Different points of view and ideas...

Old 03-16-2013, 07:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Different points of view and ideas...

...about recovery are held by the members of this community.

We now have more than 115,000 registered members and there are more than 3 million posts on this forum.

As with any community this size, there will be a variety of ideas and opinions--and that's OK. You don't have to agree with the viewpoints of every member here, and they don't have to agree with your viewpoint.

Please do not engage in a war of opinions on a thread--it detracts from the original poster's question. If there is someone here whose posts make you feel angry or upset, please place that person on your Ignore List. Simply click on the person's user name, select the 'Add so-and-so to your Ignore List', and follow the remaining prompts.

If you see a post that you believe violates one of SoberRecovery's Forum Rules and Regulations, please click on the triangle with the exclamation point in it to report the post (located in the lower left-hand corner below the username and avatar). We will review it and take action if necessary. Here is the link to the complete list of SR Forum Policies, Rules and Posting Tips:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ting-tips.html

The bottom line is that we all want a peaceful and joy-filled life. We just have different ideas on how to get there

Peace in the valley,
HG

Last edited by Seren; 03-16-2013 at 09:23 AM. Reason: My spelling is horrible today--apparently.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes! And for us codies who still aren't recovered, the disagreements are very unsettling, so can everyone please get along? If you want to fight, do it on FB!

Seriously, I would like to add that some consideration should be given to the fact that all of our exchanges are happening in writing. In the past, I know I have said things to friends in writing that they misunderstood and took offense to, just because I worded them poorly. So I try to give people on SR the benefit of the doubt. If they are taking the time to reply to a post, then surely they care. Everyone is on here to support one another and get/stay healthy.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Old 03-16-2013, 06:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

That says it all, Hydrogirl. Without tolerance and respect for each other, our wonderful site could turn into chaos. Thank you for the valuable reminder.