Notices

Synthetic THC/Spice withdrawals

Old 06-04-2013, 07:40 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hey Layne. Sorry to hear you are struggling. I don't have any experience with spice, but I wanted to at least welcome you and let you know you are not alone.

Sorry to hear you did not have much luck with the doctor. It sounds like you might want to try another one because your symptoms are so serious and taking meds that are not prescribed to you is never a good idea.

I know with opiate withdrawals I literally would not eat for a week. Nothing sounded good and nothing stayed down. Eventually I was able to eat some soup and some yogurt. Ginger Ale or 7-up also helped my stomach. It is important to at least stay hydrated and get some electrolytes in your system. Gatorade or even Pedialyte and just plain old water.

Hang in there! Take care and Good Luck!!!
Old 06-04-2013, 08:26 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Thanks I'm trying its just so hard. Nothing is wrong with weed why the **** don't they just make it legal!!!
Old 06-04-2013, 01:47 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Layne24 View Post
Thanks I'm trying its just so hard. Nothing is wrong with weed why the **** don't they just make it legal!!!
You might want to check out some of the marijuana threads on this forum before jumping to that conclusion. There are plenty of people whose lives had become similarly unmanageable because of weed.

Make sure you do not give into the temptation to smoke any more blends. If you do, you will end up back at square one. This will get better with time - persistence is key.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:21 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thanks guys starting to feel a little better but I don't want to speak too soon. I still can't eat it's like I forgot how to swallow my food or something.

And I'm just saying, weed is prescribed to people with cancer. It's grown. Anything man made is not good!
Old 06-08-2013, 11:23 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

This is my 8th day without and I feel human again. I just wanted to say thank you all for the support, god is good
Old 06-09-2013, 02:25 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Layne24- hey girl u sound identical to my past experience! Im over a month clean now & feel amazing. Go back and read my comments from the begining..I think I mentioned some things that could be very usefull to you!! If I can get through this anyone can))

Last edited by Dee74; 06-15-2013 at 09:05 PM. Reason: removed email address
Old 06-15-2013, 08:37 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Withdrawing down under

This community is fantastic. Availability of K2 and Spice (locally branded as Camp Fire, Zero Gravity, Northern Lights, Lava and too many others) in Australia hasn't been around as long so it's difficult to get advice locally and IRL. I almost in disbelief as to how similar so many of your experiences have been to mine. My history with real marijuana never prepared me for this, though I'm not naive enough to think there is any similarity between them beyond how they described and marketed to people. The "Legal Weed". One of histories biggest lies.

I think any drug that has such a long list of effects that you can expect to tick off about 90% of them in your first week with this $#!T, is like sprinkling rat-poison on your morning cereal.

We've been lucky here in Australia, in NSW anyway, that they're just put out a state-wide ban on the substance, or similar. Retailers and tobacconists now refuse to sell it because of the heft $1million plus fine they'll receive if caught.

A blessing in disguise. It was the only way I'd ever walk away from it. The most I lasted was a week and the withdrawals were terrifying. Shakes, heavy anxiety and twitchiness. And the sweats! It felt as though I could smell it my sweat and could never escape it.

I've been off it now for 2 days, and faced with the reality that I cannot buy it anymore, now I just need figure out how to not go insane while my body tries to forget about it. Trying to get some balance in my brain chemistry seems to be the answer, but I don't know where to start.

brit05 suggested vitamin b12, which makes sense. I suppose most vitamins tend to have positive effect in most situations. I've also heard that EPA/DHA fish oil can help, often considered a "brain food". So far, apart from upping my vitamins and such, eating a little better as well, I don't know how to move forward.

I was thinking of maybe trying to substitute that smoke time with a quick sprint on a treadmill or exercise bike, but I'm sadly too realistic to believe I'll actually do it. Seems like a good idea thought right? When the asks for the chemical we're all addicted to because of this crap, flood it with endorphins instead.

I have no real plan. I have hopes. But we'll see how they go. All I know for sure is that I can't go back. None of us can. Good luck everyone!

Last edited by UsernameRequird; 06-15-2013 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 06-15-2013, 09:04 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome UsernameRequird

all the 'legal high' stuff is after my time, but I'll be very glad to see it off Aussie shelves too.

