Notices

Cognitive improvements after quitting????

Old 09-25-2016, 02:09 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

To me the main issue has been finding words like soberpotamus described it very well, but also short term memory, for instance, "what did i eat yesterday for lunch?" That is why the calenderjournal tool might be helpful.

It would be interesting to know, when,in which phase of sobriety new neurological pathways would be formed or reactivated. But I could not find anything on that.

Thomas
Old 09-25-2016, 05:08 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is a great binaural beats site (you can use it freeware)
https://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/bi...eGenerator.php

D
Old 09-25-2016, 08:33 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

I thought about posting an update here as I am feeling a little sharper lately, but worried that I had been doing a few things and therefore didn't know one (s) are actually helping. But then I thought since this is a large group, that if enough people shared, maybe we start to find some commonalities. Or not... lol!

Obligatory disclaimer: not a dr, not recommending, just reporting, and so on.

So the biggest differences in the last few days is I started taking a pretty decent dose of the B vitamins. It's probably 100% of the RDA and the container says four times a day. Well, I've been taking 2. I do believe there is too much of a good thing, so I'm not doing 400% RDA without Dr's advice.

Next is, I've been doing renovations on my house (so heavy work) and this weekend involved removing fences and a tree, so a good bit of sun too. Of course with that comes flushing my body with water and electrolytes too.

I'm not sure what is working, but I'm losing fewer words anyway. I'm still pretty forgetful and definitely prone to anxiety and irritability. One interesting thing, though, is having found a couple of my words and not feeling in a fog, I feel better able to communicate even simple things much easier, and therefore I'm less anxious and irritable. Neat huh???

I also have SR and I don't feel alone in this any more!!

So, I don't know if it's time, the vitamins, the exercise, SR support, the sun, or just the current position our big rock had assumed in the universe. I also don't know how long it's going to last but I felt like the crazy may be easing up just a tad. It's a good reminder for me to stay vigilant!

Thank you all for your contribution to keeping me sober!

EH
Old 09-28-2016, 03:05 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

There have been quite a few studies published on how good exercise is for healing alcohol induced brain problems.

I tried to post a link to one of them but I don't have enough posts to post links.
Old 09-28-2016, 07:48 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hey randomalias, maybe you post some google search terms that makes them easy to find? Thanks, Thomas
Old 09-28-2016, 07:42 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

exercise reverse alcohol brain damage