Notices

the 2 types of alcoholics

Old 03-26-2012, 09:53 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

What is a gizzard??? Hello? Can anyone hear me? Is it like a lizard? Is it from inside the chicken? Something you chop off a chicken? Do all chickens have them? Hello?

Old 03-26-2012, 09:54 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I never really gained weight when I was a drunkard. But I really eat too much as well as drink a lot. But even though I do not gain weight, I feel the after effects on my body.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:56 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

but the gizzards?
Old 03-26-2012, 10:00 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Wink

Originally Posted by stillsleeping View Post
...and what the h*ll is a gizzard??? are you guys makin this stuff up?
Gizzards are organ meat from a chicken. And before we criticize gizzard eaters. My gran was a Geordie from Chopwell, just outside of Newcastle. Big on kidneys, she were.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:03 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for clearing that up! btw kidneys are awesome also liver and onions mmmm. In fact most offal is good in the UK. Ever eaten haggis? Mostly made from lungs... delicious
Old 03-26-2012, 10:30 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Isn't haggis usually consumed with vast quantities of scotch?

Off my menu, I'm afraid. St. Paddy's Day, St. David's Day and Robert Burns birthday are sober affairs, for me, this year.

When I was actively drinking, I didn't have a taste for sweets at all. Spicey, savory things like chicken wings and pizza were what I craved. What we call "pub food", here. You couldn't give me an ice cream cone. Now, I've replaced the carbs in booze with the carbs in sugar. Hence the Klondike bars and chocolate bars.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:22 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Random Guy

...and what the h*ll is a gizzard??? are you guys makin this stuff up?
Hahaha even though someone already answered I figured I would post this.

Gizzard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A gizzard is what chickens (and most other birds) use to chew with. It ia a muscle in the chest/throat that they store pebbles/sand in and use to grind up whatever they eat seeing as they don't have teeth. when cleaned and eaten it is a rather tough and chewy but at the same time very tasty and almost bite size snack. You can buy them at a lot of truck stops in the states almost always deep fried. I really like them and because most people don't eat them they are pretty cheap, so I have experimented with them in other dishes as well. they go pretty well in stews and soups . I was raised pretty country, so pretty much anything you put in front of me I will eat so long as it is ment to be edible, so far my only exception is food that has been fermented. I tried Nato in Japan (dices up and fermented soy beans) even with my iron stomach I couldn't choke down that.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:27 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

My diet was adderall for breakfast, more adderall for lunch, and .375 liters of vodka for dinner. Sometimes I'd eat food. Sometimes I'd forget to eat.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:44 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SOBERINNEPA View Post
Isn't haggis usually consumed with vast quantities of scotch?
Haha not any more, we have it with cabbage
Old 03-26-2012, 11:47 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InsertNameHere View Post
Hahaha even though someone already answered I figured I would post this.

Gizzard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A gizzard is what chickens (and most other birds) use to chew with. It ia a muscle in the chest/throat that they store pebbles/sand in and use to grind up whatever they eat seeing as they don't have teeth. when cleaned and eaten it is a rather tough and chewy but at the same time very tasty and almost bite size snack. You can buy them at a lot of truck stops in the states almost always deep fried. I really like them and because most people don't eat them they are pretty cheap, so I have experimented with them in other dishes as well. they go pretty well in stews and soups . I was raised pretty country, so pretty much anything you put in front of me I will eat so long as it is ment to be edible, so far my only exception is food that has been fermented. I tried Nato in Japan (dices up and fermented soy beans) even with my iron stomach I couldn't choke down that.
Brilliant! thanks for such a comprehensive and detailed answer - go to the top of the class! Deep fried chicken throats. Who the hell would have thought??

Old 03-26-2012, 11:48 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by suic View Post
My diet was adderall for breakfast, more adderall for lunch, and .375 liters of vodka for dinner. Sometimes I'd eat food. Sometimes I'd forget to eat.
here we go... what's adderall? :0
Old 03-26-2012, 12:02 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Random Guy

here we go... what's adderall? :0
Can't help you there all I know is that it is some kind of drug. I think a anti depressant but I again really don't know. I will have to google it.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:36 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
former walking pharmacy

Adderall is the pharmaceutical name for amphetamines (speed).
Old 03-26-2012, 09:21 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Adderall is used to treat ADHD. Or in my case make working at 4:45 AM bearable.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:33 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
~sb

Hehe boys across the ocean with their pants down

I know Franklin! I never heard that quote, tho, like it! But Edison invented electricity, look:

E:\Cartoons\Edison And His Electricity.flv - YouTube
From 1737: Ben Franklin has 220 synonyms for "drunkenness" on here;
The Drinker’s Dictionary by Benjamin Franklin

(stillsleeping, you are hilarious!)
Old 03-26-2012, 09:34 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

When I drank, I didn't eat because I didn't want food to interfere with my "buzz." In the mornings, I'd be nauseous and shaky, and then I'd get the dry heaves (nothing in my stomach). Would take a couple of shots to steady me, puke those up, try again until they stayed down ... then as the hangover moved in, the only thing I'd want to eat was greasy stuff like bacon, eggs with lots of cheese, and McDonald's hamburgers and fries. The result was fat and bloat.

When I got sober, my appetite disappeared and I have to literally force myself to eat. Lost almost 50 pounds in 3 months. For awhile, all I could stomach was soup, and lots of it. Smoking definitely doesn't help with the appetite either. Now more more weight is coming off ... glad about that part but I've gotta get back to eating a healthy diet. Trying to eat more fruits and veggies now, drinking lots of water and iced tea and some protein here and there. At least I'm taking a lot of supplements, but vitamins in food are better.

Definitely taking the body time to recover, but I'll get there. I'd rather eat sparingly for now than eat like a pig.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:08 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
From 1737: Ben Franklin has 220 synonyms for "drunkenness" on here;
The Drinker’s Dictionary by Benjamin Franklin

(stillsleeping, you are hilarious!)
Haha! General consensus is that I'm an idiot, but thanks!
Old 03-26-2012, 10:16 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InsertNameHere View Post
My bad I did some reading apparently they have changed a few things since I was in grade school, I guess now he is just credited with proving that lightining is/was electricity and the "discovery" that electricity exsists took place well before that. I can't view the edison link because I don't have access to youtube at work but there is nothing about him "discovering" electricity on his wikipedia page. Just his inventions which were made well after electricty had been harnesed adn was being used.

Man, Insert, they blocked youtube? Bummer. Kudos for totally hanging out on SR for hours instead and givin it to the man!

And thanks for such a sincere reply - the "film clip" was actually a link to a Family Guy episode (you're American, right?) showing Edison yelling at his neighbour and bragging that he's the only person on the block with a nice bright house and cable TV. Then goes back inside and heavy metal music blares out across the street. Genius.

But possibly not historically accurate - I'd stick to what your teachers told you

xx
Old 03-26-2012, 10:16 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Haha! General consensus is that I'm an idiot, but thanks!
Nah no one said that, believe it or not you are not the first person to ask me what a gizzard is also I didn't know about the adderal, had Ben Franklin wrong as the "discoverer of electricity, and didn't know that you were in the UK and therefore don't have klondike bars (at least by that name), now who is the idiot in this situation? Sorry i'm confused.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:20 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

You people are drug addicts and have no idea what adderall is?