Notices
View Poll Results: how many meetings do you attend per week ?
6 or more per week
7.55%
3 to 5 per week
21.35%
1 to 2 per week
17.71%
only occasionally
11.46%
never
41.93%
Voters: 384. You may not vote on this poll

how many 12 Step Meetings do you attend ?

Old 12-04-2016, 05:12 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

I am not attending meetings because I do not feel it helpful to my recovery at this point. I did go to some in the past and I remember the stories I heard within and some of the people being triggers for me.

I like coming here because although it is the alcoholism subforum, I can share with other people the insights I've gained about myself since I've gotten sober this time... I don't feel like I'm excessively focused on alcohol, the thing I don't want.. at a lot of meetings, I felt inundated with messages of "I want to drink, I want to drink, I want to drink".. here we talk about recovery. If I do find something that triggers me, I do often say the wrong thing, but then I get called on it and I learn the lesson.. It may not happen that way in person at an AA meeting, I could end up on the ground lol I express myself better in written form, so I feel I have a lot more to offer here.. I try to help people in the hopes it will bring me closure to that part of my life, which I believe 100% whole-heartedly is over. My heart goes out to people who genuinely do not know whether they will pick up a drink tonight, tomorrow, or next month. Maybe that's what I fear I'd run in to too much at an AA meeting.
Old 12-04-2016, 05:24 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  
G-Woman

I go to about 2-3 meetings a week. I admit, not so much for the program as for the fellowship. I need regular human contact with people like me.