Notices

One Year and Under Club Part 41

Old 12-24-2014, 10:06 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

We have people who are more "customer service rep" than thou where I work! They want to argue about the workflow that was created with great thought and care by senior management, when what they need to be doing is answering the phone!

In any case, I can relate to the feeling of gritting your teeth, Drake, while the folks around you get hammered. At times it's beeb a thin line for me between isolation and frustration. If only we could snap our fingers and - voila - be surrounded with sober people....

This afternoon I'll be listening to Christmas music while making pepperoni bread, pigs in a blanket, dill dip in a bread bowl, cannoli dip, and candied bacon for a gathering at my house tonight. Nothing is materially different about my life or relationships or family, yet for the first time since getting sober I'm at peace rather than irritated, stressed, overwhelmed, and wanting it all to be over with. I'm not gritting my teeth. What a feeling.

For those struggling, I want you to know that I struggled too. Abstinence from alcohol didn't come easily to me. I struggled with cravings. I was disappointed that I couldn't drink like the people around me. A heavy depression bubbled the the surface. I gained 40 pounds. I felt like my life lost its wow factor. I am married to an alcoholic who drinks in our home. Yet, for the first time in my life, I feel peace. I think it's the result of working my program of recovery daily and diligently.

Peace and love to the Undies on the holidays and every day!
Old 12-24-2014, 10:50 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Sounds like a wonderful evening, Glee!
Old 12-24-2014, 01:02 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas to all Undies!

Christmas Eve stone cold sober, feels FANTASTIC!

Peace and strength to everyone out there

LS
Old 12-24-2014, 01:56 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas to all Undies!

Glee, I'm so happy to hear you are feeling peace :-)

LS, you have really turned your life around since I've seen your posts. Way to go!

I'm feeling better every day and in spite of this darned flu, I feel yet stronger in sobriety! What a great feeling! Thanks to all of my SR friends :-)
Old 12-24-2014, 06:49 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

GF congrats on 10 months! All that food sounds yummy!

Drake hope the singing goes well!

I just woke up from a little nap. So grateful to be sober for the holidays and not waking up with hangovers.
Old 12-24-2014, 07:06 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
The Long and Winding Road....

Merry Xmas to all th undies keep up the good work and merry xmas
Old 12-24-2014, 10:58 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Despite all the drama at rehearsal, the Lessons and Carols went perfectly, as it usually does. Long service but nothing like a full choir and congregation starting "The First Nowell" at the stroke of midnight.

Enjoying a bit of eggnog and some English sticky toffee cheese before turning in.

Merry Christmas all!

XO

DC
Old 12-25-2014, 02:41 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Glad your performance went well, Drake!

How are you holding up, Vandermast? I hope you're having a good holiday and fighting the good battle!
Old 12-25-2014, 02:43 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday, Sass!

Old 12-25-2014, 07:28 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Saskia!

Merry Christmas, Undies!

The family gathering went well last night. Hubby decided to get blotto on red wine last night, the same type we used to drink. He was slurring by the end of the night.

In any case, it was a nice night. Even though he was drinking red wine, even though my sister in laws drive people crazy, even though my mother was following me around acting needy and crazed, I felt calm and at peace.

I didn't feel tempted by the wine, but I don't want it in the house. I think he made a thoughtless, lousy decision. My husband either doesn't realize it, or thinks he made up for it some other way, or doesn't care - that's the denial and insanity of alcoholism.

He'll probably spend the next couple weeks drinking. (That's what we used to do.) I'm not feeling the same anger and resentment, or insane notion that I can control the situation. I know he's not going to stop drinking because of me. I also know he doesn't want to do fun stuff with me, activities I think are fun, while he's on vacation for the next week and a half. Knowing this and accepting it brings some peace.

I feel happy, peaceful and free this holiday. I am grateful this Christmas season that I am learning how to find serenity and joy even when faced with difficult circumstances from my insane, crazy, actively addicted life.
Old 12-25-2014, 08:52 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Happy Holidays everyone!!!!I finally found my way back to you. I've been sober for two weeks and I'm very very proud to say I was sober this year for Christmas. I'm feeling sooo good after going through the worst with drawl ever a couple of weeks ago. I'm just so happy to be here.
missed you guys
Babs
Old 12-25-2014, 09:02 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Glad you're back, Babs!
Old 12-25-2014, 09:59 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Thanks for the Christmas and birthday wishes!

Glee, glad you are feeling at peace but still sorry to hear about ongoing relationship issues. (((Hugs))).

Babs, many congrats on two weeks and staying sober for Christmas :-)

Gilmer, hope your holiday is relaxing!
Old 12-25-2014, 10:05 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

The bustle of the morning is over and the roast is in the oven. Now I am faced with -- Hebrew!!

I hope I can manage to comprehend something today--I've got to take the quiz tomorrow, and I can't afford another 70!
Old 12-25-2014, 10:36 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Somehow, Gilmer, I think you'll be just fine!

Old 12-25-2014, 01:10 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Gf your post reminded me of the serenity prayer and the way your accepting things you can't change. Have a nice day today!

Gilmer good luck on tomorrow's quiz.

Babs glad to see you back again.

Today's been mellow so far. Went out with my dog this morning and watching some Christmas movies. I have to head over to my moms with my sis in a couple hours. I will be enjoying some diet coke or Pepsi while they are getting wasted. Looking forward to enjoying some good food.
Old 12-25-2014, 02:18 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for a new thread:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-42-a.html

D