It's all about me Part 5

Old 05-25-2015, 02:12 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Happy Anniversary, Tod!!

Hi all I hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend. It's a regular work day for us here, but my replacement started today - woohoo - and I've already managed to move some work on to her desk! She's all excited to start, and I'm all excited to get rid of some of this extra work

Good weekend here, we had beautiful weather - 82 again today - and got all my flowers planted, including my roses! Can't wait for them to take root, they already had some blooms on them so I'm hoping that continues.

We also moved my mom into her new condo this weekend. She had sold her house, it was too much for her by herself and she gets so depressed in the winter that it became overwhelming for her this year. This condo is smaller with a lot more light, and she's already loving it.

Started counseling again this morning, I walked in and said that the day was far too nice to be inside, and he suggested a walk by the river. Well you don't have to ask me twice! We had a great walk by the river for 45 minutes, and a great conversation. It seems that "not caring" is working, it's not that I don't care, it's that I'm no longer buying into his dramatics, and the fragile ego I can't fix, so that's up to him. I can only do so much.

Ahhh, I LOVE summer

Old 05-25-2015, 09:31 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Thanks everyone!
And thank you for the Anniversary wishes!

I'm tired! Went to my older sisters today for a cook out! On the way home this evening we got caught in the middle of the out flow from a tornado passing close by! The wind and rain hitting our truck was really bad! There were limbs down all over the place! The winds were blowing 40+ MPH!

We reached home and Jethro told me to go in and grab Maria and Molly! I threw my rain coat on! Grabbed the two girls up against my chest and closed my coat! I made a rush back to the truck in the storm and off we drove! Both girls were shivering with fright! Once in the truck I pulled Molly out and put her in the middle of the seat and covered her up! I sat Maria down beside Molly and covered her up! At one point she decided to poke her head out to lay her head on my leg!

We are now getting hammered with heavy rain! There is flood warnings out all over the place and lots of ppl w/o power right now!

It's getting late! I'm going to get the kids put to bed and I'm not far behind them!

Will catch up on the posts later!

TOD

Old 05-26-2015, 05:05 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Wow TOD! Hope you guys are ok!!
Old 05-26-2015, 10:26 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Charley I'm glad your replacement is there! Yay! Relief for you! I'm loving the summer too! When are kids out for the summer in your area?

It's been super hot and humid here. Highs in the upper 80's. But not enough rain. The lawns are becoming brown and dry....except those that water them regularly. Crazy how some areas are flooded and some drought. Blue I watched a segment on the news about how Californian's are digging up their lawns and putting in the kind that they use in Arizona and other desert states. But some are saying, "No Way!!!" That would be like giving up the American dream. I can imagine it would be very hard to part with it. But more than that....what about the squirrels and the groundhogs that live in the yards? What would happen to them? Makes me sad thinking about them.

Ok...well, as you can tell, by what's on my mind, I spend most of yesterday in my yard. Hubs and I grabbed the entire family out to help mow and clean it up....ready it for the summer. A huge job but looks so much nicer now!

TOD I'm worried about you. After reading your post this morning....I checked out your state and tornadoes and came up with one county that had a tornado on the ground at that moment! Idk if it's your county though. (Yell county) I hope I have the wrong county! But, they were talking about a person's property that had lots of animals and power tools on it! OMG....just reminded me of yours! But surely I'm wrong about it!?!
Old 05-26-2015, 11:09 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Yikes Tod! I hope you are ok! You've had your fair share of nasty weather this year ... is this a normal year for you or have there been more this year?

Clean, we're really dry too. Gorgeous warm weather but we could use a thunderstorm. Something about thunderstorms that get the plants and trees really green, the sulfur I think? Good job getting the yard all ready ... we're still dragging our heels on that! I got all my flowers planted but H needs to mow, really badly, and he's not wanting to for some reason. We're going to start attracting ticks if it gets any longer! And ewww, ticks completely freak me out, so i'll be on him to get that grass mowed!

