It's all about me Part 5

Old 04-25-2015, 07:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

OK just read things are better now with Jethro? Keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 04-25-2015, 08:31 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Oh sorry charlery. Ha ha! A Benzo is a benzodiazapam. Such as xanax or valuim.

But thats awful that so many are slipping and sliding out by you! Alright already??? Enough snow! Be careful! I know your daughter will be disappointed...but it sounds very trecherious out there!

Totally agree with you guys about Blue! I mean who wakes up early on their Saturday morning to make sure the wild squirrels have enough peanuts?

LUV YA MY DEAR FRIEND! (if you are able to read this?) You have touched my life deeply and enriched it in an enormious way! I will forever feel honored to have known you....and been your friend!

Makes me feel like a song link is needed! Oh...BTW loved those songs you posted the other day charley! Yours too Tod!
Old 04-25-2015, 11:21 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

My good afternoon with Jethro is wobbly at the knees now! I was folding towels and mentioned to him the curtains still needed to be turned around to face the right direction! He said: "No I'm going to leave them that way!" I said: "Seems that's the problem around here with a lot of things!" He said: "Watch your mouth!" The curtains fell down a while ago due to the hook wouldn't hold the rod anymore! He turned them around so the other end would hold better! And that's how they've been ever since! He has them pulled open by the time I get up, so this is the first time I've noticed them again in a long while!

He's acting like he's taken a pill! Maria is ready to go to bed and he's acting like it's no big deal! I was even NICE earlier and suggested if he HELP me? We could change his bed sheets! He moaned and groaned and bitcched the entire time it was being done. Now he's doing the half azz'ed laugh at stuff on the Internet/laptop and reading things to me while I folded towels. I just want to clean the house and to be left alone! Company plus my mom will be here at 4:00 PM Sunday! Just go to bed Jethro so I can get things done! PLEASE!!!! I'm not going to hammer him until Monday about the pills! Don't want him in withdrawals while company is here!

He informed me while we were eating supper! It's going to cost around $400.00 to fix the 4-wheeler! Yep! The damned thing will be $500.00 by the time he gets done with it. And then I get to hear later on what the Go Cart is going to cost in repairs!

I was telling my SD earlier I was ready to leave! We talked back and forth and then she said: "Well damn it! You can't leave! You're the coolest Stepmom I've ever known!" I said: "Thank ya Dear!"

Charley: I can't believe your weather! I have the A/C on right now! It was like a sauna earlier today! Geeeezzzz Let us know how your daughter did!!!!!

And Blue! I know you're reading! We'll be waiting on your return! As my Drill SGT used to tell me all the time: "Chit happens"! The battle of the chickens and squirrels must continue!

TOD
Old 04-26-2015, 04:15 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

There must be some real sleepy heads on here! I've been up cleaning house all night while y'all been snoozing! I'll forgive ya though! I kept watch while everyone slept! Wink Wink

It's amazing how much clutter can gather over time! All the empty boxes had also gathered on the large dining room table too! Well actually a bunch of stuff was on there! But it's put away now! I actually have a clean table top again! I'm not going to discuss our little table we eat on everyday though! Jethro needs a large box to clear it off! It's amazing how much stuff a man can gather in one spot! Tons! He throws nothing away! Stacks of receipts from eating out too! He goes online and checks out every one of the web sites on them! ARGH!

Well! I'm going to finish up, get Molly to bed and hit the shower! I'll get a few hours of sleep before I have to hit the floor again! I bet I sleep good too? LOL

TOD
Old 04-26-2015, 08:50 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

It's just me and the kids today, h has decided to not come along and i am not impressed. Ds doesn't like to sit for a long time watching dance so I'll be chasing him all afternoon, trying to get him to sit still long enough so we can watch dd's solo. The roads are still gross but at least it's stopped snowing so the 1.5 hr drive there will be fine, after dark it might be rough coming home but crossing my fingers.
H has decided he needs to stay and work, which usually makes him grouchy and stressed. So i told him, if we come home after doing all this just so he can stay home and work, and he's grouchy, all bets are off.
Old 04-26-2015, 12:31 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I was correct on not having any problems falling asleep! But? I woke up three hours later with my RLS! Can't win for losing!

