Notices

90 alcohol/drug free days

Old 08-14-2003, 02:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

90 alcohol/drug free days

I just reached 90 days today the 14th. As you know things are not always wonderful but, the ability
to not only deal with, but to want to deal with problems is the difference without alcohol. I want to thank everyone for the encouragement and support found on these boards. A day at a time we'll grow together in recovery. Don W
Old 08-14-2003, 03:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

You go boy!

Don W,

Congrats on 90 days!!! That is a big achievment. Coz' as you know, I just hit 97 days myself. So, I know how hard it is. Be proud of yourself though. When I hit 100, my family said they're going to take me out to dinner! (just no after dinner drinks though..ha ha). It's been a long road, and it's long road ahead of us - but now that we're sober at least we're not running off into the ditch anymore! Nothing compares to sober life, does it? Keep it up, and many best wishes to you. Treat yourself to a special treat this weekend and celebrate with your family. You deserve it.

Take care
PG
Old 08-14-2003, 03:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

********{DON}}}}}~~So proud of ya, congratulations on your 90 days..you are doing awesome!!!!!~

Old 08-14-2003, 03:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Simply Super Don!

:clap :clap :clap

The longer you go..the easier sobriety is.!!
Old 08-14-2003, 04:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your 90 days Don.
Old 08-14-2003, 05:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Misfit

Congrats on 90 days

My good wishes and congrats too.

Got my 3 month chip 2 days ago. It's still hard to believe I haven't had a drop of beer in that long - haven't had a cig in 5 days - smoking seems more difficult to stop - carvings are quite different. Don't really have a craving for alcohol, although I have caught myself thinking about grabbing a beer - just nip that thought really kick and think about something else, but I do have more of an itch for a smoke - just need to change my thought process kickly there too.

Keep up the good work.
Old 08-14-2003, 06:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

Congrats Don and Solo!! WTG both of you!

I get mine on the 18th
Old 08-14-2003, 07:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, Great PG and Solo. I am going to treat myself. I am going to get up early and go to a 7am meeting. It is one of my favorites. It is also in the church that 90 days ago on a Thursday night I started this new journey. Then I am going to spend some time in Boston with my wife and enjoy the sober time and of course all the extra money I seem to have lately. Your right it can be a struggle at times but, nowhere near the struggle
of trying to drink and lead a normal life. People speak of hitting bottom but, I now believe there is no bottom when it comes to alcohol/drugs. Eveytime I thought it couldn't get worse it did.
Even death I believe is not the bottom of my alcoholism. If I die from drinking I still leave behind people with the same broken hearts and guilt, as if I commited suicide. Someone told me at the VA that drinking for me is like suicde on an installment plan. It is just damn nice to be sober and I hope everyone that reads this gives themselves a chance at it, areal chance. If you don't like it you can very quickly get all your drinking/drug problems and more. I truly believe it is a chemical problem and they are finding proof everyday. We can't change chemical equations
and that is fact. Have a good night and I'll check in Friday. Keep walking in recovery and you won't walk alone. Don W
Old 08-14-2003, 08:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Chy

Way to go ! My 90 days was last week and can't wait to get my chip this Saturday!

SO PROUD OF US ALL!!!

Conrats Don and Solo....keep on keeping on!
Old 08-14-2003, 08:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Here is your chip Don. Congratulations!!!!!

Old 08-15-2003, 02:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Morning all,
Congratulations Don on your 90 days.
I remember getting my 90 day chip down in Virginia. It was a red poker chip, with a big AA in gold in the middle of one side. There was a worning that came with it though. 90 days or 3 months seems like such a long time when I couldn't go 3 minutes, 3 hours or 3 days without a drink. The folks down there called this chip the danger chip 'cause they said it was easy to get a case of the "big head" and to remember to keep my head firmly planted on the ground.
I remember it well and I took their suggestion.
Again, way to go Don and keep hangin' in there.
Old 08-15-2003, 05:44 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congrats on 90 days. I just hit 120 today. Doesn't it feel great?