Notices

oxycodone withdrawal help Part 2

Old 11-23-2012, 09:40 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

I felt like the best sleep came when I could begin to eat again. I didn't eat much of anything for a solid two weeks. A good sober nights sleep is soo nice. It makes you realize how your body is supposto work. Now, if I have more than a drink or two, it really effects the quality of my sleep. Bad dreams, toss and turn, up at 4 feeling crappy. You cannot make yourself sleep, not even if you are a ******* monk! The longer you wait for it, the more rewarding it becomes...peace and sleep
Old 11-23-2012, 11:41 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

So I'm 6 and a half days into w/d and overall not doing too bad, but feeling run down and restless and tired today. The sweats came back but only a little bit. Enough to be annoying tho. Still having probs regulating my temp. Still hot and cold. Blah!! Can't wait to feel physically normal again. It definitely helps to moan and complain about it tho. At least to those that understand what you're going through.

Oh, one of the weirdest things I hate about w/d are the internal vibrations/shakes I get when I wake up from a short nap. They usually last the first 5 days or so and slowly stop. So hopefully I'll be able to take a nap without that happening.

Anybody else get any weird symptoms during w/d that they absolutely hate? Besides the usual symptoms that is?
Old 11-24-2012, 12:00 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Wanabfree, it sounds like youre doing good, yes this thread helped me allot to! thanks for that!!! what youre going threw, we all have been there. mine was hell. day 6 is awesome! from here on out youre symptoms will get less n less. dont give up now!
the thing i hated most was the RLS restless leg syndrome... its so bad!!!! nothing can fix either lol! it lasted for about 3 days every night all night!

well i hope you stay on the right path! tay posting here and stay positive. AWESOME!!!!
Old 11-24-2012, 01:41 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

I'm still hanging in there. Tonight @ 9:00 will be a full week!! Doing alright except I think these damn sweats will never end!! They keep coming and going. I haven't had an RLS nor really any problems sleeping so I know I'm lucky in that respect, but... Someone please tell me this sweating will eventually stop for good!! So annoying.
Old 11-24-2012, 03:31 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  

It will. Your natural temp will get better than ever before. I used to get hot at night, during pill times and wds. About 2-3 weeks and I was cool and cozy all night
Old 11-24-2012, 03:55 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Ugh, only been about 1 week. I don't know if I can take this sweating and not being able to regulate my body temp for another week or two. I mean I can because I'm going too.. lol just don't wanna have to. Ugh!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:32 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  

hey yall!!......lost track of what day im at now...i think its 32 or so/.....been one helluva rough ride...the anxiety keeps creepin back in....friggin HELL!!!..This has been a really tough go i got hit with a real doozy of a cold/flu which messed me up bigtime....and one nite took a 4mg dilly by mistake trying to take a heartburn med lol...doh!!!...so if u count that i guess im around day 14....whatever things are getting better for sure!....halliegirl and i have become really good friends,she is approaching day 60 soon....happy to report she is doing AWESOME!!!!...who woulda thought this site would bring us together lol!!pretty damn cool!...well hope u guys are hangin in there...thought id check in and say hi....stay strong and NO RELAPSING!!!!!....trust me i know it sucks so bad goin bak to day 1....
Old 11-27-2012, 06:41 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wanabfree View Post
I'm still hanging in there. Tonight @ 9:00 will be a full week!! Doing alright except I think these damn sweats will never end!! They keep coming and going. I haven't had an RLS nor really any problems sleeping so I know I'm lucky in that respect, but... Someone please tell me this sweating will eventually stop for good!! So annoying.
Congrats to you for making the choice to get off these terrible drugs. It's not easy, and definitely takes the commitment that it sure sounds like you have! Good for you.
The night sweats take time. It actually took me a few weeks to get rid off the night time sweats, and I still get a bit of hot cold chills in the day. I think it depends on everyone's own situation and for how much and how long u used the drugs , so it's very individual. I will tell you though it gets easier. Sometimes it feels like you go back a step in this process and feel like crap, but it does pass and you can see he future that is free of drugs.
Well I'm rambling, but so happy for you that you are doing this. The forum is great for support, and you may even make a friend or two who are just as committed as you are. Stay strong.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:50 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hunter19877 View Post
08FLHTP

for some reason my latest comment was deleted, i have no idea why but i just wanted to say keep it up! youre doing great and you dont need those things! i took allot of other drugs to help me kick but i stopped when i was kicked. just stay focused and strong. get rid of those oxys too! temptation will hit you hard!!!! keep posting and thank you! i am also doing good still! i had a very nice thanksgiving.
I am glad you are still here. Thank you for all the support. I have been doing a lot better lately, and even started working out again. I was losing muscle while on the oxys, since I was barely eating and my body was cannibalising itself. Even though I have been off the oxys, I still feel weak. The problem with exercise is finding the balance between doing enough to make a difference, but not so much as to cause a flare up in pain. It's a fine line.

