Notices

How do i find my higher power?

Old 04-24-2004, 06:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

How do i find my higher power?

New to this and started going to na meetings have been clean since april 11, 2004 and I am not a religous person so how do i find my higher power?
Old 04-24-2004, 06:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Re: How do i find my higher power?

guarantee you this will get a thread going!! because everyone here has their own HP concept. P25 in Basic Text has a good start to the process...pp 91&262 help too.
The certain knowledge that i had been operating under the influence of a power greater than me -drugs/booze- for a long time, was the first "part" i had to get.
And that my ego was a constant generator of subjective insanity- so that maybe i had better look outside myself to stand a chance. And, ultimately, it felt that i needed faith to gain any real sense of hope...
My concept has gone thru a few changes- started off with my respect for the years of recovery in th rooms. later it was nature. when i became conscious of the extraordinary miracles in my life, i felt a real kinship with a personal god [imagine god is a woman and She's on your side- an early exercise to get me outta old god/concepts] Lately, ive listened to some Joseph Campbell and i caught a quote worth passing on
"Hell: the place of people who could not yield their ego system to allow the grace of a transpersonal power to move them"
congrats on your clean time. keep comin' back
mackatg
Old 04-26-2004, 07:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Re: How do i find my higher power?

hey Soberero...

A person doesn't have to be religious to find a Higher Power.

A phrase I liked when I first went into recovery (cause I had resentment issues with a certain religion)...

Religion is for people who are afraid of hell....
Spirituality is for those people who have BEEN to hell.... ; )