Notices

I want to go to inpatient rehab...Tell me how

Old 04-07-2012, 02:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question I want to go to inpatient rehab...Tell me how

I really appreciate everyone's support and encouragement. The most common advice is to go to an impatient rehab. Okay. Now how do I do it exactly? My family will not pay for it and if I go, they will of course find out I have been using so I will have no place to live whenever I get out. That makes me sad but still I'm ready to go to rehab. I make too much money to qualify for any county services. Ironically, I do not have more than $10 to my name because I spend all my income on drugs. I have no bank account, no credit cards, nothing of value to sell. I have a limited coverage medical insurance which basically covers $1000 a year. It is not comprehensive health insurance and my work does not offer anything better. So am I missing something? How can I go to rehab? Anyone that knows a way, please educate me. If there is a way I can go to some rehab, I'd check in tomorrow happily.
I am not in denial about how serious my addiction is nor in denial that my depression is so severe, I'm close to suicide. I know I cannot get better on my own and outpatient treatment wouldn't be enough. I need to be watched and monitored 24/7. I know how sick I am right now. I could go into hospital for 72 hours on suicide watch but that isn't going to help me. I currently can promise not to kill myself. I'm not in danger just totally aware I need people to take over for me for a while. I shouldn't be in control of myself because my judgment and thinking is seriously impaired. Sheer willpower and determination won't get me better. I'm not lazy or not ready to change and will work hard and do whatever is asked of me. If I could fix myself I swear I would. I don't enjoy
any part of my life. I hate drugs and myself for not being able to stop on my own.

I guess I'm just not understanding how I get treatment? Its not free and I have no money. I make too much to get any county or state help. Everyone says go to rehab and I say yes please can I go, now somebody tell me how.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Hardy....Here are a couple sites...Make some phone calls...Explain your situation...You might find something here.

I would try that Addiction Rehab Helpline first. Top left corner.

California, Alcohol & Drug, Treatment Centers & Programs

Here is another one...It may take some calls...But maybe someone can help you...I'm praying for you Hardy.

33 Substance Abuse and Dual Diagnosis Drug Rehabs in Bakersfield CA - California
Old 04-07-2012, 03:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Your Dr might be able to help too Hardy.

There's also a Government helpline here:

1. What is SAMHSA's Treatment Referral Routing Service? SAMHSA's Treatment Referral Routing Service is a confidential, free, 24-hour-a-day, 365-day-a-year, information service, in English and Spanish, for individuals and family members facing substance abuse and mental health issues. This service provides referrals to local treatment facilities, support groups, and community-based organizations. Callers can also order free publications and other information in print on substance abuse and mental health issues.
    Call 1-800-662-HELP (4357) or visit the online treatment locator at Find Substance Abuse and Mental Health Treatment

It's a service that will help connect you with the right resources for you in your area.

I really hope one of these links can help you work something out

D
Old 04-07-2012, 04:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you Hardy.

And Sapling and Dee, how great that you are able to provide support as well as specific resources. It is great how ostensible strangers to one another can offer such assistance. Glad to be part of this group.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hello hardy:
Have you been to NA meetings in your area? I bet there will be folks there that would be able to help you.. that know the ropes. Going to NA meetings regularly would probably be very good until a rehab option is found.
All the best.

Bob R
Old 04-07-2012, 07:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I don't normally say this Hardy but I am praying for you. I do hope you get the help you need. We care about you.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

Salvation Army Adult Rehab Center (ARC)

Call them on here and talk: The Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center: Rehabilitation Program

Wishing you all of the best!
Old 07-05-2013, 10:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Prayers for you!
Old 07-05-2013, 11:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

look at that. there are so many options available.

Now what you have to do is not let that alcoholic monster win sit at the phone and call everyone of them

let us know how it goes.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

hardy hasn't been on this site since Aug 26, 2012. Prayers to her.