Arrghhhh!!!!!

Old 02-19-2017, 03:04 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Sorry.. this is simply a self indulgent reminder to myself that I'm an idiot to ever believe this madness could end well.

I read back at my first few posts on here and wonder when/if I will ever accept reality.

Had a shocking couple of days.. My AW took an extremely large opiate based overdose whilst drunk friday evening, This culminating in her having multiple seizures and slipping into a coma. Two days of absolute hell followed where the hospital fought to save not only her life but her mind from brain damage. Things are now looking good for her health wise. She is communicating and responding, yet lucky for her, has no recollection of the event nore why she did it. Shame the rest of us cant forget seeing our wife/mother being resuscitated multiple times so easy.
Old 02-19-2017, 03:22 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry you're going through this. Is she living with you again?

She's essentially committing suicide. One of these days she might succeed. Do you want to spend more of your precious years watching her do that? Because as you've learned, there's not a thing you can do to stop it.

At this point, no one can ever say you took the easy way out, that's for sure. Time to get your life back, yes?
Old 02-20-2017, 09:11 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear that VV. How terrifying.

Shame the rest of us cant forget seeing our wife/mother being resuscitated multiple times so easy.
Yes, this is something they cannot understand - We have to remember it all, while they drink it all away the next day.

Peace and strength to you and and your family.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:21 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Time to go, my friend. Think of your kids. They don't need this craziness in their lives. By staying with a person who clearly doesn't value you or her children, you are demonstrating that dysfunctional behavior is okay. Based on this, what kind ofchoices will they bemaking in partners when the time comes.
The damage done from alcohol affects every one in the family, and plays out over generations. You have the power to stop it.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:21 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

VV-

I am so sorry for what you've gone through. I experienced the same thing with my XH. Although it's been 20 yrs ago, I'll never forget that night. The helpless feeling, the sounds of the machines, the charcoal tracked all over the entire ER while they were running in and out of his room. The only positive is that my son was young enough he doesn't remember,

Have you ever attended face to face meetings? It was a huge relief to me to just there and hear others stories. You are not alone! Please keep posting and reading.

Jaeger
Old 02-20-2017, 12:27 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

So last update she was at her parents. I guess she came back then.

Some addicts have no bottom. And because she does not remember will just make much easier for her than you to be honest.

So sorry. Take care.
Old 02-20-2017, 02:20 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
A work in progress

This IS reality. Your refusal to accept it doesn't change it. It only keeps you stuck in the same place.

You can do NOTHING to change your wife. Have you thought about how your kids probably worry about "how Dad's coping" with everything? They are probably, by now, accustomed to their mother's periodic meltdowns, suicide attempts, etc. My guess is that it would give them great joy to see at least ONE parent living a sane, peaceful life.

Haven't you done everything possible to help her? Has any of it ACTUALLY helped her?
Old 02-20-2017, 07:15 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Sorry for what you are going through. Only you can decide whether it is your bottom....
Those poor children of yours don't have a choice though. Where do you want to be in five years? (I hate this interview question but it popped into my head in a right moment and saved my life)

I hit my bottom when I had to take incoherent XAH to rehab where he escaped from eventually.

There is much better life out there for you and your kids.