School isn't out for us until the end of June. Different in the States I know, at least when we were in SoDak school ended just around the May long weekend. But we go until June here, and go back after Labour Day in Sept. How about your kids? DD is spending the majority of her summer first working at an interdenominational camp she's attended for a few years now, and then the last week of August as a camper. She loves it there, and she really feels close to God there, and then during the year she's part of a youth group of kids who have all gone there, I'm so happy she has them.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:18 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Hey charley good to see you here! I was feeling lonely! Ours are out end of June too. The rest of US are out about now, but here in NY not until almost July. Ours go back first week in September. But maybe our kids have more days off throughout the year? We observe both Christian and Jewish holidays here in New York. Not sure what the reason is exactly...just speculation. Lol

So happy that your DD is a part of that camp group. I'll bet she really enjoys it! My youngest will go to camp this year. She is very excited! First she will go to a science camp for a week. (That she was selected by her teacher) Then camp Helen Keller which happens to be located on my older daughter' college campus. (This one is a camp for the visually impaired. They will swim and go on trips and play games and sports. She is not used to physical exercise because she is not allowed to go for gym. They are always worried she'll get hurt) That will go on for 5 weeks. So her summer is pretty busy. I just hope she likes it that way...because she usually gets very lazy during the summer. Lol I'm panicking! First time she will be away most of the summer! Yikes!
Old 05-26-2015, 11:51 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Oh one more thing! Don't worry about my yard being all fixed. We still have planting to do. It was just that no one was attending to the lawn to cut it and trim the bushes and clean it up of the many sticks that fell during the winter. Everyone else's was so neatly manicured because most of the people around here pay the lawn care people....like Blue has...to do it for them. We just don't think we have the extra money to pay them each week. They are not that expensive here....if I start working I will pay for it... Just to avoid the headache of trying you get the "men" of my household to mow it. Ha! Yes...I know I'm being a female chauvinist. But some habits are hard for me to break...like my belief that certain jobs are men's jobs....taking out the garbage, washing the car, and lawn work. Unfortunately, they don't see it that way...and it looks like I end up doing all those jobs anyway...so much for my beliefs.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:45 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi Charley and Cleanin!

I couldn't help but laugh at Cleanin's comment about not doing a "MAN'S" job! You would have never made it in the Army! Cleaning army trucks/vehicles was a constant every day event for myself! Cleaning weapons all the time too! Pushing lawnmowers and riding lawnmowers used all over base too! Doing a 14 hour trash pick up around the Company's campsites. Gross Gross Gross! Oh I could go on and on about the "MEN'S" jobs I had to do! LOL Be like Blue! Give it your all! You aren't working right now so take advantage of the FREE time to do things out of your norm!

Charley: We are okay here! Heavy rain is all we got here! We were driving home in the storm. I was keeping an eye on the wall cloud for any tornados that were dropping down. Jethro's Ham radio was repeatedly going off with spotters reporting what they were seeing. His tank of a truck kept us on the road and plowing thru the water and wind!
>>>>I KNOW you're happy to have the extra help in the office now? LOL You now have some breathing room!
>>>>You're way ahead on getting those flowers in the ground! Well both of you are! LOL I dug up a bucket of flowers from next door over a year ago! The bucket is still under the house! Being a night Owl doesn't get a lot of things done! Being in a slump due to weight gain and a painful back doesn't leave me wanting to do a whole lot either! Things I have to work past and thru! And I will do it! Slowly changing things will get it done! Nothing major is done quickly! I know that! Getting back on days is a start!

Cleanin: Check your emails!

I got a call today from the zoo! Spoke with a different person than last week. They will take ALL beef products! YAY! No pork though! The hamburger meat will go to the big cats! I'm so happy I don't have to waste all that meat in my freezer! And it will also feed the zoo animals for a few days! Maybe I'll ask for a couple of free admission tickets for my grand daughter and my mom to visit the zoo? GD is supposed to come spend time with mom this summer! That would give them something to do!

Gotta scoot!

TOD
Old 05-26-2015, 01:32 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

I missed a lot!

Its great your replacement is there and excited to learn your old job Charley! Slide the work over there! I hope it eases up some for you, but at the same time it was good timing to keep your mind on work, and your career. How cool you could walk and do your session!

I dont think Id like to live where there are so many tornadoes. Your having lots of storms this year Tod. Is it normal? for being determined and getting meat to the zoo animals. Isnt it cool to think a tiger or lion may eat food straight from your freezer! I think so!

Dont the other chicks get upset when you leave some behind and take a couple out in the truck? Or they dont like to travel?

Oh Clean! We did outside work over the holiday too. We worked on our garden. I had groudhogs eat most my broccoli and we decided to redo the garden. I pulled up some plants to reset, we plowed up all the garden again. Yes! I got to use the rototiller! I will send you a pic of it Tod. Mr Blue did most of it, and I walked around making sure it was clear of frogs. But I had to get in on tilling the earth just a little. (And he got dirt in his shoes) Then we had weeds and grass to pull out and put for compost. Im going to plant some new to go with the old and we are going to try to better protect the broccoli and squash. Im going to plant some more in the woods garden just for the animals. They eat theirs and then want ours. Mr Blue said are you sure you dont want to go to whole foods, or the farmers market instead of all this work, and he added if we get fined for water then its going to be some expensive greens this year. But its fun and I enjoy it!

