It's all about me Part 5

Old 05-04-2015, 02:20 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi Everyone!

I didn't get a chance to tell y'all about Saturday! I was too busy to sit at the computer! So I'm sharing a couple of pictures with y'all instead!

It was a beautiful moon lit night!

This is the area we sat at during the evening! The fire pit was kept stacked with wood to keep all of us warm! We moved all the chairs closer to it! My older sister had brought her chi with her. She sat in a chair wrapped up in a blanket with her chi nestled down beside her all covered up!

My younger sister had a blanket wrapped around the stray tom cat that has made himself at home on the ground! She was busy fishing! The tan building on the right is the chicken coop! At the end of that long walkway is where I spent my time on the dock out there. From 11:00 PM to 1:00 AM! While standing there? I saw a large Gar swim past me under the light! Shiver me timbers! I was thinking to myself: "Please don't fall in!" There's also a large open area at one end of the dock out there! My BIL was sitting in a chair close to it! He got up to check on his pole. The clip on his cellphone attached to his belt broke off on the chair arm. It went something like: Snap curthunk! His cellphone fell into that open area!

And later on when I was out there on the dock? My sister's BF came out to join me! He was well pickled if you know what I mean! We were both looking towards the shore when all of a sudden we heard a commotion behind us! A large fish had taken the bait on his pole and the pole was going over the railing! BF made a dive for the pole and in the process? He landed on the railing surrounding that opening! OMG! I hollered: "Don't fall in the phone hole!" The fish snapped the line on the pole and was gone! I just knew I was going to have to fish him out of there! LORDY! There's also a lot of metal spikes down there for baby fish to hide in! We kept getting teased by my BIL: "If y'all fall in? Get my phone!" It got quite for a minute after BF stumbled around. Jethro was yelling from the shore - TOD? I yelled back saying I was okay! At one point I told BIL: "I'll be sure that's my main mission if I fall in! Get BIL's phone before I come out!" LOL

TOD
Old 05-04-2015, 02:31 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Jethro took this picture of Maria and sent it to my sister saying: "I've been trying to call my Uncle, but some clown with the name; Billy Bass keeps answering the phone. Does my Uncle not love me anymore?"

TOD
Old 05-04-2015, 08:18 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Wow, Tod, great pics! Sounds like ya had a great time this wkend. Those gars are scary fish! They have huge teeth! Yikes! I've never seen one in person, but I've seen em on TV. Do you have those Asian carp down there? Those are super scary too.

We brought our doggies to my daughter's this wkend too & my chi was snuggling up w/us around the bonfire also lol. ) My son's ChiPoo played w/my dd's puppy all night. It's so funny because my ds's puppy is a tiny dog w/a big attitude and my dd's is a larger breed w/a tiny attitude! Lol.
Maria's adorable!

Clean, get well soon. I miss you!

Charlie, I hope you're having a great day!

Blue & Allfor, where are you guys? Hope all is well.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:09 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hi all, I've been quiet today, sorry. Exhausting day and a Monday to boot. I'll write more later.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:07 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Im fine KZ…. Im sorry to hear what happened to your husband while he was at rehab – the problems with the staff not being able to deal with his diabetes/sugar… very scary. How are things going since he’s been home? Sorry you were sick last week.

Charley, Congratulations to your daughter for taking a gold this weekend. Im sure its hard to see the dance season end, but at the same time it will be nice to have the summer off. Does she attend any dance camps, etc?

Cleanin.. hope your feeling better. I owe you a long message… was busy all weekend.

Hi Butter and Blue…

TOD… your weekend looked like fun. The lake your on looks very large and what beautiful pics you posted.. the fish look awfully large too. Im not familiar with the ones you mentioned. Also confused.. did the phone sink, or the water was too dangerous to enter because of the fish, or did the fish attack the phone?

