What are Q-Tips for in drug use? Anything?

Old 10-03-2008, 10:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question What are Q-Tips for in drug use? Anything?

My husband (who I know does cocaine even though he tries to hide it and deny it) was just in the shower today about noon. (he usually locks the door). anyhow, all morning one of his friends that I have heard is a bad cokehead and someone else even told me that this friend of is also on crack (because they know who this friend even bought crack from) has been calling him all morning, text messaging him. My husband goes inthe other room cause he don't like to hear me talking to this friend of his or see the text messages. anyhow, I walked in the bathroom and my husband's cellphone was lying on the sink and I pressed the button to see if he got any text messages while he was in the shower and it said "Bring Q-Tips"...My husband left the house after this and my husband has a tendincy on Fridays to make up lies of places he goes and instead he parties and gets wasted.

Let me know if anyone knows about Q-tips. Thanks!
Old 10-03-2008, 10:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Retired Pro Drunk

Only drug related use of q-tips I know of is IV drug use, I.E., injections.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

mostly anything that someone is going to inject they use the cotton to filter out the bad stuff to just get the drugs, cocaine,speed,heroin,some pills you can break down to inject
Old 10-03-2008, 11:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

He is afraid of needles? At least for the past 17 years, he is deathly afraid of needles. is there anything else drug-related he could use this fore besides injecting?

anvilhead- I'm not at all ok with this behavior. I've been trying to "stash" $ away here and there to my sister because i'm waiting for my foreclosure notice at the house we are living in and my plan is once i have to leave, to get an apartment for my children and I. I am really struggling financially, but I work 1 full time job and do real estate on the side. (the real estate $ i stash, but as busy as i am, the economy is bad this year so my checks are scarce).

His family just don't realize how bad his problem is. His parents are completely oblivious
Old 10-03-2008, 01:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I don't know of anything else either other than pulling the cotton off to filter drugs for IV use.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

cottons for shooting up. don't know of anything else. course i was a needle junkie so i never paid much attention to other methods and paraphenalia. maybe his buddy is shooting and he's not? i hung with smokers who didn't shoot... dunno.... either way though it's not a healthy situation for you it sounds like. doesn't really matter how he's using; just that he is. be careful and good luck.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

if he was using needles, i really don't think he would go out of the way to bring q-tips. if a needle user doesn't have cotton near by they tend to use a cigarette filter... my thought is that when one does coke, it tends to dry up the nose, maybe its for that? I know it sounds so gross, but a tissue will not cut it, he might want to ug I can't believe I saying it, "get up there" to clean out his nose. I know if you keep your nose clean, it helps from getting clogged later.... this is just a far out thought.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Black and Yellow

I smoked meth and used q-tips to clean the pipe.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Slvr, why didn't you just use a pipe cleaner??
Old 10-03-2008, 04:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Black and Yellow

Originally Posted by TTOSBT View Post
Slvr, why didn't you just use a pipe cleaner??

LOL! I don't know! I guess a q-tip worked just fine, if a torch was not available!
Old 10-03-2008, 07:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Black and Yellow

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
yuck, smoking qtip fuzz.........BLECH. no worse i geuss than carpet lint and ramen noodles......

Who smokes ramen noodles? Is that a new thing?? LOL!
Old 10-04-2008, 06:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

nah...it's just when us crack addicts go on "carpet patrol", looking for that rock we're SURE we dropped, we end up smoking some strange stuff.

Glad I don't have to worry about THAT anymore!!!

(((Wife))) - I too, am glad that you are working on getting out of this situation. I agree with Anvil....very smart move of you to stash the money with your sister!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-05-2008, 05:42 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by littlebird77 View Post
my thought is that when one does coke, it tends to dry up the nose, maybe its for that? I know it sounds so gross, but a tissue will not cut it, he might want to ug I can't believe I saying it, "get up there" to clean out his nose. I know if you keep your nose clean, it helps from getting clogged later.... this is just a far out thought.
I agree with littlebird that this could be a possibility.
Does he always have sinus problems?

When I was using Meth my way of entry into my body was always snorting it.
Q-tips were very effective for clearing out the nose to get ready for the next "Burn Session".

Yes, sounds gross and it is gross but you do what you have to when you have an addiction.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:08 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Qtips

Qtips are often used to filter out heroin or meth of their impurities when shooting up. Another common use that most don't know of is using them to clean a bubble (meth pipe). If you supect meth use look in the garbages and you may find qtips that are tinted black.
Old 01-16-2019, 12:55 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Does he usually talk or text about drugs openly on his phone? If not, maybe 'Q-tips' is a private code word for something else....
Old 01-16-2019, 01:03 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

oh my God have not heard that term in 15 years. learned of it in Law Enforcement Down in Florida.. several times when we had to enter a home.. I thought why is there so many cotton balls all around.
Babe my heart goes out to you. prayers love and God Do Something for this DearHeart Please. yes GOD IAM SHOUTING>>>> ARDY
Old 02-13-2023, 09:59 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TsButterfly View Post
I agree with littlebird that this could be a possibility.
Does he always have sinus problems?

When I was using Meth my way of entry into my body was always snorting it.
Q-tips were very effective for clearing out the nose to get ready for the next "Burn Session".

Yes, sounds gross and it is gross but you do what you have to when you have an addiction.
I’m almost positive that’s what my husband uses them for. He only snorts meth and he will use so many q tips he of course tries to hide them but I know his cycle he only uses Thursday night-Friday so he’ll be clean if he has to take a drug test on Monday. I can never catch him but I can definitely tell when he’s on it. Do you remember what the q tips looked like after you used them?? My husbands are super dark colored. Do you think there’s a way to test the q-tips for the meth?