But I hurt my knee. Not sure if it was working or playing tho. So be careful with your yard work Clean!

5 weeks for the one camp. This will be exciting for her! I bet it will be hard for you! Your littlest one, showing her independence. She mY not be used to the physical activity though. She may require more food and cookies to keep up her stamina.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:14 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi Blue: Hell yeah I've been determined to find someone to use the meat to feed animals! LOL I was to the point of trying to find a semi truck with a cooler trailer going to Alaska! I was going to see if the driver would take the meat to the sled dogs! My persistence at times drives Jethro NUTS!

So your problem is hedgehogs! We don't have them around here! But there's plenty of other critters to do a garden in if we were to plant one! Turtles, rabbits, deer, etc. And that's if the bugs or worms don't eat it up first! I'll go to the street corners and buy from the ppl that bring produce there! A lot cheaper! A whole lot less work too!

I'm working in the porch room! I'm going thru stuff and putting it in containers! Lots of nuts, bolts, screws, nails, etc. They are thrown into every kind of container imagineable! Sigh! Jethro is piled up on the couch watching TV, reading his newspaper and trying to breathe! I'm not going to ask if he's taken a pain pill! I'm like Charley! I don't care anymore! Well I do care, but it's way past my time and efforts to get him to try things that would help him in so many ways! So if he wants to continue suffering? That's his own doing! I also had a conversation with my sister's BF yesterday about his drinking! I should have talked to the dogs. I'd probably gotten a better response!

Cleanin I've had to take over doing a lot of things around here due to Jethro's unwillingness to do it himself! You should see his bedroom! It's stacked wall to wall with stuff! The livingroom still has stuff stacked by the front door that needs to go bye bye! I guess it's up to me to make the call again for the pickup! The last appointment for pickup was canceled due to Jethro having surgery on his wrist that day. The rain has kept me from making another one as well as being a night Owl! I don't know why Jethro wants me awake during the day? He knows I make things happen around here and it usually pizzes him off!

Jethro's tools, saws, electrical plugs, battery chargers, etc., also needs to be moved out of here! I have to make a space in my barn first though in order to move it all to there! Lots of work around here! I have to keep telling myself it's MY home too and he needs to respect that! I don't want to live in clutter and filth! I noticed the new neighbors have been sitting outside on their front porch. It's probably because they don't want to look at the mess over here! I can't blame them! I don't like looking at it myself!

Well I better get back to it!

TOD
Old 05-26-2015, 03:32 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Sorry Blue: I forgot to give you an answer on this question!

Dont the other chicks get upset when you leave some behind and take a couple out in the truck? Or they dont like to travel?

Maria and Molly are afraid of storms! Especially the rolling thunder or the thunder that is so loud it's like dropping a huge bomb on the house with the way the floors rumble underneath their feet! Maria has been afraid of them for years! Molly just recently started being afraid of them.

We've had lightening surges hit close to the house twice now! It took out our Central Air system a few years ago. The 2nd one fried several of the fans, lights and extension cords. It also fried the automatic gate opener too! A lot of expensive things to replace! Of course the electricity goes off too and the girls don't understand what has happened!

Magnum is also afraid of thunder and fireworks! He crawls underneath the table saw on the porch to endure them! I give him my valium on the 4th of July! It helps him to ride out the festivities in a more milder way!

TOD
Old 05-26-2015, 05:16 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Okay I'm here TOD. LOL But I have to say, it'll be hard for me to keep up!
Especially with ms yorkie here at work!
Old 05-26-2015, 06:46 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Welcome Welcome Munch! Glad you joined us! You have a lifetime of stuff that can be shared here with your Recovery and family issues! Not many of us catch up with each others stories! We talk mainly about our day to day stuff! You'll do fine here!

I just came inside after spending an hour outside with the little Silkies! Jethro is still perched on the couch! Other than getting up to eat supper, I cooked, or to go to the bathroom? That's where he's been all day! I even suggested he wash dishes since I cooked! He said: "You got enough training last night on the larger amount, you can handle the little bit tonight!" So I washed dishes after bringing the little ones inside!

