Notices

Is this really weed? Or something else?

Old 02-22-2013, 01:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is this really weed? Or something else?

Im so scared. My friend is a weed smoker. Been like that for years. Not sure how ofter he smoked it.
But something has happened. One day he came back to his parents home as completely different person. He arrived early in the morning and probably did not realize that he was at his parents.
He sat there crying all day, he could not speak properly. He was talking to someone else, not sure whom.
He was exhaling very loudly, burping and acting like mental. OMG Im so scared.
Day 2. No change. He is constantly crying and talking like mental. He talks about how much he loves everyone.
He is in hospital at the moment and doctor thinks that he is mental, but he is not. He has USED something. We just dont know what. He mentioned something like thc weed.

DOES anyone have a clue what is this? I hope its not heroin.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Blessed Man

Sounds like it may be bath salts or methamphetamine...just speaking Tom my experiences not an expert.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Agree with the above. It doesn't sound like heroin. Hope he is ok. Probably weed laced with something.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh thanks for replying. Will he ever be normal again? Its almost day 3 and he has not changed. Im just so scared.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Blessed Man

If its the above mentioned drugs it's should change in a few days but I'm not a doctor...
Old 02-22-2013, 02:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Im just shocked that whatever it is he used has such severe side effects.

How long is recovery process then?
Old 02-22-2013, 02:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Maybe it was synthetic pot, or 'spice' HF - that can be pretty nasty too.

The fact is, tho, we're all guessing.

he sounds like he's in the best place for help right now and I hope he'll make a full recovery really soon

D
Old 02-23-2013, 08:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Healthyfood
He mentioned something like thc weed.
Thc is just the active ingredient in weed... and I don't think it's that.

I've seen something a bit like this once in someone who took too much X. She was very very happy, expansive and emotional while high but became very very sad, expansive and emotional on the comedown.

It didn't last this long though.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Originally Posted by Healthyfood View Post
He is in hospital at the moment and doctor thinks that he is mental, but he is not. He has USED something. We just dont know what. He mentioned something like thc weed.
Hi Healthyfood,

Have the doctors do extensive blood work to rule out if the marijuana was laced with dangerous chemicals.

One of the dangers of smoking marijuana is the possibility that it has been laced with another, more dangerous substance such as cocaine, crack, PCP, or even embalming fluid.

Dealers have been known to sell joints, blunts, or cigarettes dipped in embalming fluid and laced with PCP. Though reports of laced marijuana are infrequent, and most lacing of marijuana is done at user-level, it is important to remember that with unregulated drugs such as marijuana, the user has no way of knowing what other types of substances have been added.

Smoking a joint that has been dipped in embalming fluid or formaldehyde has effects similar to those of a joint laced with PCP - a drug that causes hallucinations, euphoria, and often times, panic or rage.

TB
Old 02-25-2013, 06:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My money is on Dee74's guess. This new synthetic pot crap. I have been hearing and reading stories about some seriously nasty effects of that stuff. You may want to google it and read up on it.
Synthetic ='s chemically created ='s who knows what the person who made it put into it.
Like playing russian roulette with your brain.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Any news?

I had something similar happen back in highschool camp.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Healthyfood

Healthy food maybe pcp?
Old 02-26-2013, 06:42 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Synthetic cannabinoids (aka Spice, K2, etc.) are unlikely as the effects generally peak 2-3 minutes after smoking and the user is back at baseline within an hour. Long term usage has resulted in drug-induced psychosis in a small number of people, however.

I would put my money on mephedrone (aka Bath Salts) as the culprit. This substance has been known to cause psychosis similar to what you describe after just one use.

Long term use of methamphetamine, cocaine, or other strong stimulants can cause this as well.

Obviously, all guesses in this thread are just that - guesses. A full drug panel conducted by the hospital is the only way to find out what, if anything, is in his system.

I hope he recovers and you find some peace. Good luck.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:29 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Not again

FYI.....

This recoveredcrackhead and current student of Chemical Dependancy says...they ain't talking about this in class. Kinda scary to think that the other "kids" are going to finish school and look for jobs only to be confronted with this. God help us all.

Larry
Old 03-02-2013, 02:20 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi all

Thank you for you support. Its been one week. And no change. He is still in hospital and begs to go home. Doctors say they will keep him another week and then transfer to mental clinic. BUT he is not MENTAL.

Im trying to find as much info as possible about this drug. I think it could be PCP. Some people say it could take up to 5 weeks to recover. But is he ever be normal?

Is it safe to take him home?
Old 03-05-2013, 03:52 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Sounds like the weed may have been laced with pcp as far as taking him home I would wait to see how he is doing after the last week and go from there.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:03 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

OH NO, it sounds like spice to me. The synthetic weed. I have heard of many people who have completely lost it after smoking it, and it doesn't show up on any drug tests!
Old 03-05-2013, 04:44 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

one of my friends was on synthetic weed for a while and i heard he got really aggressive.

and after he quit, he was lost for quite some time...

took him about a few months of vacay to come back home normal.

he hasn't used since.

-sub0
Old 03-06-2013, 09:59 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Healthyfood View Post
Hi all

Thank you for you support. Its been one week. And no change. He is still in hospital and begs to go home. Doctors say they will keep him another week and then transfer to mental clinic. BUT he is not MENTAL.

Im trying to find as much info as possible about this drug. I think it could be PCP. Some people say it could take up to 5 weeks to recover. But is he ever be normal?

Is it safe to take him home?
From my experience something to effect someone this long with no change would either be a type of with-drawl or a substance that has kicked off or started some type of reaction similar to mania, there is possible undiagnosed conditions here and drug screens do vary. Almost everything is detectable, as long as your looking for that specific drug or trace ie enzyme etc., that being said I would only just hope he’s being correctly treated. I’ve seen so many people incorrectly diagnosed because of underlining issues, an example would being treated for depression at a family practice, instead of proper referral. That being said I personally wouldn’t be too worried about checking him into a hospital specializing in behaviourial problems, track record pending that would honestly be the better of the two to diagnose what’s going on. In those situations the doctor that will be able to find out what’s wrong will most likely be there, not at a general hospital specializing in other medical needs. Again I don’t know point A where he’s at and point B where they say they may take him, but if both are valued in the medical community I would see what they have to say. At one point in time in my life I had to visit a behavior doctor, where many mental patients where, just to see my doctor about depression and anxiety, and I’ve seen the same people go there for bi-polar and schizophrenia. At first it did get some getting used to but I quickly understood, I do have a mental problem, just not as pronounced as say “mental retardation” or “downs syndrom”.

Just reference as much as possible, the history, back ground of whom is working with him and what they are doing, procedure wise. Even talk to your family doctor and get them in the loop, even if its not their field they may know others that are.

Best of luck and post what you find out!
Old 03-06-2013, 10:46 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Sounds scary.
Take him to a doc.

Good luck.