Secular Sobriety Jewelry

Old 07-15-2011, 10:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Secular Sobriety Jewelry

Anyone know of an online source for secular sobriety jewelry? Not the AA stuff, or 12-Step stuff. That's why I'm posting this in the Secular thread and not the Cafe or something...

What I have in mind is a combination of amethyst, rose quartz, and clear quartz... maybe a necklace, bracelet, earrings... nothing really intricate or over the top... just very simple and plain.

I'm thinking I'll have to get something custom made from one of those gemstone stores online...
Old 07-15-2011, 02:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well then... guess I'll start up my own secular sobriety jewelry store online
Old 07-15-2011, 09:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good idea. I've made earrings. It's not that hard. Bead and gem shopping can be addicting though.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

I know there are some 'just for today' necklace medallions but, nice jewelry...I'll look.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Being a secular and being free from dogma and it's associated rituals and symbolism you have the freedom to associate any piece of jewelry you choose as being associated with your recovery. The meaning becomes what you assign to it, not what someone else has decided is a symbol of recovery. Choose your own personal symbols and jewelry that have meaning for you in your recovery journey.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

I personally find Yin/Yang symbols inspiring.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I've found a designer who's going to make me a customized bracelet. It'll be similar to this one but I've added in small black onyx stones, along with the amethyst and clear quartz: Angel Amethyst Healing Crystal Bracelet by RareDaisyJewelry
Old 07-22-2011, 06:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
On my way....

I have also looked for jewelry that is not AA-related, so consider me your first customer if you ever open a store Jennie! Love the bracelet you chose.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rachel1980 View Post
I have also looked for jewelry that is not AA-related, so consider me your first customer if you ever open a store Jennie! Love the bracelet you chose.
Well... I've become addicted to Etsy now Somehow it just never interested me before looking for this bracelet. There are some amazing works of art on there. Anyway... I can sure see how bead/gem hunting can become addictive!

Thanks, Rachel... I've thought about jewelry-making before, just never pursued it. It might be a fun hobby. I'm still perusing the shops on Etsy for isnpiration...
Old 07-22-2011, 04:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

coincidence alert!! - sunday afternoon im hitting an outdoor market i hear does good handmade stuff with the express plan of buying a bracelet to mark this exciting month and the experience of travelling and working hard and staying clear headed!

just mentioning it because it's proof great minds think alike?
i think it'll be a nice trophy and also a good anchor (in the nlp meaning of that word - wikipedia) for remembering good times had sober and free!

debs
Old 07-22-2011, 04:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yes, I agree Debs... a nice tangible (and pretty!) reminder. I'm not so sure I believe in the magical properties of gems... LOL. But it would be nice as a little symbol of sobriety. Oh, and my b-day is on the 29th, which is going to be 1 month & 1 day of sobriety for me... so it's also a bracelet coinciding with my actual birthday...

Be sure and post your bracelet you get for yourself... I'm going to post pics of mine once it arrives.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

My amethyst sobriety bracelet came today!!! The designer made it just as I asked her to... it has a larger light purple amethyst in the center, clear quartz and black onyx beads surrounding. Check it out...

Old 07-30-2011, 09:06 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

OOOoooo...that's nice. Sobriety looks good on you
Old 07-30-2011, 09:34 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Very classy. Wow, that reminds me I've got a dual pointed Tibetan quartz that was given to me after I completed a 28 day in-patient program a few years back. After I relapsed I put it away, I figured I hadn't really earned it. Haven't thought about it for a long time
Old 07-30-2011, 10:03 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

That's very pretty Jen - I like it a lot!
Old 07-31-2011, 05:56 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Really nice bracelet Jenny. I was going to suggest Etsy but I see you have found them and now you are hooked.
SH