It's all about me Part 4

Old 04-17-2015, 03:23 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Hi guys, Rob's taking a lil nap right now, but we had a fantastic day together! We spent all afternoon outside just talking & enjoying the beautiful weather.
They give him suboxine & valium at detox & it usually takes a few days to wear off, so he's always in a great mood during these days.
His flight is scheduled to leave at 1:30 tomorrow & will arrive in Georgia @ 9pm. The rehab said the average stay is 3wks...hopefully that will be long enough, but his attitude is much better than it has been in the past.
Ty for the book recommendation, Blue. I didn't know there was a book review thread. I have an online used book store that I often order from, so I'll check to see if they have it there ( if not, there's always Amazon. )
Tod, I'm glad you found a great way to "recycle" those curtains lol. I'm sorry Jethro is still taking those pills.
Charlie, Thx a lot for your support.
Clean, where are you?
How's everyone's day going?
Old 04-17-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Clean: Cooking? What's that? I know I'm highly allergic to it though! LOL

Charley: How are you? It's Friday! We all know how the weekends go for y'all! I'm crossing my fingers and toes hoping everything is peaceful!

Kz: So Rob is headed closer to us tomorrow! Cool! Still hundreds of miles away though! It's very green in our area! So hopefully it is in GA as well? I posted a couple of pics on the AP!
.....I have the valium to take for dentist appt's only. It does nothing but knock me out! Keeps me calmed down in the dentist chair and then after I get home? Goodnight! I sleep for hours! Even in the car on the way home? Jethro is putting a hand on my shoulder to sit me back up straight! LOL I don't see how ppl function day to day on those things!

Jethro was stretched out on the couch when I walked inside at 4:00! I asked him: "What are you doing?" He said: "I'm holding down the couch and Maria's holding down the top of it. It's trying to float away!" I said: "You know? For an entire week you were active, getting things done, pleasant to be around and NOW? You're just laying around not doing much of anything? What happened?" Well of course I know what happened, but I didn't want to get in that argument again!

Well! Time to do the chicken thing I do every evening!

TOD
Old 04-17-2015, 04:20 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Hi all. Just a quick note, I'll be offline for the weekend. I hope everyone has a great couple of days
Old 04-17-2015, 04:27 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by PinkCloudsCharley View Post
Hi all. Just a quick note, I'll be offline for the weekend. I hope everyone has a great couple of days

Say What?
Old 04-17-2015, 04:46 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Lol Tod no worries. Weekends are rough for me and I don't want to jinx that. I just want a nice calm weekend. So I'm going to stay offline and I'll be back on Monday.
Old 04-17-2015, 05:29 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Ok...I'm back! Charley I hope you aren't staying away on account of me....cause I'm going to stay off so I don't react. You can come here. You are the one who needs the support in those rough times....I don't. Everything is pretty much settled in my life. (Now I hope I didn't jinx it by saying that!) ha!
Old 04-17-2015, 09:18 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Wow Butter! I had nothing but good things to say in my post to you! I guess the reason I said them? You were on a computer talking to ppl in a conversation about drug addictions! I felt it was sad to see a young woman w/o any addictions talking to me and others about opiates and addictions! That's why I said it would be nice to be reading things from you in reference to going out instead of answering DRUG questions for you!

Talk about taking an entire post and looking at it negatively! Sorry you took everything so wrongly!
Well,it's hard not to take it wrong when someone criticizes someone else's life, based on a handful of posts on a internet plattform. My point is, that i really can't see how you get those ideas, so i can't understand your point. Especially, I cannot understand how you make the connection between me engaging in one conversation and me spending my whole day on the computer/one here. I'm sorry, but i really don't see and it and I would really like to know how you came to that conclusion.
I honestly thought the discussion we had the day before yesterday was very interesting, especially because I come from a different point of view, and not everything is black or white. You say it's sad that i'm here? I'm sorry, you feel that way, because I am not sad about it. Yes the last year was extremely hard, but looking back I learned a lot from it. I guess being in love with someone who is addicted to drugs, has an influence on how you perceive/think about addiction. I always wanted to know more about it, I always wanted to understand it, also from a scientific point of you. That's what I'm trained at. Look at all the facts, bring them together and then analyze it. So yes, I'm actually interested in that topic, because it has so many sides to it. I am not going to pretend the thing with B didn't happen. It happened, maybe i would do things differently now, but since I made this experience, i'm glad i made it.
Most of the time, this thread has been funny and entertaining, so i actually enjoyed coming here and talking to my friends. That's why I am still here. If I feel i can relate to something/help someone i respond, if not i leave it, i share if I have something to share with you all and leave it if don't or am too busy. And i think, i haven't asked a drug question in a very long time.
So i didn't mean to be rude, i just really can't see your point and yeah, if i'm criticized for something, i'd like to understand why.
Old 04-18-2015, 12:30 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Hello Everyone,

