Notices

bad dream reflects my mental state

Old 06-10-2018, 06:53 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Was with my mom in her attic. My kids were there too. Was trying to convince mom to have a handyman fix the eaves in her attic to make the room into a playroom for the kids.

Was trying to talk to the handyman on the phone but the kids were being noisy and I couldn't hear the man.

I remembered I had forgotten to go to work all week and was wondering if I still had a job.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:16 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Was with two of my girls, when they were young. We were in their elementary school. I was giving mk a shower and I dyed her hair red, while it was in a braid. She had really long hair. Her teacher was right next to the shower and told me it was time for class.

It was hard rinsing the dye out of her hair.
Old 06-20-2018, 07:02 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Was back at the factory. But they didn't have me doing assembly work, they wanted me to type a paper on their laptop. I was having trouble using it as I'm not familiar with laptops.

I asked if I could get a cup of coffee. But when I went to the cafeteria no one would make the coffee.

I went back down to the big room and tried to use the laptop but kept making mistakes.
Old 07-03-2018, 04:07 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Was at the facility where my mom lived. They were having a buffet. I was trying to help mom get a plate of food but they wouldn't serve me.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:06 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I was in a big bedroom with my youngest daughter. I was trying to organize the room. I had lots of blankets to fold and stack. There were even more baby blankets. I folded them all and stacked them neatly in the corner.
Old 07-19-2018, 03:52 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

I don't know whether bad dreams do, in fact, reflect my mental state.

I can have bad (usually, family of origin stuff) dreams even when i think I'm doing very well.

They seem to come out of nowhere - like relapse dreams.
Old 07-22-2018, 06:30 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My old factory job called me to ask if I could work for them. I went in, it was night shift, and this time I learned how to clock in and out so I'd get paid.

My daughter ck was in the dream, she was taking care of my dogs while I was working. She came home from school and let them out.

After working, I went to go home but had a hard time finding my car.

When I woke up I was disappointed cause I wouldn't get paid cause it was all a dream and I didn't really have a job.
Old 07-31-2018, 06:57 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Was back at the factory but was on break. I wanted coffee but only had a twenty dollar bill so was asking where the change machine was. I found it but it was open so I just took my change and left the bill.

I was looking for my computer (a laptop) but couldn't find it in my locker. Then I was asked about the broken change machine.

I found myself walking a road outside the factory. Then I woke up.
Old 08-02-2018, 07:43 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Was with two of my kids, ck and mk, at their school. Was talking to the teacher, then left. Halfway down the hall I realized I didn't have my bag so went back to get it.

Then we were in NYC, going to visit my sister. She told us to take a bus to her place. I told the bus driver where we wanted to go and he told me to get off at the 90's. I was trying to use my phone to call her. When we got off the bus we had to walk to her apt.

We got to her place and were talking. The kids were excited to be in the city.

Then I woke up.
Old 08-04-2018, 02:23 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I dreamt I was driving and hit something, scratching the side of my car. I flipped out cause I can't afford the deductible.

I notice I've been extra vigilant today when driving. I looked at my car this morning and was relieved the damage was just part of a dream and I didn't really hit something.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:09 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I was back at the factory. They were making it into an assisted living facility and were making windows. I had to get the windows to the place they were installing them. I had my car and was going to take the windows in my car but didn't know how to get to where they were supposed to go.

My car was not my car, it was an old VW bus.

I asked if I could come back to work there but they said I didn't show up last time they hired me. I was thinking of all the money I was making. I remember my arms hurt from holding the windows all night long.
Old 08-18-2018, 07:29 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I was taking my kids to their first day of school. We went into the school and I laid my bag down on the steps and went to take them to their classrooms. I came back to where we'd come in and found that someone had stolen my keys and wallet and cell phone.

I went to the principal's office to report it. I felt so stupid for having left my stuff unattended. I called the police to report it.

When I woke up I was so relieved that I still had my keys and cell phone and wallet.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:53 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Dreamt that Community Action had moved into my old house, the little quonset hut. They changed the downstairs around and made it into a factory for making cellulose. (???) I was helping by installing the doors on the factory. (???) My ex bil was there, and I asked him for a job.

Then the dream changed and they were having a dinner for the staff. I was still there, and had my youngest daughter there with me. They ran out of food before daughter could get any.

They were going to buy the house behind the quonset hut to make a driveway up to the factory's back door.

None of this makes sense but that's how the dream went.
Old 09-04-2018, 07:59 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

In my dream, my mother was a young girl. I was an adult and she was young and we encountered some of her other kids. She had kids we never knew about. They were nice people. Despite them being mom's other kids, they were adults and mom was a child. (???)

We were driving in the countryside. Ended up at a big party. All the people there were relatives of mom's kids.
Old 09-30-2018, 10:27 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Haven't been able to remember my dreams lately. I am hoping to dream about Jack, just so I could see him again.
Old 10-02-2018, 03:00 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
Was back at the factory but was on break. I wanted coffee but only had a twenty dollar bill so was asking where the change machine was. I found it but it was open so I just took my change and left the bill.

I was looking for my computer (a laptop) but couldn't find it in my locker. Then I was asked about the broken change machine.

I found myself walking a road outside the factory. Then I woke up.
I remember working the graveyard shift at a factory 40 years ago.

It wasn't as hot as the day or regular night shift, but I had a hard time getting to work sober at midnight and frequently got there somewhat drunk.

It was quite a challenge, since it was a fast-paced assembly line, frequently leading to back-up incidents like the time Lucy worked in the candy factory on the I Love Lucy Show.

Except that no one was laughing in my case.

I would sober up by daybreak, get a quart of beer for the ride home and then go to bed.

Occasionally, I would go to a 24 hour tavern and hang out for a while.

Can't say I miss any of it.
Old 10-09-2018, 08:49 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Was at a big house, with my kids. Someone was playing the piano.
Old 10-22-2018, 08:49 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Was at a house and was cleaning it. It was filthy so it was a big job. Then I got help cleaning. I cleaned one part and the other person cleaned something else.

I had to stop using my vacuum cleaner as the bag was full and I didn't have any more. I was using it to vacuum the dust off the walls.
Old 10-29-2018, 09:11 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I was in a stranger's house and was trying to wash my hair. But the various bottles of shampoo were all bottles of hair coloring. I was desperate to wash my hair but not color it.

There were other people in the shower and I tried to get their help but they didn't help me.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:40 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Was with my mom and my kids, at someone's house. I was trying to clean the house, which was filthy. I kept trying to clean and the kids would mess it up. I was trying to wash the walls. I remember thinking that I was expending so much energy cleaning someone else's house and wouldn't even clean my own house.