SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Secular Connections (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/)
-   -   End of Earth! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/227511-end-earth.html)

Murray4x5 05-20-2011 06:59 AM

End of Earth!

Just in case the EARTH WILL END prediction for tomorrow is correct ;) thought I would say bye-bye to you, my friends.

You know though, one day one of these predictions is going to coincide with us being whacked by a Mount Everest or bigger sized chunk of interstellar rock going 20,000 KM an hour or more, then who's going to be laughing?

Really though, how many strikes over how many centuries do these guy's get before they start asking themselves if there is no vengeful god out there, and if it's just us and this one life we have here on this beautiful Earth?

Murray

jamdls 05-20-2011 07:06 AM

If the world should end tomorrow I will die smiling and sober and I'm good with that.

recycle 05-20-2011 07:25 AM

I'm glad I won't be too drunk to notice.

7:30 am here on the left coast, and everything seems ok....

Hello, is there anybody out there????

Dee74 05-20-2011 03:53 PM

No.

LOL all good here :Wburn

enjoy your weekend guys :)

D

lilac0721 05-20-2011 04:22 PM

I've been away from SR for a while, and recently came back. I forgot just how fun the folks are here on Secular Connections!

If the world ends tomorrow, thanks for all the smiles over the past year! And at least I will have had a few days sober and a good workout before the end...

Beardo 05-20-2011 06:33 PM

I can report that it's 11:32am here in Sydney and still nothing happening ;) I dunno Murray, but surely they've used their quota.

wellwisher 05-20-2011 06:38 PM

I'm golden - I've got my aluminum foil hat on.

LaFemme 05-20-2011 06:58 PM

I believe it is scheduled for 6pm PST tomorrow. I find it amusing that Jesus says no one will know even himself when its coming but these wackadoodles know.

Don't worry...tomorrow is only the Rapture....we've got 5 months left to the actual end....plenty of time to smoke pot, have unsafe sex and get drunk....because all 3 of those things are as likely to happen as the rapture.

Its been great knowing y'all!

Beardo 05-20-2011 07:05 PM

Well said LaFemme :)

oak 05-20-2011 07:25 PM

You pets can be cared for after you go spiraling up to heaven. Do people get sucked up to heaven during raptures? I don't even know since I'm a heathen!

Eternal Earth-Bound Pets

Murray4x5 05-20-2011 07:59 PM

I figure we were put here by some intergalactic space traveling superior species of Aliens for their return trip home. Much like we use livestock or bees, they left us here to gather resources into concentrated areas making it much easier to stock up on supplies.

Luckily, I live in a small town not worth the effort to "harvest" so we'll be left here as seed stock for future trips, unlike all you big city types who'll get "processed" along with all the metals and other supplies they might need.

I have as much 100% scientifically proven evidence to support my theory as the other guys do :D

Murray

LaFemme 05-20-2011 07:59 PM

Oak...I believe conventional wisdom is that the corporal form gets sucked up to heaven but all earthly aspects get left behind....so if you see naked people zooming through the air or heaps of empty clothes you will know rapture happened. Id advice staying off the roads because all those cars will suddenly loose their drivers!

Good to know my dogs will be cared for...sending them money right now!

LaFemme 05-20-2011 08:39 PM

Harold Camper doesn't even have the bible to back him up...don't lump us all in with these guys.

Seed stock...eh?

I just think God would at least wait until the final Harry Potter movie...rapture just wouldn't be fun with that missing!

Murray4x5 05-20-2011 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by LaFemme (Post 2975442)
Seed stock...eh?

Yup. I guess they figure us rugged, swarthy, northern bush-man types will get the human species off to a hearty start...just like this guy would;

YouTube - ‪Lumberjack Song - Monty Python‬‏

Murray

Murray4x5 05-20-2011 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by wellwisher (Post 2975290)
I'm golden - I've got my aluminum foil hat on.

See, that makes me doubly safe as there's an aluminum smelter just outside town!

Murray

newby1961 05-20-2011 10:02 PM

I heard the same thing on the View its supposed to happen at 6pm.

I hope no one uses that as an excuse to relapse that would be one for the books.

I don't know about all these stories what I do know is it has been predicted many times and oops we are all still here, go figure?

Someone said when Jesus comes back he will come back like a theif in the night now that is a heck of a way to word it.

I guess you can tell by now I have no clue about bible stuff or any of those dogma related issues..

Just in-case we go been nice hanging w/you all..Peace and see ya on the other side where ever the heck that is?

newby1961 05-20-2011 11:31 PM

End of the World

1 Attachment(s)
1669 – The Old Believers in Russia believed that the end of the world would occur in this year and 20,000 burned themselves to death to protect themselves from the Antichrist

Read more: 25 times in the past that the doomsday prophets apparently missed something - On the Front Lines of the Culture Wars

Zencat 05-20-2011 11:35 PM

I'm ready for the zombie apocalypse. I actual have plans for post apocalypse looting party to come. Good to see the wackos lift off form the earth anyhow...things will be more tolerable then...Bawhahahaa. Such wackiness good Gawd.

I'm going to get that The S7 I always wanted.

http://www.indiaonrent.com/forwards/...res/oz5kih.jpg

Zencat 05-20-2011 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by newby1961 (Post 2975529)
1669 – The Old Believers in Russia believed that the end of the world would occur in this year and 20,000 burned themselves to death to protect themselves from the Antichrist

Read more: 25 times in the past that the doomsday prophets apparently missed something - On the Front Lines of the Culture Wars

Oh I would hope this could be repeated today. Like thinning out he herd sort od deal....LOL'er.

Zencat 05-20-2011 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by newby1961 (Post 2975529)

Oh I would hope this could be repeated today. Like thinning out the herd sort of deal....LOL'er.