No Goodbye AVRT People

Old 04-30-2017, 03:47 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Thank you Alska girl, I have read all of your posts and smiled at the rate of knots you picked up the info posted here by those who knew and opened your wings and took off into life
MesaMan, what wholesome good sense you talk.
I for one am very glad you got off your "Retired Boo_tay," lol to post here to be such an inspiration to all the people still looking for a way out of addiction.
Old 04-30-2017, 03:50 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

PS MesaMan..your pictures are always so uplifting too.
Old 04-30-2017, 02:11 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Not The Way way, Just the way

Hi GaryB1,

Late to the party.

It's always a warm feeling when I hear someone else deciding to stick around and help people understand the Technique of Recognizing their Addictive Voice, AND of helping battle the Institutional Addictive Voice that is an ingrained, but now identifiable, flaw in American society.

As you see, even in this celebratory thread, resistance to AVRT pops up. Your noticing "integrating the reptile" was probably from this post http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post5687507 . I recommend folks reread that whole thread. I may pick up on it because awuh left it hanging with more unaddressed AV.

For clarity and future reference, you might want to have Dee change the title of this thread to "Good Bye AVRT People, but NO, I think I'll keep stopping by" or something to that effect.

Tatsy,
When you say "you're soundly on the stopping forever path!", think about in what ways it feels different to say "you have soundly stopped forever, and can take whatever path you like."

GT
Old 04-30-2017, 03:00 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Good to see you GT
I think that's where I did see that post about "integrating the reptile" I think it's a great idea for you to pick up where it was left off. I for one love seeing the AV exposed through someone elses lens as well as my own, it's the sadist in me, not happy until every bit of AV has been turned to dust by the light of AVRT lol

I do think the thought of "going it alone" and just getting on with it, is getting lost in the Institutional Addictive Voice of you must have group support
I know when I first went to the doctors for help with my drinking years ago I was aghast when he told me to "It's killing you man, just stop drinking." Did he not know that people couldn't stop it just because they wanted to? lol
The idea, that I couldn't, on my own, was already ingrained into me without me even realising it!! Luckily AVRT showed me that they could and did.
I didn't think about asking to rename the thread, I just cringe every time I see the title lol But I think I will ask.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:50 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post

For clarity and future reference, you might want to have Dee change the title of this thread to "Good Bye AVRT People, but NO, I think I'll keep stopping by" or something to that effect.
GT
I help out when action is needed, but that sounds like a job for the regular mods assigned to this forum GT

If you want to pursue that Gary, PM Morning Glory or shockozulu

D
Old 04-30-2017, 10:52 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Thanks I will Dee. I feel like a bit of a drama queen (king) everytime I see the title (picture back of the hand to the forehead sighing loudly "Goodbye cruel world!")
Old 05-01-2017, 10:31 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Thank you Morning Glrory
Old 05-03-2017, 05:14 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post

Tatsy,
When you say "you're soundly on the stopping forever path!", think about in what ways it feels different to say "you have soundly stopped forever, and can take whatever path you like."

GT
Yes GT, you're absolutely correct in spotting the AV.

Saying "soundly on the stopping forever path": implies that I must soundly stick to a path and if I stray off that path and lose my sound footing, I might drink. Sounds a little too similar to trudging the path of happy destiny; in that I might go off-course from the non-drinking path winding ahead. That not-drinking is outside my control and in the hands of destiny.

Whereas, " I have soundly stopped forever and can take any path I like": states the correct position , in that I am not on a path to stopping drinking, I have recovered and stopped drinking forever. Thereby, securing absolute freedom to take any path that benefits my life.