A New Year, A New Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 08:54 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

I am alive and sober don't worry

The steroids seem to have really helped. The inflammation has greatly reduced and I'm using far less of the pain meds. I haven't noticed any real side effects from the steroids either. I've got to go for a blood test to check my liver and kidney function along with some other bits because the steroids can mess with those but all in all I'm feeling a great deal better!

obviously with my condition I'm not exactly running marathons and bench pressing my body weight, but I am finally out of bed more than being in it. And with reduced pain meds my head is a lot clearer. So yeah that's me right now, definitely a nice start to the UK summer Ok maybe not summer just yet but getting there.
Old 03-29-2015, 02:47 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

That's awesome news, Davey! It's great to hear that you're able to do more and be more active. Being chained to the bed or chair can't be much fun!

Summer is just around the corner here, too. Looking forward to it!
Old 04-18-2015, 01:56 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

I really should start a new thread but it seems the opportunity is been and gone now lol.

I'm definitely better. The steroids have majorly reduced my inflammation. I still have the various cysts which pop up and have to be dealt with but the general degree of inflammation is greatly reduced. I've been able to cut my pain meds in half, although this varies day by day and I am in charge of tailoring my pain medication in that respect. I can usually tell when I wake up how bad a day is going to be, and if I'm going to do more than usual I take some before I take part in whatever it is I am doing to preempt what is to come, so that is working out well.

I know ultimately my condition will get worse, it's just how it goes but right now I've seen a big improvement with this new treatment. My doctor(s) are keeping an eye on my blood tests as my liver has shown an increase in detectable enzymes due to the steroids, and my kidney function is slightly affected but it's a minor increase in both cases so I'm able to continue with the treatment as it is.

I hope everyone else is doing well.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:21 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

I'm glad things are going okay, Davey. While the trend is for it to get worse, and at the risk of sounding Pollyannaish, as the years go by the chances of a meaningful treatment increase. I have a close relative with a very rare genetic disease that should have killed him years ago but each time one treatment is exhausted a new one has been developed. I think he's out of the woods now.

At any rate, take the good while it lasts. This applies equally to us all!
Old 05-02-2015, 08:45 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Just to check in saying I'm alive and sober. There is little to report regarding my health, I'm about the same which is a big plus in my book

I noticed something the other day, I was in a shop, walking past the isle with the alcohol near the til. At no point did I feel any kind of yearning, no watering mouth, no craving at all. It was only after coming home I realised it and it was a wonderful feeling.
Old 05-03-2015, 12:27 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DaveyT View Post
Just to check in saying I'm alive and sober. There is little to report regarding my health, I'm about the same which is a big plus in my book

I noticed something the other day, I was in a shop, walking past the isle with the alcohol near the til. At no point did I feel any kind of yearning, no watering mouth, no craving at all. It was only after coming home I realised it and it was a wonderful feeling.
I'm at about the same point with booze. I just don't really think about it except in the context of SR. At work I make a lot of things with alcohol in it but it's just another ingredient, and at the grocery store I pass the liquor isle without a thought.

Glad to see the steroids are helping your situation.
Old 06-02-2015, 01:52 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

I hope the latest treatments are still helping, Davey. Summer is just getting started here, probably there, too. I'm looking forward to getting out and enjoying it sober!
Old 06-26-2015, 02:11 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Things are still going pretty well here. I have a month of school left, give or take. Then I'll be free! Forever! Well, free to go back to working all the time!

I hope things are still well, Davey. Even a bad day sober is still a day sober. It's something that no one can take away.
Old 07-15-2015, 01:16 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

I hope your health is still holding out, Davey. Things are going along fine for me. Summer is in full swing and it's starting to get hot. I have two weeks of class left! Just wanted to bump this up to let you know we're still thinking of you.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:46 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Fall is in the air in the US, Davey. It was very warm today but all the leaves are aflame. Soon it will begin to get cold. I don't look forward to winter but fall is my favorite season!

I hope you're well. I see you haven't logged in for awhile but hopefully things are still fine. How is the new treatment regimen working? With luck you're in a "good phase".
Old 11-07-2015, 12:29 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

This is my first post from my new home! I moved to a neighboring state for work and am just getting settled into my new place. It's weird leaving my adopted hometown of over two decades and moving to a small town! It's strange not having all of my family right around the corner. Lots of time to myself! But luckily my new hometown is only 30 miles or so from my old one.
Old 11-07-2015, 07:12 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Wow! Congratulations on your move! A fresh start sounds nice.
Old 12-12-2015, 09:57 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Almost another new year! I hope you're well, Davey.
Old 12-23-2015, 10:00 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Wow! Xmas is almost upon us! Since I may have sporadic access to the net for the next few days I just wanted to drop in to wish everyone Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! If you have a chance to read this Davey, I hope the holiday finds you happy and as healthy as possible. I know you have a lot going on but I want you to know you have a lot of people here at SR in your corner!
Old 12-31-2015, 10:42 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Happy New Year! I hope everyone is well. If you see this Davey I hope your 2015 has been okay and hopefully 2016 is better still. Actually I hope everyone is off to a happy and health (and sober!) start to the new year.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:24 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

It's almost summer! The days are getting long here and while the nights are still pretty cool to cold the days are getting up in the 70's and 80's. I hope this post finds you well. I hope you're still on the path of recovery, and I hope you're enjoying good health, Davey.
Old 05-17-2017, 11:23 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Well, I see DaveyT hasn't been online in quite a while. Still, if you see this, you're in our thoughts. I hope all is well.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:41 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Creeping up on another new year, just wanted you to know you're not forgotten, DaveyT. I hope to see you here again but no matter what I hope you're well.
Old 09-30-2018, 01:16 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

I've moved again! Fall is once again in the air as I post from Idaho. The mountains are beautiful and I drive through them daily on the way to work. It's been a long time you've posted, Davey, but wherever you are I hope you're well, and still sober.

There's still a candle in the window for you just in case.
Old 11-23-2018, 09:34 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Hahaha, guess my last post was a bit late...I am now in Montana! Hopefully everything is well with you, Davey.