Notices

Old 01-29-2013, 11:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi there,

I'm a newbie here. Been browsing this forum for the last couple of days and finally grew some balls and signed up today.

Anyway, just wanted to say "hey"
Old 01-29-2013, 11:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Never say never...

Hey RocketQueen (One of my FAVORITE songs BTW) ...I'm new here too, just wanted to say welcome!! You've found a good place
Old 01-30-2013, 12:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome!
Old 01-30-2013, 12:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
One day at a time

Hello Rocket Queen, I only signed yesterday at like 1 am. I never really thought I would need a website like this but trust me he helped me and i have only had for 24 hours
Old 01-30-2013, 12:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ok, im not sure where to post, but I really need help. I feel like Im getting lost amongst the demons of my partner of 10 months...I understand that having a problem with drugs and drinking is HUGE, but believe me, it is HUGE to the person caught up in the whirlwind. I have this amazing guy, who would do anything for me, but can't show any emotion at all...and I can't live without it. He says give him time....He was a meth user for 10 years and has been sober from that for over a year. But he now drinks a huge amount, and occasionally smokes pot. He holds down a job, and is not violent ever. But I feel so alone as he likes to spend days in bed when not working, talking about the old life, and gets agitated when I bring up emotional stuff or how I am feeling about things. What am I to do....and please please dont think Im selfish, or impatient, I just feel very lost in all this. I know it sounds that I am a rescuer, maybe I am. But I also see this beautiful man who has been badly affected by his dad leaving home when he was a child, and now thinks hes worthless and not worthy of love. I dont want to give up on him....but I dont know what to do
Old 01-30-2013, 12:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to you both, Rocket Queen and Jackster. (Jackster, if you started your own thread you may get more responses)
Old 01-30-2013, 12:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you for the warm welcome

I'm having a particularly hard day today (and I'm only in day 2!) Doing this all alone, so it's nice to have at least some support, even if it is only virtual
Old 01-30-2013, 01:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Never say never...

Keep up the good work RQ....day 2 is a helluva lot better than day 0!!
Old 01-30-2013, 01:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Right now, my body isn't agreeing with that statement MurphysMistress lol
Old 01-30-2013, 01:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Never say never...

It will....I quit cold turkey last Monday (a liter of vodka a day)....it was HELL, but so worth it. I feel pretty good right now and it gets better every day, mentally and physically !!
Old 01-30-2013, 01:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I quit cold turkey as well yesterday (although, if you want to get technical, I had my last drink at 8pm monday night so I'm a little over 2 days lol). I'm yet to feel any benefits, but I'll tell you one thing, I NEVER want to go through this again.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
AA member

Welcome to SR RocketQueen.

I am somewhat of an expert on Day 2! I must have had thousands of them,I always found Day 2 the worst day when coming off the booze and found it increasingly difficult .

I remember my last Day 2 as if it was yesterday.I got through it and up until today have never needed to be in that hell again.

Keep yourself hydrated,water is the best.

Stay close to SR,there is always someone here to offer encouragement.

I wish you well.Stick with it.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:07 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Never say never...

Originally Posted by heath480 View Post
Welcome to SR RocketQueen.

Keep yourself hydrated,water is the best.
DEFINITELY! ...great advice. I drink tons of water & I just stocked up on all kinds of Celestial Seasonings tea as well...it's cold here in MA, Brrrr, and they have no caffeine (not that I need it, lol)
Old 01-30-2013, 02:16 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks Heath. I'm alternating water with gatorade to keep my electrolites (or whatever they are) up. The worst part is going through it alone... well, not alone... I have a 2 year old :/
Old 01-31-2013, 03:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

OOOppppss

Originally Posted by least View Post
Welcome to you both, Rocket Queen and Jackster. (Jackster, if you started your own thread you may get more responses)
Sorry, I didnt know where I was. I see now that I butted in someone elses thread. I am deeply sorry for this. Take care all. Jacki