Notices

Is anyone else exhausted on Day 3?

Old 07-07-2013, 09:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is anyone else exhausted on Day 3?

Hi, all. I'm on Day 3 (again) and feel like I got run over by a truck. I've also been irritable to my husband to the point he said, "Why are you acting like this? You're not even drinking!" (I am a mean blackout drunk). The same day I quit I started taking multivitamins and a calcium/D combination, so maybe that causes tiredness. The other times I quit I couldn't sleep and was anxious--but this time I have absolutely no energy. I guess it does feel like when I quit smoking two years ago and spent every second in bed that I wasn't working. HOWEVER, I am truly grateful that I remember what I did last night even if I fell asleep on the couch! Is anyone else really, really tired?
Old 07-07-2013, 09:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

On day three I wouldn't even make it out of bed sometimes. It takes awhile before the alcohol leaves your system and your body and brain are adjusting to the withdrawal.
Happened to me all the time.

If I where you, I'd just take it easy and eat good food and get some electrolyte fluids in you.

Here's hoping you don't take a a drink to get rid of the tireness. You'll feel better soon..
Old 07-07-2013, 10:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

The first couple of weeks was a depression filled blur for me. Maybe being tired and sleeping is a defense mechanism for you.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

First week i hardly slept at all , then i had about 6 weeks where i went to work got home had dinner and went straight to bed and sleep .
My body was abused strung out and overtired after 20 years of poison drinking i needed it .

I can only tell you how it was for me, if you think it's odd then go to the doctor and have a chat .

Bestwishes, m
Old 07-07-2013, 11:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I was totally and completely exhausted for about a month. I did what I had to do and spent the rest of the time sleeping and recovering. I knew it would pass but when it was happening I was convinced something was horribly wrong. It wasn't. I was just healing like you are.

Day 3 is very very early. Hang in there...it will pass.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Safe,
Oh heavens yes, I was exhausted and a list of 20 other things too the first couple weeks. Felt like i would have to die to get better. Then came the emotional roller coster ride.
Fun times.

The deal was I was all those things and more when I drank if I want to be honest with myself. Drinking was no picnic either. At least there is chance for improvement if I don't drink. Heck, I still get tired on occasion. Better tired than tired and hungover IMO.

Keep it going! It gets better.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Safeandsound.

I'd put this another way - Is there anyone who is NOT exhausted on Day 3?

The first week was hard for me. Take it easy, drink a lot of water, eat well. Give you body some time to recover - it really deserves it.

Take care)
Old 07-07-2013, 04:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by safeandsound View Post
Hi, all. I'm on Day 3 (again) and feel like I got run over by a truck. I've also been irritable to my husband to the point he said, "Why are you acting like this? You're not even drinking!" (I am a mean blackout drunk). The same day I quit I started taking multivitamins and a calcium/D combination, so maybe that causes tiredness. The other times I quit I couldn't sleep and was anxious--but this time I have absolutely no energy. I guess it does feel like when I quit smoking two years ago and spent every second in bed that I wasn't working. HOWEVER, I am truly grateful that I remember what I did last night even if I fell asleep on the couch! Is anyone else really, really tired?

Yeah, withdrawal sucks! Its going to suck for a few weeks, but its the price we pay to get to the sort of life where we can be happy and healthy, living the way we always wanted to. You will get tired, emotional, anxious, mad, etc.......its your body healing and it takes time.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Day 3 was the absolute worst for me.

Listen to your body, stay hydrated, keep taking your supplements (I doubt that's what's making you tired) and you will start to feel better soon.

Hang in there!
Old 07-08-2013, 08:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks, guys! It's good to know it's normal. I was worried because the other times I quit I felt anxious and couldn't sleep instead of being tired, and I almost immediately felt healthy and happy. Then when something bad happened, I wasn't prepared ("on a pink cloud") and drank again. So it's a good sign I'm feeling awful this time! Day 4 and hanging in!
Old 07-08-2013, 09:02 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Unfortunately I have had many day3's and they always suck. The problem is a lot if us don't wait long enough for withdrawals to finish and instead try to fix it with a drink. Damn you alcohol.