In the middle of pouring my coffee? Jethro's yelling thru the door: "Get that roast ready and I'll put it in the smoker!" ARGH I forgot to get that thing ready for the smoker last night like I had planned! So I say nicely: "I just got up!" He went back outside! I mean damn! I'm still clearing sleep out of my eyes and you want me to start rushing around already? Ain't happening after a night like last night! My muscles are screaming at me! Let me wake up and warm up!

I have found it's much easier to wake up in a better mood now that I've been coming out here on the porch and having the old country music station playing oldie songs on the TV to greet me! I put it on this station for the kids before I head to bed. We all benefit from it! Marilyn is loving her new home! LOL I have a dozen eggs I'll be sending home with mom today too from Ms Marilyn!

Good Lord! Jethro is on the Go Cart backing out of the spot he was working on it! And he's gone across the yard! Men are grown kids! Now he'll come in here and say: "I guess your husband isn't as dumb as you thought?" His way of patting himself on the back for a job well done! Mom asks him: "You pattin yourself on the back again?" LOL He'll say: "Damn straight!" I have figured out; If it's fixable? Then Jethro can fix! No matter what it is! If it can be built or wired? He can do it! Amazing!

Charley! Sorry H decided to stay home instead of going with y'all! And I'm crossing my fingers things are good at home when you get back!

Okay! I better get moving here! Mom is always early! I gotta figure out what to make to go along with the ribs he's pulling off the smoker right now also!

TOD
Old 04-26-2015, 05:24 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Tod sorry things aren't great with Jethro. I hope you have a wonderful time with your mom.

I came home to an empty house. H decided to leave for work for the night,and didn't tell me. Nice. I guess I'm just an after thought.

One good thing, dd got silver in her solo! She had heavy competition but she did so well! I'm sad h missed it and thought other stuff was more important than his daughter.
Old 04-26-2015, 06:00 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi guys,
I'm exhausted but just wanted to pop in to say a quick hello.
I had a great time at my daughters. I just got home a couple of hrs ago.

I'll catch up w/everyone tomorrow. I'm heading to bed early tonight.

Blue, I will miss you this wk. & can't wait for you to return. EXTRA BIG ((((( HUGS )))))
Old 04-26-2015, 06:16 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Congrats on your daughter winning silver! That's awesome!

Sorry H couldn't be there.

Tod hoping you are having a nice time with your mom.

Kz and butter how are you?

Alfor hope you are enjoying your weekend!
Old 04-27-2015, 02:08 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

YAY DD! Silver is nothing to sneeze at! Give that girl a bowl of ice cream! Whatever flavor she chooses!

We all had a nice time together and plenty to eat! We kept mom laughing with past stories of dad and herself! And of course she got here an hour early! She went to walmart here in town and headed on over here when she got done!

I just got back inside from moving the huge smoker under cover and putting other things away. A bad storm is rolling in our direction! Hopefully from the looks of the radar? We'll only catch the tail end of it!

Charley! So H just decided to take off w/o letting you know? Talk about a sneaking out affair! HUH? If y'all aren't talking though? That might be why he did it! Seems he had that planned all along and that's why he didn't want to go with y'all! I can just about bet you he's had a few to drink and is sleeping it off now! At least I don't have to worry about Jethro leaving! He'd have a pizzed off wife to deal with if he did something like that!

Kz: I know you're snoozing in your own bed right now! Glad to see you checking in!