I have those days too, so I'm not going to fuss at him! But it's usually after a hard days work the day before! We were at my sister's yesterday relaxing! See Cleanin! We women can DO IT ALL! LOL

I have the original Army motto: "Be all you can be!" Right Munchkin? I know you picked some of that up from your hubby's years in the Army!

How is Alaska's weather right now? I know you're planting veggies and fruit trees! The ladies here have planted gardens and flowers! I'm still needing to do the flower planting! Something is eating the leaves off my Peace Lilly too! I sprayed it again with Permethrin! I got the plant from my dad's funeral! Don't want to see it getting eaten up!

TOD
Old 05-26-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by munchkin05 View Post
Okay I'm here TOD. LOL But I have to say, it'll be hard for me to keep up!
Especially with ms yorkie here at work!
I told you what to do about that yapping woman at your job! LOL

Sorry about your mom and dad divorcing also! I don't blame you one bit for not allowing her to live with y'all! Your son has already mentioned she drinks too much! Especially too with you having three years sober from drinking! Congrat's on that!

I've got an older show of Alaska State Troopers recorded that was on earlier today! You live in a beautiful state! A few movies I've missed are also set for recording later tonight! Thank goodness DVR has fast forwarding on it! LOL

TOD
Old 05-26-2015, 09:11 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Thanks TOD..
Just got back from our hoa meeting, getting things done but very tiring, as a result, I'm pooped. They voted in to have another 4 officers, I'm one now. And I'm on the energy conservation board. fun fun.
So I'm off to go take a very UNconserving hot bath in my super soaker tub, with a very entertaining book (Kitchen Chinese if you're curious)
I feel like I'm going to fall over.
Still here, still sober.
Old 05-26-2015, 09:14 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by munchkin05 View Post
Thanks TOD..
Just got back from our hoa meeting, getting things done but very tiring, as a result, I'm pooped. They voted in to have another 4 officers, I'm one now. And I'm on the energy conservation board. fun fun.
So I'm off to go take a very UNconserving hot bath in my super soaker tub, with a very entertaining book (Kitchen Chinese if you're curious)
I feel like I'm going to fall over.
Still here, still sober.
Woman! You're going to have your plate overflowing with all you're involved in! Geeeeeezzzzz

Is this book about cooking or does it have to do with your new role on the conservation board?

TOD
Old 05-27-2015, 01:44 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Hello and Welcome Munchkin. Looks like you are an animal lover too.. Yorkies at work.. excellent. I have pets too.. a sick kitty right now who is going to be undergoing treatment for a cancer on the leg right away. Nice to have you here, and don't worry about catching up with everyone.. just post at your own speed.

Did everyone have a nice holiday? We had a lot going on. I did a lot of cleaning in prep for people to come over Monday. We had a lot of fun, but it left me exhausted. But now the week is almost half over and another weekend will soon arrive.

Looks like a lot of us were cleaning, working in the yard and gardens. Working with plants is actually good therapy so Ive heard.. watching things grow and being part of the process.

Good job on getting the meat out of your freezer TOD. Are you close to the zoo in your area? I love going to the zoo and now with my son I have an excuse to go.. I hope we can go this summer... Id also like to take him to an ocean park.. I know there is debate on some of these because of the Orcas, but they also have dolphins and sealions.. I will have to look into it a little more I guess. There is still Hershey Pennsylvania but I think its too far.. LOL

Your kids are going to busy this summer Cleanin... camp is for the day only Im assuming.. your daughter will come home at night I hope. I don't think I am at a place where I would be able to send my son away anywhere for evenings at this point.. family is ok, but you know what I mean. I hope she has fun and is able to do lots of activities, meet some nice kids her age and make new friends.

Charley - happy you are doing ok.. it must be nice to have one job now instead of two.. probably still some training you need to do.. you have been through a lot with work in these last few months..

Maria looks cute under her blankie. My kitty is here on a snuggly blankey too at the moment.. I will fall out of favor as soon as we start trips to the vet. but have to do it. Im writing all my animal news here .. LOL .. just on my mind right now I guess.
Old 05-27-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by allforcnm View Post
Hello and Welcome Munchkin. Looks like you are an animal lover too.. Yorkies at work.. excellent. I have pets too.. a sick kitty right now who is going to be undergoing treatment for a cancer on the leg right away. Nice to have you here, and don't worry about catching up with everyone.. just post at your own speed.