I love the picture of Maria making a phone call.. she could probably be trained to push the button with her beak… LOL

We had our church rummage sale on Saturday. It was “interesting” as always. The normal part of the day goes ok for the most part.. but at the end of the day for the last two hours its opened up for the bag sale so we can clear things out and this is where it gets entertaining. People will come just for the bag sale.. they will bring huge bags and of course the bag is a standard brown paper sak from the grocery store.. so we charge triple for these large plastic bags and its still packing in more than the brown bags.. LOL Then we have the paper bag group who do their best to fill these bags to the utmost height and tearing at the seams.. we just let them stack it as tall as they can because basically its funny. LOL

But there are mishaps and some really interesting things. For example.. things fall off and break and then you see people casually set down those objects as if they have no idea what happened.. and then there are people who pick up a canister and stuff it with a shirt or something.. the ones who take ties and try to make blankets as small as possible so they fit in the bag while still allowing tons more on top. And we set prices of about $1 - $2 on large items like blankets and comforters.. which I think is cheap because all the items were in good condition or we didn’t even put them out. At the very top of one mans bag he was balancing a blue ray disk player… no way it made it to the car unless he took it off.

I love the bag sale people.. its so hard to keep a straight face.. and the ladies that take the money are all older and they do a great job, but they get a little angry sometimes because the proceeds are going to the church programs and what people wont do to make, or save a buck.. LOL Im sure we can all relate to this however.

After this whatever is leftover the church members can take for free.. and then whatever is leftover we give to charity.. we use one that supports people with disabilities and veterans.

I will post about our kitty on the AP TOD..
Old 05-05-2015, 06:50 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Happy Cinco de Mayo!

I'm feeling a lot better today. Thank you! Just weak and can't do what I would like to do. One weekend I wasn't able to finish all the laundry and it's a problem. My son was out of shirts and underwear today. I'm shocked at how fast he's growing! The jeans that we just bought for him are too small now. I wanted him to grow but wow...that was only a few months ago we bought those jeans!

TOD looks like you had a wonderful time at the party! So happy for you. Beautiful pics too. Cute ones of Maria with the phone and on top of Marilyn's cage. Is she the curious type? Dova and Mimi both have to check out everything around them at least once...but usually more than once. That is probably a bunny thing? My husband has a thing about rearranging furniture. It used to be a huge fight for the two of us when he gets into one of those moods. I like having my things in the place I put them in. I can not stand someone coming in and rearranging it....especially when that someone isn't the one who regularly cleans or keeps those things maintained. Yep, probably a control issue. It wouldn't surprise me since on more than one occasion my world was thrown into chaos as a child. I need to know that things are the way I put them and left that way. It means much more to me than just items in their place. It represents much needed stability. Anyway....since hubs gave up doing that in our house he does it with Dova's condo. Poor Dova! But my point was how Dova goes around checking out his newly arranged home....checking to see where everything is and each different route he can take to get to certain places. Ha! I'll have to take a pic some day so you understand what I'm talking about. We have boxes and tunnels in there that can be switched up and made into different layouts. It has two floors too and an ex-pen around it so it's pretty large. During the day I open it up so Dova has access to the sunroom where he loves sitting on the window ledge looking out into the back yard.

Allfor so happy to see you back here. I loved all your light hearted articles. Your rummage sale stories crack me up too! So funny how people behave when they are getting a deal. Who knows I might be one of those? I never heard of bag sales like that? I'm missing out on something? I do have my JCPenney's $10 off of $10 coupon though.
So sorry about kitty! I know you're worried! Praying it's a simple procedure (less invasive) and kitty won't have to get too scared. You'd be surprised how much more animals know...I'm positive he knows you are helping him. Just like kids automatically know that when we take our kids to the doctor it's for their own good.
But my heart is heavy for you..because I know how sensitive you are...especially towards animals.

Charley, I'm sorry about what happened. Whatever it is...I can tell something happened? Please feel free to post or pm me. I promise I'll keep it positive.

KZ your weekend sounded like the ideal weekend for me! Beginning with going out for breakfast, then hitting the Garage/yard sales. Oh so fun! Love it! I admit I haven't sat around a Bon fire since my teens...nor do I know a thing about fishing....but it sounds like the grand finale to a wonderful day with your daughter. So very happy for you!
Oh how I wish I had you in my yard to teach me how to plant flowers!
Impressive!

Butter where are you?

Blue waiting for you to come back!