D
Old 06-15-2013, 10:33 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

The guy from Australia- I think something that was a huge help was a support system..u dont need a group just 1 person that cares enough about u that isnt going to let u get sucked in even further. Throw away anything that reminds u of spice..pipes, containers etc. Im not sure if ur able to eat but I was not so for the first few days I lived off ensures (put them in the freezer so they get a slushy delish) then take ur v12 help give u some energy! Mornings were the toughest for me something that would help ease the nausea was sitting in the shower and just letting the water run over me..also I was prescribed a nausea pill. One that desolves under ur tounge so it works right away. Going to work was the best part of my day believe it or not because my mind was constantly busy..so if u can find something to do during the day it WILL help and get away from anyone smoking it at least for a few weeks then maybe ull be able to help them quit in the end*Rooting for you guys!!!
Old 06-15-2013, 11:27 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

It's not fair

It's not fair, they bring it in, let people get the mind set that its legal weed, they treat it like weed with no intention of what it really I'd, the ******* devil.its not going to be easy but you need to do something get out of the house go get a gym membership for this month.it will make you feel better i know u feel like if you move you will die but I wish I wouldn't of just laid here with nothing to do theq whole week you feel so much better if you get out, while I was withdrawling I knew something wasn't right it hurt too much maybe it not the spice well come to find out I had gallstones and a cyst on my left ovary I feel as if it was caused by the spice..didn't want to ask doctors because I didn't want spice to be the cause and they judge (just how it is around here) but I've been clean since the first and feel great, my boyfriend still smokes spice, actually ex we broke bc he won't quit and we have a baby and I said the only thing that will save our relationship is if you attend church with me an the child on Sunday we can see eachother, he said no....spice really is the devil it changes you! But I'm so stressed I haven't had sleep in 6 days and I can't sleep I tried to kill myself even and he didn't care I literally tried and I've never done that I was just tired and god is trying to talk to me, I don't need to be surrounded by people who do drugs . I start school Monday and have dr appts the first two days he is saying if I don't listen and I give in he will make things harder. I'm at Home now so we can cook and I can try and smoke to fall asleep btw I can smoke a bowl of spice now and get high as **** ! Witch makes me happy, woukd smoke weeed but im on probation and it gives me an appetite i havent eaten anything but noodles all week .Anyways going to bed now lol after I eat
Originally Posted by UsernameRequird View Post
This community is fantastic. Availability of K2 and Spice (locally branded as Camp Fire, Zero Gravity, Northern Lights, Lava and too many others) in Australia hasn't been around as long so it's difficult to get advice locally and IRL. I almost in disbelief as to how similar so many of your experiences have been to mine. My history with real marijuana never prepared me for this, though I'm not naive enough to think there is any similarity between them beyond how they described and marketed to people. The "Legal Weed". One of histories biggest lies.

I think any drug that has such a long list of effects that you can expect to tick off about 90% of them in your first week with this $#!T, is like sprinkling rat-poison on your morning cereal.

We've been lucky here in Australia, in NSW anyway, that they're just put out a state-wide ban on the substance, or similar. Retailers and tobacconists now refuse to sell it because of the heft $1million plus fine they'll receive if caught.

A blessing in disguise. It was the only way I'd ever walk away from it. The most I lasted was a week and the withdrawals were terrifying. Shakes, heavy anxiety and twitchiness. And the sweats! It felt as though I could smell it my sweat and could never escape it.

I've been off it now for 2 days, and faced with the reality that I cannot buy it anymore, now I just need figure out how to not go insane while my body tries to forget about it. Trying to get some balance in my brain chemistry seems to be the answer, but I don't know where to start.

brit05 suggested vitamin b12, which makes sense. I suppose most vitamins tend to have positive effect in most situations. I've also heard that EPA/DHA fish oil can help, often considered a "brain food". So far, apart from upping my vitamins and such, eating a little better as well, I don't know how to move forward.

I was thinking of maybe trying to substitute that smoke time with a quick sprint on a treadmill or exercise bike, but I'm sadly too realistic to believe I'll actually do it. Seems like a good idea thought right? When the asks for the chemical we're all addicted to because of this crap, flood it with endorphins instead.

I have no real plan. I have hopes. But we'll see how they go. All I know for sure is that I can't go back. None of us can. Good luck everyone!
Old 06-15-2013, 11:45 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Layne24 im confused u said ur over the withdraws and u haven't smoked since the 1st but then u said ur going to smoke to help u fall asleep & 1 bowl gets u fd up? So not trying to be rude but I dont think you have fully quit:/ I know you can do it though ur so close! I know how it is to want to smoke to fall asleep I was at the point where I couldnt sleep more than 2 hrs with out having to wake up & smoke a bowl but u can do it girl by the 3rd night of not smoking before bed ull already see a difference & ull be waking up well rested!! 1 1/2 months completely clean, sleeping wonderful & couldnt be happier with life right now
Old 07-03-2013, 12:48 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Unhappy i need to stopp,

basically, i have been addicted to spice for a good year and half now maybe, probs longer. i have tried plenty of times to quit this stuff, all my other friends have but i feel like im the weakest one. my friend smoked spice for more than 2 years and hes been spice free for almost 6 months now. ive tried, but always lost because of the physical and mental withdrawals. i wanna stop badly, cause all i do nowadays is sleep sleep sleep, its taking over everything!! thats why i look upon this website for some support, ive done research and most ex spice smokers say they couldnt do it by themselves, so here i am. today i am giving myself another try on being spice free and i hope to never look back.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:59 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for everything people have said on this website. Everything that has been listed here has helped me prepare for what I now know I was going through the first time I tried to stave it all off. I'm glad to know that others can make that push too. Your stories give me hope from me having been an avid spice smoker everyday for almost 3 years. After the adverse effects its had on me, and my life I searched, and came to here. The support you guys show and what you talk about its truly helpful and inspiring.