I think my withdrawals are completely over now, as I am no longer getting that mid back pain. That only shows up when I am due for my next dose of oxy. My fibromyalgia is better now that I am eating better and getting exercise but it can still flare up when the weather changes or when other people throw a fit around me...it seems I get really stressed out when I am around people who are ranting and raving, even if I am not the one that caused their temper tantrum. So, I am doing my best to avoid the people and situations which stress me the most.

My best friend started freaking out about his computer on Saturday. My body went into instant lockdown. It's like every muscle contracts and won't relax. I can literally feel where the muscles attach to my bones, and it feels tight. I went home and tried to relax using a muscle stimulator and a lot of stretching and yoga. But the nerve in my neck was still pinched. After 3 days I gave in and took a flexeril. It was 3:00 am and I had been trying to sleep for over 5 hours but the pain was keeping me up. Even my pajama pants hurt. It did knock me out so I am feeling much better now, although I am still groggy and haven't actually gotten up yet. But that's the affect flexeril has on me. I am down for a solid 8 hours after taking one.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:46 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hallegirl View Post
Congrats to you for making the choice to get off these terrible drugs. It's not easy, and definitely takes the commitment that it sure sounds like you have! Good for you.
The night sweats take time. It actually took me a few weeks to get rid off the night time sweats, and I still get a bit of hot cold chills in the day. I think it depends on everyone's own situation and for how much and how long u used the drugs , so it's very individual. I will tell you though it gets easier. Sometimes it feels like you go back a step in this process and feel like crap, but it does pass and you can see he future that is free of drugs.
Well I'm rambling, but so happy for you that you are doing this. The forum is great for support, and you may even make a friend or two who are just as committed as you are. Stay strong.
Thanks Hallegirl, I'm at day 11 and doing great! The sweats were the worst for me because it was all day and all night long. I thought they'd never go away and I'd be a sweaty mess forever. But thank goodness it stopped yesterday!!! I'm pretty much over all my symptoms now but still fighting the lack of energy and motivation. I know that, too, will get better with time.

The pain that I was prescribed my meds for is still there. I just hope I can find a natural way to deal with it. Feeling like I have no quality of life and not wanting to do anything is no way to live and I want to be an active mommy for my 20 month old daughter and I also never want to have to rely on pain meds again, either. But for now, I am so HAPPY to be free of the meds and the sickness!! I am so thankful for that!!!!!
Old 11-28-2012, 01:41 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wanabfree View Post
Thanks Hallegirl, I'm at day 11 and doing great! The sweats were the worst for me because it was all day and all night long. I thought they'd never go away and I'd be a sweaty mess forever. But thank goodness it stopped yesterday!!! I'm pretty much over all my symptoms now but still fighting the lack of energy and motivation. I know that, too, will get better with time.

The pain that I was prescribed my meds for is still there. I just hope I can find a natural way to deal with it. Feeling like I have no quality of life and not wanting to do anything is no way to live and I want to be an active mommy for my 20 month old daughter and I also never want to have to rely on pain meds again, either. But for now, I am so HAPPY to be free of the meds and the sickness!! I am so thankful for that!!!!!
Keep it up!!! It's a struggle for sure but being on pills are no way of life. I was on them for years for chronic pain too, and although the pain hasn't gone away, the power in being free from Oxys does help. Im doing some natural meds too, but I can't give advise on that or they will ban my posts.
Stay strong for your little girl and for yourself. The best support in this battle I received here. I need support to keep this going and I think we all do. Stay strong and congrats again.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:11 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

thanks!!!! yea im still here doing it!!! a little over 4 months now. i feel no pain, im normal again. christmas is comming and ive been doing alot of family stuff. i havent even drankj in months!!!!! thanks for responing keep it up!!!! keep the possitivity ans strenght and you will be fine!!!!! MUCH LOVE!!!!!!
Originally Posted by 08FLHTP View Post
I am glad you are still here. Thank you for all the support. I have been doing a lot better lately, and even started working out again. I was losing muscle while on the oxys, since I was barely eating and my body was cannibalising itself. Even though I have been off the oxys, I still feel weak. The problem with exercise is finding the balance between doing enough to make a difference, but not so much as to cause a flare up in pain. It's a fine line.