Hope you are all sleeping

TOD am I wrong, or are you staying up more in the daytime now? You used to be more a SR night owl but Im seeing lots of daytime posts. I hope this is a good sign things are going well.

Sorry to hear about Jethro. Im going to go to AP next and hope there is an update on Marvin and Marilyn.

Your daughter sounds like you in a lot of ways.. once she makes up her mind and gets focused on something..she is a force to be reckoned with. Selling their house is a big move though. Do they want to stay in the same area? I think I missed part of the conversation.

I thought the conversation the other day was interesting. I felt there were lots of good points and views.

Butter I understand your interest in the topic, and it also looks like you have other people in your life who are not addicted but who do have chronic issues that require medication. I think its good to know the signs and keep informed myself. I want to keep up to date in case my husband might have a future issue, and I also like to keep up to date on research, advances in treatments, and also there is a lot of prevention that is talked about among professionals.. and I always keep my son in mind, one day he will be a teen .. thankfully not for a while, but I want to remain educated so I can be the best parent possible.. My point is that I appreciate everyone's input here. Im happy you post, and share with us.

Charley, I hope your weekend is peaceful. I was joking about jinxing it last weekend.. but yet there are times in my own life I did question if there was a curse. LOL But if you need to vent.. just say.. Im posting and I need to vent so just listen but don't worry about replying.. Sometimes we need different things, different times...

There were a lot of applicants for the position you just filled. I think you said where you work is known to be a really good place. Im thrilled for you

LOL Blue.. your husband sounds like a deep thinker, just like you. And I mean this as a compliment. My husband and I have been talking about all kinds of things since we found out about the new baby. How is the direction of out lives going? What do we need to do to prepare for having 2 kids... right now the worries feel endless, but I hope it passes soon.

Cleanin, are you really taking the weekend off? I think you should take the weekend off at home... make it a weekend for you. Its been so busy at your house the last couple of months.. the kids have been sick, and you had a hard week also with your Dr appt.. lets see a report on Monday that says you did something special just for you..

KZ - its really nice to have you here with us. And you have experience with chickens too.. TOD has been trying to educate me for a while now.. I hope we can move one day and have something like a small hobby farm. Right now we just have a dog, cats, and a grand-daddy spider who took up residence in our bathroom, and our son has decided hes part of the family.. I guess he is.. as hes been there for over a year. LOL My son is 3... and as you can see; he runs our house.

Im happy to hear you and your husband had a good day today. Not much turnaround time for him to head off to rehab.. but it will be a good memory for both of you. I think people are motivated to change through positive and negative reinforcements.. we all need to have things to look forward to. If its ok, I will send up a prayer that his rehab goes well & will lead to lasting change.

Our church is having their rummage sale coming up soon. Im going to be helping to sort things for a while tomorrow. The proceeds go to help with the kids youth camp, and also outings for adults, and the senior program. Im also hoping to find some like new baby things; although I have most of what I need because I kept all our sons things... and of course some new toys for him.. and maybe even some maternity clothes.. we will see. Last year I found the neat Rooster pitcher.. do you remember TOD? I still have it.

