Notices

Class of March 2013 part 34

Old 12-07-2014, 05:48 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

CONGRATULATIONS, SASS!
Old 12-07-2014, 03:15 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Sass... you sound very happy.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:29 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Congrats, sass!!

Toots, I missed the memo you are coming back stateside. Woohoo! For how long this time?
Things are going better with j, thanks for asking. She went back on antidepressants and they made a huge difference. I feel like she's back. We still both need to lighten up sometimes. But she's supportive again, and I can talk her down when she gets cranky. I don't know if all that makes sense, but we are having fun again. Yay! And we haven't a clue when we are getting married, but being engaged definitely makes us work harder with each other.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:42 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

I also missed the part about Toots being on the move again.... but... soon I will be able to stay up to date.

I have decided to treat myself for being sober and saving money on the alcohol... (interesting how even drinking moderately of inexpensive beer and wine adds up monetarily).
I bought myself an early Christmas present and have signed up for one year of internet! I got a fantastic deal... being nice to the customer service rep paid off, and she gave me a non advertised special they have for loyal customers ( I have my home phone with the company I signed up for internet with).

I am scheduled to have it installed on December 15th. I also am more comfortable with getting it now as I have begun to slowly work on my business and am finding that there is some interest.

And Marcher... I read your post about the geriatric commune for Marchers... too much fun! Reserve me a spot for 5 years from now... once Seraphina goes to school, I will be ready for long term adventures!

Hello to LifeT...welcome back.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:49 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers We are in for a big old southerly change today, the claim is that our tropical weather will be blown away, I must say that a little less sticky would be welcome.

1Day it's good to see you! How are you travelling towards Christmas?

Sass it's still your fourth month anniversary where you are so ...

red.jpg

Have a good day peeps.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:53 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Thanks all! - and yes, I'm much happier now that my head has cleared and I don't feel that awful compulsion to drink! I remind myself of that every single day and it always makes me smile :-)

1day, good to hear from you. I hope all's well.

WeHav, it sounds like you and j are making good progress. Nice to not have a fixed timetable so you both can focus on your relationship.

Gilmer, how is Papa Gilmer? Have you had your family meeting?

Shoes, where are you? I'd love a virtual banana, lol.

Babs and Life, I hope you both come back. If I can do this, I know that you can, too, when you are ready. It helped me to hang in here even though I worried that others were getting tired of my same-old same-old stopping and starting. I understand now that everyone really does care. When someone is hurting and I feel helpless to "do" anything, then I know I feel frustrated simply because I can't just reach out and make it happen for someone else, NOT because I'm annoyed!

Trachy and Budd, love you guys! You two sure spice things up around here.

Dee, V, Duff, Toots, Marcher, grtgrandpa, Bimini, and anyone I inadvertently missed, you all are very special to me!
Old 12-07-2014, 03:58 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

1Day, so happy you will have Internet - looking forward to seeing more of you!

Marcher, love the beautiful rose

Toots, love the glass memories :-)

V, that's a lovely Congratulations in your post.

Oops, DD I missed you!
Old 12-07-2014, 09:21 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

My dad is doing well, thanks. It seems as though nothing happened--he's totally mobile and ready to go! The family meeting will be after he gets his hearing aid fixed on Tuesday.
Old 12-08-2014, 03:52 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Morning, Marchers!

I have to say I had the perfect sober wknd. I just felt comfortable in my sobriety. It really is a journey to get here and at only just over a year I know I still have a long way to go but what a difference a year makes.

Project simplify is in full effect and hubby agreed to miss a few of the bigger parties this year. Sat night I chose to take the boys to a friend's birthday party and passed up a big bash -- best thing I could have done. I felt comfortable and no pressure. The party ended at 6:30 and I had to fight the boat parade traffic to get home -- the only way to our neighborhood is over at least one of several bridges, all of which were closing for the boat parade. Imagine my relief when I had to pass a gazzilion cops and a DUI checkpoint SOBER. The cop just passed me through and told me to have a good night. I was smiling all the way home.

Yesterday the feeling continued through the morning and the afternoon. I went to a painting party for the kids and of course there was alcohol for the moms but I was just fine with a water. I intended on leaving as soon as the paintings were done but ended up being one of the last to leave. Toots, you told me early on to remember that we have sober interactions all day long, at work, school, the bank, etc. and that parties are just another setting for conversations. It's true.

It's like all the angst I used to carry is lifting and I'm finding my sober self.

Off to start the week - hope everyone is doing great. xoxo
Old 12-08-2014, 04:05 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

As you guys know, I have traditionally had a lot of heartburn about my family's annual Thanksgiving celebration with 20+ people. Last year I got so upset and bitter about it that I drank at it for two days. At the urging of my SR peeps and my psychiatrist, I went up Wednesday and came back Thanksgiving day immediately after the meal.

I did have a lot less stress.

Fast forward one year. In my sobriety, I have developed more maturity and learned to curb a good bit of my selfishness. I was totally fine with allowing the "invading hordes" to have a good time this Thanksgiving; in fact, I was even planning to help peel potatoes, help clean up, then make white turkey chili with the leftovers the next day.

But the plans got derailed when my dad's back pain flared up. We ended up not going to the big Thanksgiving with the relatives. We had a smaller turkey with fixings at home.

But last Saturday I got to welcome the whole troop of in-laws to my house, anyway; my husband's brother and his wife made a rare visit from their home in Colorado, and my MIL and FIL drove them up to visit us. All of the other siblings and the kids drove up, too, and we went to a private room of a restaurant to celebrate my FIL's 79th birthday. It was a good time.

Then the party moved to my house. I had some cheese, crackers, and pepperoni to put out; my MIL brought a ton more stuff. My daughter and I cut up a lot of cheese and salami and put it out along with chips and salsa. Truthfully, I was really wiped out and felt like going to bed; but instead I was a big girl and a pleasant hostess.

I faced a sudden "onslaught" of in-laws and chose to appreciate them rather than resent them. A good time was had by all, even me! My FIL was really, really blessed by the four generations of his progeny assembled at the table. I felt really good knowing that I contributed significantly to his wonderful night.

Sobriety has really helped me to grow and stretch as a human being. I thank the Lord for that!
Old 12-08-2014, 04:07 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Duff, I'm so glad about the party! Toots, that really was a very good insight!
Old 12-08-2014, 04:20 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for a new thread:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-35-a.html

D