I think my withdrawals are completely over now, as I am no longer getting that mid back pain. That only shows up when I am due for my next dose of oxy. My fibromyalgia is better now that I am eating better and getting exercise but it can still flare up when the weather changes or when other people throw a fit around me...it seems I get really stressed out when I am around people who are ranting and raving, even if I am not the one that caused their temper tantrum. So, I am doing my best to avoid the people and situations which stress me the most.

My best friend started freaking out about his computer on Saturday. My body went into instant lockdown. It's like every muscle contracts and won't relax. I can literally feel where the muscles attach to my bones, and it feels tight. I went home and tried to relax using a muscle stimulator and a lot of stretching and yoga. But the nerve in my neck was still pinched. After 3 days I gave in and took a flexeril. It was 3:00 am and I had been trying to sleep for over 5 hours but the pain was keeping me up. Even my pajama pants hurt. It did knock me out so I am feeling much better now, although I am still groggy and haven't actually gotten up yet. But that's the affect flexeril has on me. I am down for a solid 8 hours after taking one.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:11 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  

It's nice to see everyone still posting from time to time. Life gets busy but its great to see everyone still supporting each other. Hunter making it to four months is incredible! Your posts are encouraging , especially to newcomers. This forum has been my greatest source of support during my withdrawall program, and I encourage anyone thinking of getting clean and off these drugs to just do it. There will always be an excuse to not do it. Find a support buddy if you can that is as committed as you are, or just keep signing in for support.
I was fortunate to connect with a fellow forum member because we live close to each other and I have to tell you when you get the support from someone committed it really does help.
So everyone, keep up the hard work It's even tougher around the holidays but we can all do this
Hallegirl
Old 12-06-2012, 01:10 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

This has been a rough week. Lots of stress! More than one day when all those little things which are beyond my control just don't go as planned. Grrrr!

Well, stress leads to pain! This week I had headaches in addition to the usual pain. Tuesday night the pain and headache kept me up until 2:00 am, and at that point I gave in. I took ONE Excedrin PM! I crack myself up thinking about how just taking a OTC headache med bothered me so much that I couldn't even take a full dose.

It did help me sleep, though.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:48 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

whatever hapenned to SOONERS,the OP!!!!!???....man that was some good material...wonder if reading breaks over lol!?
Old 12-18-2012, 12:30 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hunter19877 View Post
thanks!!!! yea im still here doing it!!! a little over 4 months now. i feel no pain, im normal again. christmas is comming and ive been doing alot of family stuff. i havent even drankj in months!!!!! thanks for responing keep it up!!!! keep the possitivity ans strenght and you will be fine!!!!! MUCH LOVE!!!!!!
hunter!!!!....if u get banned halliegirl and i are outta here too...thats complete BS...you are the reason we joined in the first place!!!!....she is PISSED about it as well....hope ur still here brother...pm me if ya wanna add me on facebook or youtube....cheers bro and stay strong my friend!!...ur posts really did help me get thru this hell on earth man!!!
Old 12-18-2012, 06:18 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Hi All,
I'm jumping in - same story as all of you. I have been taking opiates for five years, my habit was pretty mild for the first 4, then I had some personal tragedies and in the last year it doubled, tripled, up to about 150mgs of oxy a few days, most more like 100-120. I had tried to taper a few times while also drinking excessively - then this amazing blessing happened - I got CRAZY sick. I think it was food poisoning? I could not keep down ANYTHING (I swallowed a few pills) but all of a sudden, I am 4 days off of alcohol (feels great!) and down to 70-80mgs of oxy. I am no longer getting high, I am waiting until I get wd's (or wake up with crazy anxiety) and take a low dose to get back to life. I know most people cannot taper, but I have this strange resolve. I have plenty of pills in my possession and I have been sticking to as little as I can bear. I think the alcohol has A LOT to do with my will power - I remember often thinking "Whatever, what's a few more pills?" I know cutting down like 40% is sudden and severe, I feel remotely sick all day, but the sick feeling is what's motivating me sort of (sounds strange, let me try to explain Its like a constant low grade reminder "Take this low grade, constant feeling, or get ready for a few weeks of hell." I am resolved to taper and I no longer WANT to take them or get high (I have had a few minutes, but I go to meetings, call people, and make myself wait - success so far.)

