Today I can- a simple thread

Old 06-11-2017, 01:31 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

First boat outing yesterday Gotta say I was a bit nervous taking her out after so many months but it was just like riding a bike and it all came right back to me. I really love driving that boat, I love banking her doing turns, makes me feel like an action hero in a movie haha. Full moon last night and the stars were amazing, we laid on the bow and star gazed, it was really beautiful the way the moon reflected off the lake. I didn't miss drinking one bit and it was fab waking up without a hangover out on the water. The truth is that drinking made me miss out. Now that I don't do that anymore my life feels much richer, I feel joy in a way that feels true.
Old 06-13-2017, 03:49 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by zenchaser View Post
First boat outing yesterday Gotta say I was a bit nervous taking her out after so many months but it was just like riding a bike and it all came right back to me. I really love driving that boat, I love banking her doing turns, makes me feel like an action hero in a movie haha. Full moon last night and the stars were amazing, we laid on the bow and star gazed, it was really beautiful the way the moon reflected off the lake. I didn't miss drinking one bit and it was fab waking up without a hangover out on the water. The truth is that drinking made me miss out. Now that I don't do that anymore my life feels much richer, I feel joy in a way that feels true.
What type of boat? I'm currently living on a 27 foot sailboat and both Zero and I love life on there.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:23 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

I have a 26' Bayliner Cabin Cruiser. I could live on it if I wanted to, it has a bathroom and kitchen and sleeps 4. This is my second season and we are planning on some bigger excursions this summer

My four legged friend loves the boat! She's a golden and as soon as the boat is stopped and I give the ok she jumps overboard! lol
Old 06-14-2017, 01:40 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Nice, an Ericson here. I had to finally give Zero a new command word for safe boarding as he would do the same on the boat. He loves the deck now so much I got home to find he managed to climb the steep stairs from the cabin to the locked deck when I went to grab my mail. Mind you, he's a 15 pound dachshund!
Old 06-14-2017, 04:21 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Today I can keep my frustrations in check cause I'm not drinking.. I thought the drinking helped me deal with and ignore the things I don't like or can't control around my home..I'm finding it easier not drinking...
Old 06-14-2017, 05:31 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by shockozulu View Post
Nice, an Ericson here. I had to finally give Zero a new command word for safe boarding as he would do the same on the boat. He loves the deck now so much I got home to find he managed to climb the steep stairs from the cabin to the locked deck when I went to grab my mail. Mind you, he's a 15 pound dachshund!
That was one of my biggest revelations. Congrats!
Old 06-14-2017, 07:42 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Red, I've found the same thing. I am way calmer and more tolerant now that I'm sober..... when I was drinking I often felt like I was on edge and the small stuff bothered me a lot more.
Old 06-16-2017, 03:37 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Today I can train to phone bank for a candidate in a hotly contested congressional race. Welcome to modern technology...when you can call voters from out on the ocean ;-)
Old 06-22-2017, 07:46 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Day 32 for me and today I had a very clear conversation with my boss about work.

I am also in a content state of mind!

Life is GOOD!
Old 06-22-2017, 11:49 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Today I can clean the boat up! It is like a mini house and needs housekeeping too.
Old 06-24-2017, 05:41 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

I drove up to my boat this afternoon since it's finally sunny..... this damn rain has been unbelievable, but it was too windy to take her out!

So we fixed a few things and hung out for a bit and drove back to the city. Lame.

I heard that from the ocean warming, the wind currents have changed so now the winds are swirling over the Great Lakes which is what's causing this crazy amount of rain and that it's going to be the new norm. I hope it's not true that the weather patterns are permanently altered. This year all the locks were supposed to be free for Canada's 150th birthday but they can't even open them because there's too much water. I live right on Lake Ontario and our beach is gone, it's all water now, the lake is up by 6'! That's an insane amount of water and it just keeps raining.......
Old 06-26-2017, 09:59 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Hi all.. woke up this morning at 4:05am 43 degrees in Milwaukee WI... hahah face booked my sister in Minnesota.. Hear Minnesota is having snow for 4th of july.. I will know by the circles of life when she sees that. hahahahah

but it is cold kids and beans.. can feel it in my hip and fingers.. ekkekekekek..
but will not turn the heat on in the house. made summer time food for Sunday dinner Eddie Lee says I am trying to freeze him to death. ahahahahha

dug in the garden on Sunday. dry and sun felt good on my back.. my lavender is blooming for the first time ever... so looking forward to picking some.. hugs ardy. the Snow Queen in June
Old 06-26-2017, 02:26 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Just bought tickets to go see Gorillaz during my upcoming vacation!! Sweet!

Old 06-26-2017, 03:42 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Got myself some more tickets to go see Bonobo next month! Yay I'm going to go out and be a person again and not such a homebody!

Old 07-04-2017, 12:23 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Today I can be fully aware of my dog and any changes in behavior after he was attacked yesterday. His whole head and neck were in the mouth of a store's dog. So far Zero is healing fine but mom here is still worried sick
Old 07-04-2017, 01:22 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Great to hear Zero's on the mend, and with a sober you to look after him I'm sure he'll be fine.
Old 07-04-2017, 01:44 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Aw poor puppy! Glad he's OK.
Old 08-30-2017, 01:32 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Bonobo was outstanding! It was awesome. He got up and played with an 8 piece band and a full light show. Trippy acid jazz/ trip hop/ house music. Aaaaamazing I'd stopped going out to shows when I was drinking...... but I have no problem going out to live music sober. Plus I don't have to wait in the long bathroom lines! lol
Old 09-01-2017, 12:40 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

I'd never heard of Bonobo but then again I'm so unhip it's amazing my ass doesn't fall off, to quote from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

I googled them out of interest and came across these lyrics to a song named "Pieces" which I found moving.

Verse 1
"Love is in the eyes of the beholder, I
Used to keep a lighthouse lit for you
Hoping there’s a chance you would stay sober and
Find your way back home without the booze"

Verse 3 is the same except for the final line:

"It’s not up to me to guide you through"
Old 09-01-2017, 06:19 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

I can just hang out and take in Sunsets like this one yesterday while planning our next RV Trailer Trip.

Waking up Sober is The New Normal, and continues to be a treat to take in every Day. Highly recommended!

~ 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' ~ Judy Garland ~ The Wizard Of Oz ~