Oh..just one more thing....my daughter called me asking if color blindness runs in our family. She said she was working with J, my grandson, to learn his colors, numbers alphabet....and he was having a lot of problems with some of the colors like green. I told her I didn't think so....hadn't heard of it? But I would ask auntie (my sister) if she knows? She just sent me the pm that her oldest is quite color blind! Really? So maybe my daughter is on to something? This is her first...so she is very worried about certain things and I'm not sure if he really is colorblind or he is just having trouble with the names..ya know? He's only 3 so you never know. Will let you know after he is tested by a doctor. Not going to worry yet.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:09 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Clean- my son is color blind. Turns out it is passed from mother to son. In my family there were only two boys in my generation so we didn't know about it until my son was born with it.
Old 05-05-2015, 11:02 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Thank you happybeingme for that information. I really appreciate it. I knew nothing about color blindness. It's dyslexia only (or so I thought) that runs in my family. I have a mild form that was never treated, my second oldest daughter has it. Mine still comes out in my writing. Most of the time I'll catch it...but sometimes I don't.
Old 05-05-2015, 11:20 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Charlie, I wonder if you're a bit like me when it comes to posting? When I'm down n out, I lurk alot because I can't think what to write. I'll have a million things racing through my head & can't seem to formulate an intelligent sentence. Ugh lol.

Allfor, Rob's 23 days clean and he's doing great. His attitude is awesome this time. He's sleeping better now that his psychiatrist prescribed something called viseral & discontinued the other sleep med ( caused restless legs syndrome. ) So far, A Okay!
We used to have bag sales at the Goodwill in the town I grew up in ( but only clothing was allowed. ) I probably be like those lil ol ladies, when I grow up lol ( I'm short in the patience department, but I'm working on it. ) I hit the motherload of a yard sale this past wkend...jackpot for me because I collect antiques. And boy did they have antiques & cheap ( no haggling needed there! ) I got old pottery, graniteware, jewelry, books, kitchen stuff, bakelite, ect. $1 or $2 for blankets & comforters?? Thats unheard of in my parts. I bought 2 old matching embroidered bedspreads & only paid $10 & I thought that was a steal lol.

Clean, I'm glad you're feeling better! And yea, it was a terrific wkend ( did the same thing the wkend before, but it was much colder out. ) Boy, your bunny pens sound like luxury living lol. We always want the best for our pets, don't we. Our chi Dora, is our lil girl now that all our kids are grown.
I hope everything works out okay w/grandson.

Happy, nice to meet you!

Blue oh blue, where are you?

I just realized this morn that I missed 1 of my "straight anniversaries." I quit methadone & norco a yr ago, on May 2.
Then I quit heroin & clonopin on Aug 23, 2014 & finally suboxine on Feb 25!
Old 05-05-2015, 11:45 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Clean- my son has problems with green and forget pink / beige he can't tell them apart. He has a few other color quirks as well. Now that he is an adult it's kind of funny at times. He insists on wearing what he wants even when they clash and argues with me about me being wrong. He has also worn glasses since he was 12 but his younger brother has perfect vision. No color blindness either. Weird how genetics work
Old 05-05-2015, 12:29 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Happy...Yes it is weird how genetics work! Very strange! Well. I guess it's something he'll get used to huh? Looks like you even laugh about it now? Amazing how human's learn to cope..right? He just might need someone to help him mix and match. Ha!

Yes KZ I can see how animals can become part of the family. They have such cute and individual personalities. Ha!

KZ I'm like that too. When I have too much on my mind..I tend to become quiet. Which is really the time I should be reaching out more. I'm sure it has to do with my FOO. I am slowly getting better about it though. As well as having my own opinions and it being ok. It's just hard to do it without coming across like I'm melting down if you get what I mean. Lol I hold things in til I explode. So that isn't the right way either. Ha! But that's me. I also tend to think every bad thing that's happened is my fault like you disappeared and were sick...I thought it must be my fault? I know weird...I'm not that powerful!

But I'm glad to see everyone here...except Blue....then I'll be very very glad! And happy is posting again too......that makes me very glad.

Course Butter needs to get her butt in here! Where are you butter?
Alright enough of this.
Old 05-05-2015, 12:32 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Congrats on your one year Kzaurg!

Old 05-05-2015, 12:34 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Oh boy forgot about the antiques! That's wonderful that you got some really good deals! So happy for you KZ!
Old 05-05-2015, 12:52 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

My thoughts exactly, Clean ( obviously I'm having a good day today lol. ) But, on those other days, I know I should be posting & think to myself wthecks wrong w/me? Ugh!
Old 05-05-2015, 01:55 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

oh my, need to catch up.