My question for you guys is - I cannot AFFORD to do this anymore - I started out with prescriptions a long time ago but moved past those. So with my resolve to taper, I am thinking of telling my doctor and asking him to prescribe (and regulate/help) me taper. (SOONERS - how did you do it!?) I am prescribed xanax and fioricet for actual problems I have, and I am concerned my doc will take those away from me if I fess up to the oxy. I need them both and I do not abuse either one -(I don't understand HOW people "like" xanax - one pill and I'm passed out in my airplane seat - not really my idea of "fun.") I was going to jump CT but I know if I CAN taper, it will be much easier at the end - I don't see my doc very often, I have had him for a few years, the occasional physical, all is normal, and he refills my 2x scrips as needed but not often... Thoughts?
(*Side note: I have been sitting on my hands at meetings because I am so EXCITED and INSPIRED by being off the alcohol - I want to say "4 DAYS!" but I"m not truly "clean," and being in this weird half-way limbo makes me want it that much more, I can see the light and the relief.)
Old 12-19-2012, 07:54 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Hey Cali224

If you want to taper i Suggest keep doing what youre doing, but get your doc to give you SUBOXEONE. or try to anyway. and taper with that. I tried tapering with oxy 30s and i was down to 1 a day and my wds were still HELLLLLL! tapering will curve the wds a little but not much. no matter what, you ARE going to feel like hell for a week. day 5 or 6 you will start feeling better. you wont sleep much, not for a month, i never had a problem wiht anxiety. hot showers and all the time and lots of water will WILL HELP!!!!! ALOT!!! The sooners arent here anymore i think. But try these things and you willl be ok, its all about will power. just get threw that 1st week and you will be over the worst. anything you need to know, ask me or anyone here, im sure we can help
Originally Posted by cali224 View Post
Hi All,
I'm jumping in - same story as all of you. I have been taking opiates for five years, my habit was pretty mild for the first 4, then I had some personal tragedies and in the last year it doubled, tripled, up to about 150mgs of oxy a few days, most more like 100-120. I had tried to taper a few times while also drinking excessively - then this amazing blessing happened - I got CRAZY sick. I think it was food poisoning? I could not keep down ANYTHING (I swallowed a few pills) but all of a sudden, I am 4 days off of alcohol (feels great!) and down to 70-80mgs of oxy. I am no longer getting high, I am waiting until I get wd's (or wake up with crazy anxiety) and take a low dose to get back to life. I know most people cannot taper, but I have this strange resolve. I have plenty of pills in my possession and I have been sticking to as little as I can bear. I think the alcohol has A LOT to do with my will power - I remember often thinking "Whatever, what's a few more pills?" I know cutting down like 40% is sudden and severe, I feel remotely sick all day, but the sick feeling is what's motivating me sort of (sounds strange, let me try to explain Its like a constant low grade reminder "Take this low grade, constant feeling, or get ready for a few weeks of hell." I am resolved to taper and I no longer WANT to take them or get high (I have had a few minutes, but I go to meetings, call people, and make myself wait - success so far.)

My question for you guys is - I cannot AFFORD to do this anymore - I started out with prescriptions a long time ago but moved past those. So with my resolve to taper, I am thinking of telling my doctor and asking him to prescribe (and regulate/help) me taper. (SOONERS - how did you do it!?) I am prescribed xanax and fioricet for actual problems I have, and I am concerned my doc will take those away from me if I fess up to the oxy. I need them both and I do not abuse either one -(I don't understand HOW people "like" xanax - one pill and I'm passed out in my airplane seat - not really my idea of "fun.") I was going to jump CT but I know if I CAN taper, it will be much easier at the end - I don't see my doc very often, I have had him for a few years, the occasional physical, all is normal, and he refills my 2x scrips as needed but not often... Thoughts?
(*Side note: I have been sitting on my hands at meetings because I am so EXCITED and INSPIRED by being off the alcohol - I want to say "4 DAYS!" but I"m not truly "clean," and being in this weird half-way limbo makes me want it that much more, I can see the light and the relief.)
Old 12-19-2012, 08:31 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  
Administrator

we're a moderated site guys.
Our rules are for the benefit of everyone and they help keep this place safe.

I make no apologies for pulling posts that break the rules, but we're not ogres....we know people are here for important reasons and it's often life and death.

Banning is never something we normally think about - unless people refuse to work with us and then only as a last resort....

time for a fresh start here I think.

join us here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-3-a.html

D