Sorry for a resurrected thread, but Google brought me here and I learned so much already.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:23 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hey guys. I've been 4 days strong now on not smoking any spice. But I have a quick question for anyone who has done this as well.. Are hallucination normal? I keep seeing like.. flashes of black shapes out of the corner of my eyes. I was told that it might be normal but it was from someone who never tried the stuff; and was basing it off other knowledge. I've lost a lot of weight as well from the lack of eating.. No one should ever have to go through this..
Old 07-13-2013, 10:32 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
DRUG FREE!

I am finishing up my second full day and night of not smoking and it is so hard. I started smoking spice a couple months ago and got to the point where i was smoking once every 30 minutes, the high would just fade so quick.

I have smoked weed before for years and quit with just very minor withdrawals. Thats why quitting spice has been so hard. I didn't sleep at all last night....its about 1:30 AM here and I haven't slept yet tonight either....haven't eaten anything in the last 2 days. I can deal with that though, it'll only last a few days. I think the hardest part is the mental withdrawal that comes with this drug. Its so easy to get and there's so much of it and its legal! I truly wish I had never even touched this stuff, it has caused my life to be hell lately, its straining things with my girlfriend, I spent A LOT of money on the stuff, and not to mention quitting this has been a terrible experience.

These forums have been a huge help, I came across this thread yesterday when I decided I was going to quit this stuff. I know I can kick this addiction because there are people who support me and who have been through what I'm going through. Right now I'm having the usual cold sweats and nauseousness. I should be dead tired considering i havent slept in about 48 hours but every time I lay down it seems like my body starts alternating between hot and cold sweats. Hopefully within these next few days these withdrawals will start getting better, right now this is really hard for me....thank God for my girlfriend because without her I'm sure I would have never made the decision to quit. Thank you for your support guys, just by telling your story you helped me out and gave me some hope, and I know that you have all done that for others as well
Old 07-14-2013, 07:53 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I've been experiencing nearly the same withdrawal symptoms from regular high grade marijuana. I'm 10 days sober and just now starting to feel a little better. The anxiousness has been the worst, and amplified by being hungry but having no appetite, like you said, food just seemed to dry up in my mouth and made me gag, a couple times even get sick. I actually ate a piece of chicken yesterday which still was not enjoyable but it felt good to eat, chew, and swallow food without feeling sick. Trying to focus on the ways life is improving instead of letting the anxiety get the best of me while I sober up. Thanks for your post!
Old 07-14-2013, 01:39 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
DRUG FREE!

I suffer from withdrawal symptoms from marijuana too livon, but usually MJ for me just gives me headache and maybe the first day its tough to sleep. Congratulations on 10 days! I'm on my 3rd full day now, still haven't slept or ate too much though. I am making it, these forums help a lot seeing other people's success stories after they came through the same struggle as me, this isn't my first struggle with drugs but i am damn sure determined to make it my last! Hope everyone is having a wonderful, CLEAN day!
Old 07-14-2013, 09:17 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

First post... in need of support

Hi everybody I'm new. And I don't have much support, so I thought that I would reach out here. I've been through a lot, and I admit that I leaned on spice to help me through it for the past year. But I've become addicted to it and now I'm ready to quit. Two weeks ago I did quit, for five days. Had the sweats and threw up a few times. I hated it so much that I went back to spice just for relief. But I want to quit. I just don't know if I have the willpower. This is day one... again. And I've gotten through it ok. But I don't want to fail at this, I want to overcome this addiction. I need this forum for support. I'm too ashamed to tell my friends and family so I feel like I'm on this journey all alone. What are some positive things you tell yourself when you get a craving? What keeps you going? I had a seizure too and that didn't even stop me. Please help. I'm willing to do whatever it takes.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:22 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Epiphany

spice was after my time but as you will have read here you're not the only one with the problem.

If you'd had seizures before I'd think very carefully about getting a Dr involved...I appreciate you're trying to keep it on the downlow but the risk of another seizure isn't something we can deal with ourselves.

Supports important too - I'm glad you've joined us

this technique was useful for me with cravings - it might be useful for you too?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html

D
Old 07-14-2013, 10:58 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I just want to say thank you for the quick reply. I read the articles, and that in itself has helped a lot. I see now that it's all about the way I think about recovery. I cried many tears today. Screamed at God why did I put myself in this predicament? I placed lot of blame on myself. It didn't make me feel better until the tears stopped and I realized that maybe just maybe I can do it after all. When the cravings come I have to remind myself why I'm quitting in the first place. Lord knows I don't want another seizure, I scared a lot of people. And I have two children that need me in their life. I'm in tears just thinking about it. But I've never wanted change more than I do right now. I'm ready for day 2. Going to bed, I'll check in tomorrow.