AVRT down and dirty short version- feedback please

Old 08-16-2017, 01:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yay! Tatsy's back!! Good to "see" you buddy.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Zen, thank you my friend! It's good to be back, I'd like to pass on what I learnt from the good folks of SR when I started my thread this time last year in SC. The main guidance was to believe in my power and to have faith that if I applied it, it would work. I took that leap of faith (literally LOL) and I'm almost a year abstinent now (not that I'm counting Algo!) but after more than twenty years daily drinking......this is one anniversary I shall celebrate!

I do hope that the OP, CLAS, returns soon, such a great username acronym!
Old 08-16-2017, 02:47 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Tatsy- Thanks and congrats on the year. I'm still learning about RR and although simple it seems like some study is in order. Your comments before are really appreciated.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:50 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

To everyone about the raw chicken comment/analogy. Yes Algo nailed it I was just trying to compare alcohol to poison. Thanks for everybody's feedback. I don't drink and I'm not changing my mind. Ever.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:55 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
quat

" I will never drink again , and I will never change my mind" that in itself is the learning curve, I think you got this CLAS
Old 08-16-2017, 03:47 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thank you CLAS, it's 8 September and I'm excited already. After then, I'll just cruise forwards as a non-drinker, with my wee Beastie in tow.

It's domesticated, but it sleeps with one eye open, waiting for an opportunity. Happy, sad, angry, stressed, lonely, tired, celebrating........it may still suggest a drink via ITs AV. It matters not, by recognising and dismissing the Beast's AV, it resumes its slumber. We have the power, control over our motor functions (hands, feet, mouth) whereas it has none. Hence the AV trying to force, cajole, reward, shame, entice, ridicule etc., us towards using our motor functions to imbibe a drink.

Key to me, after recognition of the Beast's AV, was to instantly dismiss it. Not to engage, argue, refute, negotiate, eg., 'Oh there you are Beast, I hear or feel you - I don't drink'. When I gave it attention, it persisted longer. When recognised and dismissed as ITs AV, it fades faster. Not that the object is to make it fade faster, if it barked ITs AV all day, I'm still in control and it cannot make me drink. I have to admit that when I first started practising AVRT I wasn't so politely dismissive, I'd tell IT were to sling ITs AV in no uncertain @@@@ terms. I guess I've mellowed with practise.

When I read your opening post, I realised your raw chicken reference was to a poison or toxin, your whole post was clear and concise.

As dwtbd said, I believe you've got this too CLAS!
Old 08-16-2017, 08:04 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tatsy View Post
Key to me, after recognition of the Beast's AV, was to instantly dismiss it. Not to engage, argue, refute, negotiate, eg., 'Oh there you are Beast, I hear or feel you - I don't drink'. When I gave it attention, it persisted longer. When recognised and dismissed as ITs AV, it fades faster.
If one simply considers the source of the Addictive Voice -- a tiny blob in the brain -- the futility of debating or arguing with it becomes readily apparent. It is akin to arguing or debating with your sex drive, in the hope of making it go away. Not very many professional therapists or counselors would ever recommend doing that, but yet, they often recommend doing it with the Addictive Voice.

One may as well debate with their stomach when hungry, while they're at it. Better to welcome the AV, as in, "I see you; thank you for arising. It means that all is well in the world, and that the Beast is still starving. Poor thing."
Old 08-16-2017, 08:16 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CLAS View Post
I'm still learning about RR and although simple it seems like some study is in order.
See: Part 1 of
Old 08-19-2017, 10:19 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Guessing your not a vegetarian Clas!
Well done on never drinking and never changing your mind.
The wealth of information here seems almost endless, a huge resource of practicing AVRTeers.
Welcome aboard & welcome back Tasty
Old 08-19-2017, 12:40 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thank you for the welcome back, CelticZebra. It's great to 'see' you too. When I was learning AVRT, I read many of your earlier posts in SC, which transmitted enthusiasm and belief in RR and they were a great source of encouragement and hope.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:18 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I learnt how to not drink anymore through AVRT
I still can't quite believe I wasn't ready for it when I first found out about RR about 10 years ago.
I somehow spent those 6 years not understanding how simple it was (and is!) while missing the most important bit: complete abstinence.

The hope comes from the A.C.E.
Old 08-20-2017, 03:47 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Thanks Celtic it's good to have your feedback too. This board is immensely helpful. Thanks to all. I was feeling my AV today barking a little here and there. I recognized it for what it is...and simply didn't drink- because I don't drink and I'll never change my mind.
Old 08-20-2017, 09:07 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Well done CLAS!