail with out posting bail. Seems to be, if you have some money, they're going to hit you up for bail.
It's been my experience,'the bail ends up being my fine too
Old 11-29-2014, 01:43 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I often find myself obsessing for short periods over some news story, academic article or piece of criticism. I've been told such thinking is harmful to sobriety, and that I should train myself to curtail such mental excursions. However, I don't think it a problem: those occasions provide opportunity for me to examine and test my opinions on a subject.
Old 11-29-2014, 02:00 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Photo of boy hugging officer at Portland's Ferguson protest goes viral

Photo of boy hugging officer at Portland's Ferguson protest goes viral | Fox News

This is a 12 year old kid in Portland, Oregon. Maybe he feels overwhelmed by all the Ferguson stuff. Maybe he is afraid of a race war. He was out there holding a sign that said "Free Hugs." It's obvious he doesn't like what has been going down. He's probably scared, as any normal 12 year old kid would be by all this crap.

There are good people and not so good people. They cannot be sectioned into race or profession.
Old 11-29-2014, 02:53 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Agreed.
Old 11-29-2014, 03:09 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
Oh good grief. You people are going to end up getting this thread locked. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, or to believe conspiracy theories, but this forum is not the place to post them. Ugh.
Oh, well. Don't bring up the fake media stories, and you can bet I won't be saying anything about them.

Conspiracy = belief

Media Images can be analyzed. Analyze them and compare the images and stories to what is known to be physically possible (physics). Then come back and tell me that the MSM doesn't outright lie to the public.
Old 11-29-2014, 03:17 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Old 11-29-2014, 03:19 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

and we're done.

D