Mom told me while she was here my 18 yro nephew is graduating this week! Yikes! I gotta get him a card and the hundred dollars! I'm going to give him $20.00 and the rest to his mom! That way he can't blow it all at once! She also told me he's lost 50 pds! YAY! He's been working on a farm for the last four months instead of sitting around doing nothing but eating! Mom also said my younger sister's house is empty now! My nephew isn't living there anymore! I said: "Maybe I should move into it? Jethro told me not to let the door hit me in the azz on the way out!" We all laughed about it! My sister would say: "Come on!" She lived with us for a summer while her house was being built!

Hello to everyone else! Best wishes to y'all on this Monday!

TOD
Old 04-27-2015, 09:09 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hey guys!

Congrats to your DD Charley, that's awesome! I'm sorry about the problems with H. it's a pity that he didn't get to see her performance.

Blue, We miss you!!! (((hugs))))

I'm doing okayish. My last week of classes has started here, next week are finals and then my year here (aka my life) is over. I still have no idea what's gonna happen after that. I don't want to get back, but it looks i have to. It's basically just killing me and I have to give everything to not break down or have panic attacks.

On the bright side, this might be the last week of classes in my life...

I hope everyone of you is having a great start into the week!
Old 04-27-2015, 11:44 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Forget what I said about being okayish. I'm sitting on a chair and can barely get myself to move, no energy/motivation whatsoever. Even writing is exhausting. I did well in the morning, and got some work done, but now? Still so much to do... but no motivation because what's the point? i just wanna go to my room, go to bed and hide.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:54 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello Everyone!

Charley: Look what greeted my mom and H's momma when they arrived yesterday! (H around here stands for Jethro's cousin that passed away last year! She died not long after my dad did)!

H's son is here! He and Jethro went to H's momma's house today to work on the old car sitting out back. They got it running! He's staying for leftover ribs I'm warming up for supper!

As for having a green thumb? Nadda! I kill damned near everything I plant! LOL That's a climbing rose that was here when I moved in back in 2006! I've actually cut it back to the ground several times! I'm assuming the chicken poo, tomatoe plant food and Epsom salt is why it's thriving as good as it is! Because all I do is water it! I brought up to Jethro making a Trellis, but we haven't had a chance to study the project! It needs a place to go and grow! It's going to end up all over the roof at the rate it's going!

Cleanin: Are your rose bushes doing anything yet? ---- I sent Jethro to the pet store to get hay for Marvin and Marilyn's cages. They didn't have the kind I use! And they just received supplies yesterday! ARGH! I'm going to have to start searching for an alternative use! Do you live anywhere close to alfafa fields? Hickory loved that stuff! We had a field almost in our back door in WI! I'd go pick bags of it for him. Sometimes I'd take him with me and just turn him loose in the field. He never ran away!

Kz: How is Rob today? How are you after the trip?

Allfor: Did the spider show back up? What's the news on kitty's foot? How are you doing with that morning sickness?

Blue: Thinking about you! Buy yourself something special!

TOD
Old 04-27-2015, 05:13 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Butter, extra huge hugs!! You said it's finals now, are there some walk in counsellors available during finals that you could see? I'm worried about you!!

Tod, oh my gosh those roses are gorgeous! What kind are they? I have the names of a couple that are harder to kill but I'm wanting to fill my backyard with gorgeous colours and I'd love a climbing one! Of course being so far north makes it harder too. Beautiful!

I'll bbl
Old 04-28-2015, 02:06 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by PinkCloudsCharley View Post
Butter, extra huge hugs!! You said it's finals now, are there some walk in counsellors available during finals that you could see? I'm worried about you!!

Tod, oh my gosh those roses are gorgeous! What kind are they? I have the names of a couple that are harder to kill but I'm wanting to fill my backyard with gorgeous colours and I'd love a climbing one! Of course being so far north makes it harder too. Beautiful!