I hope I didn't miss anyone. I haven't heard from Eyes either, or seen her post on SR in a long time. Thinking of you Eyes...
Old 04-18-2015, 01:04 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi Allfor: Yes I remember the Rooster pitcher! LOL There are tons of stuff with chicken references out there! I got a cute little rooster years ago that rocks back and forth when you touch it. It's gold with crystals! I sent a friend from SR a picture with some of our eggs in it, sitting in a wire chicken frame basket on top of grass. I also sent her a wooden envelope holder with chicken wire on the back of it. She used it for decoration in her kitchen!

Girl my hours are always changing! There's no telling when you'll see me on here! LOL Even my daughter has learned to just send me a text and I'll call her back when I get up. Or she'll try to catch me in the early hours in the morning before I go to bed.

I just came in from being outside with Molly for an hour! That Mocking bird is still singing and mimmicking everything. It started about two weeks ago and hasn't stopped! I'll be glad when it finds a mate so it will shut up! Two days ago there was a blue bird on top of the multiple holed bird box in the dog pen! It was knocking repeatedly on the roof of it with it's beak. Nobody came out to play though! LOL

TOD
Old 04-18-2015, 03:52 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Hi y'all,
Just checkin in to say I hope everyone's wkend is going okay?
We saw Rob off at the airport today & then my son & I went out to lunch & shopping w/the in-laws.
Allfor, will take all the prayers you want to send our way. Thx so much!
Tod, how are the chickys doing today? Has jethro been behaving today?
A big HELLO to everyone else too!
Old 04-18-2015, 10:54 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

It's been a heavy rainy day here! Worse weather coming tomorrow! I've done as little as possible! LOL Roosting in my chair watching TV! I watched a movie called: "Let's be Cops"! It's so funny! I had a lot of laughter from it! There was one point where one of the guys got slapped by a woman! Right at that exact moment? Marilyn hits the door trying to climb up it to come inside! Talk about a double whammy? Jethro said we need to check the pit area if her egg isn't in her cage in here when we let her outside! He found an egg in the pit today!

On the weather channel today? There was a woman in CA being interviewed about having their pool removed from their backyard in order to save water! Between hiring someone to remove the pool and then get fill dirt to fill the hole? They paid around $1500.00's! Ouch! I would have removed the ladder and anything above the pool line and then filled it in with dirt and gravel! Save the money!

I grew up in an area where my family saved the water too! We had well water! The old saying used was: "If it's yellow? Let it mellow! If it's brown? Flush it down!" LOL The pee pee paper was put in the trash can and then went to the burn barrel! Jethro put tanks inside the toilet tanks here in order to use less water too! You can also set a 2 liter bottle filled with water inside the tank to reduce the amount of water it takes to fill it up!

Kz: Sounds like you had a full day! Sure hope Rob wasn't stuck on that plane for seven hours? I'd have climbed the walls!

Jethro is still pill head Jethro! I've avoided him as much I could! He picked up the 4-wheeler and go cart from my cousin's this morning! He'd been on the couch and on the phone until real late from the time I got up until just a few minutes ago when he went to bed! He was talking real slow and didn't seem with it. It saddens me but also makes me sooo damned angry! My love for him is on a yo yo! I feel like it's slowly dying and I wonder if I can continue bouncing back with the love each time he isn't popping pills? Because when I see he's using the pills again? It just deflates me! How many more bounce backs do I have in myself? This is what I'm wondering!

Allfor: I missed answering part of your post! My daughter is a lot meeker than I am! She gets walked on a lot! I always boost her up and tell her she can do whatever she feels she needs to do to get things accomplished! Along with a ton of suggestions and idea's! Once I've got her to that level? Then look out!

She told her husband they WERE selling the house in order to get out of that school zone and the area! She wants to move closer to her job also! She's driving one hour each way. It's wearing her out! Both kids are in sports, girl scouts and boy scouts too! Hubby isn't home that often so it all falls on her to get the kids to everything! They've already contacted a Realtor to come visit with them. The house will go on the market next month!

TOD
Old 04-19-2015, 02:34 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

I am later than TOD.. ??? what are we all doing up so late on a Saturday night? LOL

KZ, I hope your husband arrived safely & was able to call you. Its wonderful you and your son could go out with the inlaws & spend time together; you must have a close relationship. I hope you are able to rest well this evening.