Clean, I owe you a pm. I will when I have a moment.

Tod, what an awesome place for a get together. Looks peaceful and beautiful. I love the water!

Clean, glad to hear you're feeling better! My nephew is colour blind. I think it's quite common. The biggest concern my SIL is when he starts driving, the red and green look the same? But then you just memorize the light stand itself and look at where it's situated, not the colour, if that makes sense.

Kz, congrats on one year! And I'm very glad to hear about your Rob doing so well!

Allfor, I love rummage sales! All those treasures! I love watching the little old ladies fight over baby clothes for their great-grands!

It's been a rough couple days for me, not going to lie. Started counseling yesterday and he pushed me to speak to H about a couple of things, didn't go well, ended up with H leaving for the night. At this point, I'm feeling pretty lost ... I know things need to change but I don't know how. I don't know. I just don't know anymore.
Old 05-05-2015, 01:58 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Did Tod write "It was a beautiful moonlit night" ha! I knew she was a romantic.

Im fine ladies. Congrats to everyone. Tod went over 300 days, Clean went over 100 on cigs, Kz has tons of milestones she passed! Rob is home and safe, Charleys daughter won gold!

My presentation was good a couple weeks ago. My boss asked if I wanted to take on something else challenging and I said yes. Mr Blue and I have been doing some fun stuff. Went on a day trip, visited an outdoor art show, finally watched 50 shades movie thanks to Clean telling me it was available now. And then we had a sad thing happen. I was smelling something odorous out in the woods and I asked if he would help me find it. A wild animal had died, so we made a grave and buried it. Then we were walking around and on the complete other side of the property we smelled something else ( I guess the nose gets good) and we found another deceased wild animal and buried him. Thanks for your suppkrt on those Tod and Im happy no squirrels were involved but it was sad.

Oh and Clean, I made cupcakes one night and I decorated one for ypur 100 days but I had to eat it before I could take its picture for you! But it was pretty!
Old 05-05-2015, 02:10 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I forgot two things. Last weekend we went out to a flea market. I was hoping to find a antique wood daybed to put in the little cottage. I found one and bought it, but I think it needs to be refinished because the wood is stained too dark. We think its oak. Im confused now on my design in there and mixing of woods. And do I try to refinish it myself?

I saw this neat thing on tv and I cant actually use it anywhere rignt now, but maybe someday, somewhere. They took all these antique tools, like the ones I was telling you we got from Mr Blues grandfather, and this guy made a wall, like a partition by welding the tools together at different angles. It looked cool but clearly has to be put in the right setting.
Old 05-05-2015, 02:29 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Oh Charlie, I'm so sorry. I'm leaving right now to go out to dinner w/the in-laws, but I'll be back a lil later.

Blue, so good to have you back w/us! Missed you.
Old 05-05-2015, 03:38 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

My Goodness! There's a house full of posters here!

And do I actually see Blue in the house? I think I need to check my BP now!

Well there's nothing like getting a phone call to meet the UPS man at the gate to sign for Jethro's pain meds! ARGH Jethro just left a few minutes earlier! And here I go walking to the gate with the dog, rooster and hen following close behind! LOL The whole gang was there to meet the friendly delivery man!

Jethro's been out of pills for awhile and it's been nice! We'll see how long that lasts? Said with a Ha Ha Ha!

Alright y'all! I'll be back later! I didn't post last night because I was watching five hours of "American Odyssey"! Man! What a show! I also received an early text from a SR friend that was broken hearted over a friend passing!

TOD
Old 05-05-2015, 06:26 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Yay Blues in the house!

now everyone is here! Yay!

But sorry TOD about someone dying. That's too bad! So sorry to hear that. My condolences going out to that person who lost the good friend!

Charley I owe you a pm and I will send it.

I made tacos tonight so you'd think I'd get out of the kitchen quickly right? Well it didn't happen. It just seemed like it went on and on and then clean-up went longer than expected too. Now my other leg is propped up due to pain in it. I just don't know what's wrong with me? I feel like I'm slowly falling apart. Oh dear I'm sorry. I'm on a huge pity pot tonight.

But I'm very happy to see everyone here now. Just need butter to pop in.