Notices
View Poll Results: Can YOU successfully drink in moderation?
Yes
9.28%
No
90.72%
Voters: 474. You may not vote on this poll

Can YOU successfully drink in moderation?

Old 06-02-2015, 07:47 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Nope. Tried at least 4 times the last few years. I would do ok at first but never felt satisfied. The first time I would get the job done right I turned into a full time employee that never missed a day of work for any reason.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

This tread has reared it's head again... No. For people who drink like us, drinking in moderation is an impossibility. The only people who can drink moderately are non- alcoholics.
Old 06-23-2015, 08:07 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

and on a jumping up and down bright note.. my Hubby and I are going to the Stones event in Milwaukee... Drink ok heck no.. scream dance and cry... at 65 Kids and Beans I am so glad not to drink anymore.. why .. cause I do a ton more neat stuff and love every minute of it. woot woot. . I feel like 16 kekekekekkee its Micky hahahahahahahahaha love to all play nice and no if you are one of us and there are so many.. you can not just have one. of anything thing... Clark the Dog has better control. ahahhahaha I am so happy I could make a grown man Cry.. love ardy
Old 06-23-2015, 11:03 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

No.

I spent years trying- it was a fruitless and exhausting endeavor and colossal waste of time.
Old 06-23-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ardy View Post
and on a jumping up and down bright note.. my Hubby and I are going to the Stones event in Milwaukee... Drink ok heck no.. scream dance and cry... at 65 Kids and Beans I am so glad not to drink anymore.. why .. cause I do a ton more neat stuff and love every minute of it. woot woot. . I feel like 16 kekekekekkee its Micky hahahahahahahahaha love to all play nice and no if you are one of us and there are so many.. you can not just have one. of anything thing... Clark the Dog has better control. ahahhahaha I am so happy I could make a grown man Cry.. love ardy
Have a WONDERFUL time, Ardy. I saw the Stones three weeks ago and I am still on my cloud!

They're as good as ever. You're gonna have a ball!
Old 06-23-2015, 05:06 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

I'd rather enjoy freedom than will power.

Will power is just too darn limiting.
My freedom began when I put down the drink for the last time
Old 06-24-2015, 05:03 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

A big aha moment came to me, after a year's sobriety. My AV was still dancing with all of these ideas of moderation. I am an extremely stubborn, will full, strong minded individual. I have stayed sober for almost two years on my first attempt at sobriety. So, knowing this about myself, how could I not just willfully moderate my alcohol intake? The answer is that once I have some alcohol in my system, I am not that same, sane person. My AV will take that willpower and run with it, the other way. After one drink, I am not making the same decisions that strong, willful DD makes. Like Dee likes to say, "Do not confuse abstinence with control."
Old 06-24-2015, 07:09 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Several posts and replies have been removed. Please remember that adovacy for moderation or drinking of any kind is prohibited as per forum guidelines. This topic has certainly run its course, let's move on to helping some newcomers and each other, thread closed.