Prayers are going ^^ Up

Looks like everyone has been outside enjoying warm weather today? Except for TOD.. it rained?

Your daughter has a long drive. I can understand with kids, school systems, driving.. life would be easier if things were more convenient.

We are watching movies earlier, but I wanted to drop in real quick. I was thinking how hard it was when my husband first went away for his treatment KZ.. so I wanted to let you know I was thinking about you.
Old 04-19-2015, 05:37 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Allfor, I've actually switched from having been a very late night owl my entire life to having an internal alarm clock waking me up between 7-7:30am every morning. I didn't like it at all at 1st ( stuck in my ways lol. ) But now, I'm really beginning to love getting up early.

Tod, I'm so sorry about Jethro. It sounds like he's poppin more than 1 pill at a time now, since he seems outta it. When Rob's outta it, he's talks to me constantly & my responses are uh huh, yep, nope, all w/lilttle emotion. I start shutting down when he's using.
As far as yo yo love, I know exactly what you mean. I did this w/my 1st husband ( & feel like it's beginning to happen w/Rob too, to a certain extent. ) By the end of 8yrs., the 1st husband was a full blown alcoholic & coke addict. I couldn't stand him in the end. With Rob it's a bit different because we had 20 good yrs before he became an H addict. We had ups & downs, of course, but our marriage was a good one for the most part. But, I have little patience w/bad behavior. I know I won't be able to live w/an addict for yrs. on end, even if it means I have to leave what I thought was going to be the home I was going to live in for the rest of my life.
Good for your daughter, Tod! You'd think her hubs would be on board to begin with?

Looks like it was a "movie" wkend! I watched Sergeant York last night. I love that old movie!

Allfor, yes, the in-laws, my son & I have a great relationship & I'm very thankful for that. However, they've been helping to bankroll Rob's addiction, so I'm going to have a little talk w/them while he's gone to ask them to plzzzz. stop giving him money.
Ty for your thoughts and prayers!

We've had gorgeous weather here in Mi. But it looks like that's all going to be changing, starting this evening w/rain & cold weather in the 50's uuhhgg lol!
Old 04-19-2015, 10:24 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Kzaug just wanted to pop in and let you know I'm thinking about you and Rob. I really hope he can get the motivation he needs to quit! 20 years together is nothing to sneeze at and would be so hard to loose. I couldn't imagine. Hubs and I have been together about 23 years now, too. I have an ex-husband too. He was an alcoholic. I agree I doubt I could tolerate active addiction for too long too. Not sure how hubby and my family put up with me....but I'm thankful they had the patience cause I know I wasn't easy to live with and be around. How you explained your husband reminds me of me. Boy could I chatter when on those pills. I was so excited and hyper. Weird.

Allfor I'm taking it easy, don't you worry. I've made it a priority to relax and enjoy my family more on weekends while everyone is home. I realize time flies by too quickly. So hard to believe my son is going into the 8th grade next year. Where did the time go? I'm sure being on pills didn't help.

Butter I have always been interested in pharmacology too. If I hadn't become addicted I probably would have been good at something to do with pharmacy because I can remember the various meds what the do and their side effects. I have interest in that. My bio Mom worked in a pharmacy and you know what my husband does right? So those topics are pretty common in my house. Ha!

Blue hope you're having a nice weekend. Don't get up to early to feed the squirrels.

TOD sorry about Jethro.

Charley please don't worry about checking in....we are here for you. I can shut-up most of the time.

I am trying to change all our habits from staying up too late at night to getting to bed early. My husband is complaining that he can't function well and forgets stuff at work. NOT GOOD!!! Because we all keep him awake at night. So true! It's hard to get adjusted though isn't it? I'm so tired just want to go back and lay down.
But I woke up and made chocolate chip pancakes for the kids and strawberry /nuts for us....with powdered sugar, syrup and whipped cream. Yummy! But very fattening. Ha!
Out hanging clothes again....but will probably crash soon. Lol
Old 04-19-2015, 02:25 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello Everyone!

