Notices

give a parent some help or info

Old 12-12-2012, 09:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

give a parent some help or info

So my 23 yr heroin addicted old son has tried rehab, twelve steps, salvation army, and probably something else that I can't remember, so he said he wanted to use methadone. 'It will clear my head, help me get my life in order.' And, it actually has worked in that way - he is keeping a steady job, has paid off bills, is really aware of his situation, and appears to have no interest in using. My question is - what about getting off methadone? I'm not hung up about substituting one substance for another - he and I have talked about how the methadone has helped stop behaviors. When does he start tapering off methadone? Thanks to anyone with experience with this addiction.
b.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm so glad your son is trying to get free of this evil drug. I have a daughter who is a recovering heroin addict shes been clean 27 months. She used soboxin (spelled wrong) for 5 days while she detoxed. She was scared to use the methodone becuase of the withdraws from it. BUT the way I look at it is this.. He is off the heroin.. and they will monitor him on the methodone so he has to take it or he wont get it. I would suggest IN TIME he tries to get off it because it is very addictive also. These poor kids get hooked on what I call Satans Drug and its a life time of hard work to stay clean. I will keep you and your son in my prayers.. I have a facebook page I made it to help ME understand more about this disease please feel free to read it. The Truth About All Drugs.. God Bless
Old 12-15-2012, 04:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks onedayatatime

I have to admit it has seemed like the miracle cure - it has made him able to stop the heroin, the stealing, lying, the zombie like presence. I can actually talk to my son again. Yes, getting off of it will be his challenge someday. I know, I and he need to learn more about this drug, but he is functioning. H!ll, I have been on anti-depressants of one kind or another for years..... that's my maintenance. my heart breaks reading messages from all the new people here...
Old 12-19-2012, 08:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Im so happy he is doing better CONGRATS TO HIM !!!! I remember when me and my daughter actually sat down and had our FIRST CONVERSATION WITH HER BEING CLEAN I was so happy to actually be able to listen and understand what she was saying !!! U and your son are in my prayers <3
Old 01-06-2013, 01:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

we are stronger than any substance we can beat anything if we try a bit