Did everyone have a nice holiday? We had a lot going on. I did a lot of cleaning in prep for people to come over Monday. We had a lot of fun, but it left me exhausted. But now the week is almost half over and another weekend will soon arrive.

Looks like a lot of us were cleaning, working in the yard and gardens. Working with plants is actually good therapy so Ive heard.. watching things grow and being part of the process.

Good job on getting the meat out of your freezer TOD. Are you close to the zoo in your area? I love going to the zoo and now with my son I have an excuse to go.. I hope we can go this summer... Id also like to take him to an ocean park.. I know there is debate on some of these because of the Orcas, but they also have dolphins and sealions.. I will have to look into it a little more I guess. There is still Hershey Pennsylvania but I think its too far.. LOL

Your kids are going to busy this summer Cleanin... camp is for the day only Im assuming.. your daughter will come home at night I hope. I don't think I am at a place where I would be able to send my son away anywhere for evenings at this point.. family is ok, but you know what I mean. I hope she has fun and is able to do lots of activities, meet some nice kids her age and make new friends.

Charley - happy you are doing ok.. it must be nice to have one job now instead of two.. probably still some training you need to do.. you have been through a lot with work in these last few months..

Maria looks cute under her blankie. My kitty is here on a snuggly blankey too at the moment.. I will fall out of favor as soon as we start trips to the vet. but have to do it. Im writing all my animal news here .. LOL .. just on my mind right now I guess.
Lol well I do like animals, but no I don't have a Yorker really. I have a coworker, an older lady at work who yap yap taps like a little Yorker so I call her the Yorkie. Not very nice I know. 😦 I have just a cat and that's all. Don't have time for much else (unless it was backyard chickens or honey bees!). For me, really early into my sobriety, camping did it for me. I was already gardening when I was still drinking but camping and hiking helped me really well. Getting away from people (other than hubby and son), enjoying watching wildlife, being in a completely new environment, and also we chose places that didn't allow alcohol anyways. Helped me maintain my sobriety, my sense of calm, keep my bp down, and find my way back on to the right path. 😀
Old 05-27-2015, 08:09 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Clean, how wonderful for your daughter and for you!! What an awesome way to keep her busy all summer, help with great self esteem, and give you a bit of a break too I'm so excited for her!!

Munchkin, welcome! I'm Charley. I have been married for 20 years this summer, have two kids - DD who just turned 16, and DS will be 3 next month. Yup, big age gap, and they keep me busy My hubby is an alcoholic for 10 years now. He quit at Christmas and it's been bumpy but hopeful getting better. We live in Canada and it'll be nice to have someone here who's even further north than me

Hi everyone! Hope all is well
Old 05-27-2015, 09:05 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good Morning Folks!

LOL Allfor thinking yorkie is a dog! Oh MY! She's our late late night poster Munchkin! She has a little boy and a baby on the way! She and I used to see who could post before the other due to my night Owl self! Not anymore! I'm back on daytime hours so she's on her own out there!

Blue: You're just full of interesting news! Aren't you? Glad hubby now knows you are a part of this lovely group! Glad y'all had so many days off from work together too! We now have a young squirrel hanging out in the front yard! Maria fusses at it when she's on the back of the couch looking out the window!

Cleanin: I can just imagine the excitement your girls have at this time over going to camp! Especially your younger one! It is so nice she's now a part of the blind school and is eligible for all they have to offer!

Charley: How much is DD(Deardaughter) getting to drive the car now that she has her license? My parent's gave me their spare car when I got my license! You ready for this? It was a white Gremlin! I drove the crap out of that car! It was a little tank on four wheels! Due to not doing so well in school though! Mom said I couldn't get the title to it until I graduated! I'd have to say that's what made me knuckle down and finish school! Thank you Mom for being so strong when I needed it! I'm a smart person! I just hated going to school!

Kz is five days away from joining us again! It sucks when there's more month than money!

I was standing in the kitchen a few minutes ago when I hear Marvin and Magnum going at each other on the porch! I ran out on the porch and saw poor Magnum hiding in his dog house! Marvin was standing in front of it! I grabbed a paper sack laying near by and hit Marvin's butt while fussing at him all the way off the porch! Marilyn is in the egg laying box and Marvin was standing in front of it. Magnum wanted off the porch and Marvin wouldn't let him pass! ARGH! It's like two teenage boys going at each other all the time around here!

The flooding in Texas is truly sad! Too many lives lost because of it! I watched River Monster Unhooked last night! He was in Canada fishing for a killer fish! Truly scary seeing what he pulled up out of the water!

TOD