I'll bbl
I have NO clue what kind they are! LOL They were here when I moved in. There's also another rose bush with stems that grow above the porch roof! Beautiful pink roses on them! And then there's the little pink climbing rose bush in the front! It's taken over the bush! It's covered in thorns so I let it do what it wants to! LOL The front of our home is being taken over by things! I'm rarely ever in the front so I don't see it! It needs a major re-do! I really don't care right now! It will get done one of these days! Little by little there's improvements around here! If someone driving by doesn't like the looks of it? Then they can come clean it up! It's not bad looking! It's just not kept in perfect order! It's not a jungle! LOL At least I haven't seen Tarzan flying thru the trees! YET!

TOD
Old 04-28-2015, 02:15 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Here's what it looked like last year! There's still a ton of blooms that will open up on this years blooming!

Here's a picture of the large pink roses the other rose bush produces!

TOD
Old 04-28-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hi guys, I'm not feeling so hot ( think I may have picked up a bug at my dd's house? ) But I just wanted to say hi. Hope everyone is having a good wk.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:39 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Oh no! KZ I'm so sorry to read this! I hope you get well soon! Lots of healthy vibes being sent your way! Does your daughter have kids? My kids will bring home anything and everything from school. Then it goes all around the house...one by one. We just recovered from strep throat a couple weeks ago.

Charley YAY!!!! HOOT HOOT!!!! Congrats to your daughters silver award! Awesome! Sorry hubby didn't go.

Butter so sorry you are depressed again. Please go to campus health clinic and talk to someone. Even though I know you have a real reason for feeling depressed you need to find ways to come out of it...to find value in living. IMHO. Therapy helps with that.

TOD I love your rose bush! Beautiful! Mine are no different than they were the day I planted them.... Nearly a year ago. Lol
I do have some climbing rose bushes that were NOT planted by me that are doing very well though. I haven't figured out if I have no green thumb or a little one? But I'm not giving up yet! Lol Will put lots of Dova fertilizer and coffee grounds in the soil then wait a while longer. But for every plant I kill I make up for in cookies. Spend last night baking the best darn Nextle Toll House cookies I've ever made in my life. I've learned that only "real" butter (sorry Butter) will do!

Alfor and Blue missing you guys and hoping for your return on our thread. You guys have been the best of friends to me.

Alright, it's a beautiful spring day here on the island. Will head out to the yard in just a few. Lots of spring cleaning needed here. TOD Tarzan might not be at your place...but he could very well show up at mine. I have lots of broken sticks and leftover foliage from years gone by. Plus weeds galore. Ugh. Definitely, have my work cut out for me. Keep reminding myself that I've risen to the ranks of "Home Owner". Which is a GOOD thing. Ha!
Old 04-28-2015, 11:36 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Tod those are the most gorgeous roses ever! And I love that you do nothing to care for them, that's my kind of plant! LOL my brown thumb kills everything. Beautiful!

Butter, Clean is right. Maybe a counselor could help you figure things out? Please take care of yourself.

Kz, hope you are feeling better soon!

Clean, you have roses too? I am jealous! Plus you have Tollhouse cookies? argh! LOL!

Today is my birthday, DD and H surprised me at work - they delivered flowers to me! I was trying to keep it a secret but now everyone knows lol!

H has been texting me every morning since his Nyquil episode with this line: "Today I will not fight with you". Sounds juvenile and immature but it's working. Yesterday he told me it helps to keep him accountable, and that it makes him realize he needs to keep his head going in a certain direction and not go down those dark paths that lead him to the point where he feels the only way to alleviate his own darkness is to lash out. I thought that was pretty insightful. Either way, counseling starts again next week and it'll be interesting!

hope everyone has a good day! It's going to be about 72 F today, it's weird going outside and still seeing the snow left from the freak snowstorm we got last weekend with the record amount of snow for one day! Takes a long time to melt that much, but strange to go out with no coat and see snowbanks! LOL
Old 04-28-2015, 02:08 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

It's a gorgeous 70F out, and I spent my break outside! I know that's probably a cold snap for Tod and Blue and Allfor, lol, but I love it. How strange to see people walking around with mini skirts, shorts and, in one case, two guys with no shirts, while there are still snowbanks half the height of me! LOL!