Notices

my father is drunk!!!!!!!!

Old 07-07-2013, 10:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy my father is drunk!!!!!!!!

hi my name is prem am new to this forum
am here because of my dad is chronic alcoholic he looses of his control when he get drunk ,my mom is always sad on seeing this he wastes all of his money by drinking , i have 2 sisters growing up ,i have no idea wots my dad is doing and where will he reach by this
am so sad.iam so lonely
i have nobody to seek help
i cried several nights.............
pls help me
Old 07-07-2013, 10:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Adult Children of Addicted/Alcoholic Parents - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 07-07-2013, 10:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello. I am sorry for your hurt. I know that it is really painful to watch a family member hurt themselves, and others with drinking. In this situation, it is important that you learn to take care of yourself, and not let your fathers alcoholism hurt anymore of your life. There is a friends and family section that is very helpful, along with here. You have come to the right place for help.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Prem, glad you found your way here. Is there any way you can get to an Alanon meeting? Try this link http://www.al-anon.alateen.org/international-meetings to locate a meeting.

If there's no in-person meeting near you, maybe this link http://www.al-anon.alateen.org/electronic-meetings will help you find a phone meeting.

There is a tremendous amount of support and help available on this board but sometimes talking face-to-face with someone who understands your situation is the best thing, if you can do it.

You can also try posting in this section of the forum Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information and especially make sure to read the threads at the top of the page; they have a lot of educational information that will help you understand what you can do to help yourself and your family.

Take care of yourself, and welcome.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Prem - we're so glad you're here. As the others mentioned, we have a Friends & Family section too. Many there will understand what you're going through. I hope you find what you need - and I'm so glad you reached out. You are not alone with this.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi prem, I'm glad to see you here. My father was a drunk, and then my stepfather - to me it was the norm to follow in that path. I'm glad you're seeing it otherwise and posting.

Others have already given you some great links and I can see you are worried about your siblings too.

Keep posting and keep strong
Old 07-07-2013, 02:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to SR! You'll find lots of support here.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR prem

I'm really sorry for your situation but I know you'll find a lot of support here

D