I am later than TOD.. ??? what are we all doing up so late on a Saturday night? LOL

How is 12:54 AM later than 4:34 AM? I thought I was the one that had problems with math? ROFL I had already posted and crashed at 3:30 AM! I was probably sound asleep by the time you cruised in to post! You GOOF!

Yes it rained! But it's April! You know how the saying goes? March winds blows in April showers! I'll never complain about rain though!

Cleanin: I'm sure Charley is okay! Your post from the other day was only your way of showing your frustration of Charley and H's situation! I've actually grabbed my computer screen on the sides of it and shook it over things that has happened in Charley's home and others! LOL You're out spoken like I am! Be proud of that! We don't beat around the bush!

Kz: Jethro was sitting on the couch when I got up at 2:00 PM! I peep out the backdoor to see if the dog's heat bulb was turned off? Nope! I walk out on the porch and unplug it. (It's a sauna on the porch with it being 82 degrees)! I walk into the kitchen to turn my coffee pot on and head to the porch room to turn my computer on. My every day routine! The first words out of his mouth were: "I've already got Marilyn's egg!" I walk back inside and ask: "And that has what to do with turning my computer on?" (I mean! He knows my routine! Why would he think I was coming out here for an EGG?) I said it teasingly, but he took it wrong and now is hardly talking to me! DRUGS! ARGH!

He's outside working on the Go Cart! Well we all know that's more important than doing anything else that is more important! Like replacing my leaky bathroom faucet. We bought a new faucet over a year ago! Or a multitude of other things that needs fixing! (I can't wait to see how much money it's going to take to fix the 4-wheeler and Go Cart. He keeps forgetting HE isn't working and we are living off one check now)! He has a huge toolbox in the room here! He's in and out getting something out of it. Well of course I'm smoking in the SMOKE room! And he walks in the door where the exhaust fan is located on the same wall. So he starts waving his hand at the smoke. Whatever! I've tried hundreds of times to get him to move the damned tool box to his barn.

I no sooner sat down at my computer and I see ants crawling down the wall! ARGH! So I get up and go get the sprayer! I'm spraying in areas to get rid of them and he walks in! He doesn't say a word to me. Get's his tool and scoots back outside! I can see it's going to be one of those days!

We are under Severe Thunderstorm Watches right now until 8:00 tonight! I looked outside at Maria in her pen and saw something on the lumber pile that looked like a snake. It was slithering along a junk of wood and the tin pieces. CHIT! I ran outside to see what it was? It turned out to be the large slick brown lizard that lives in the lumber pile. Shew! I'm trying to get back to the house and Marilyn is constantly getting in the way! She's wanting treats! LOL I gave her and Marvin some bread!

I'm back after getting interrupted for an hour! Jethro needed my help picking the Go Cart up and moving it to another spot! Seriously! I'm strong, but not THAT strong! I couldn't budge it! I asked him why he didn't start the project on the other spot in the first place? He said: "I didn't think about it!" He ended up calling our new neighbor to come help him move it!

SO? I'm now going to fill the sprayer back up and go outside to spray around everything. I saw a line of ants going up the cedar tree beside the room here too! A freeway that needs to be stopped! We go thru gallons of ant spray here during the warm/hot seasons!

TOD
Old 04-19-2015, 06:54 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Had to jump in the truck with Molly and Maria in tow to head out an hour ago! They're both afraid of storms! The wind was blowing the rain in on us big time! It started spitting pea sized hail and then a good storm opened up above us. Then we had half dollar sized hail beating down on us as well! Jethro headed towards the bank to pull under the drive thru area. That wasn't possible due to it was already full with other vehicles avoiding the hail! The middle lane had a small car in it so he pulled right up behind it to get the cab covered!

There were trees up rooted, one car flipped over and a tree on a house!

Okay! Gotta leave again!

TOD
Old 04-19-2015, 08:45 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

OMG! BE Careful TOD!!!! praying for you!
Old 04-19-2015, 10:46 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Thanks Cleanin!

You know when it's dark? It's black outside! Well with the storm rolling in it was BLACK! With each lightening strike the clouds were moving fast across the sky and were so dark looking! It started raining and then the hail started beating down on us too! Maria and Molly were both growling non-stop! Molly was in the backseat on her ice pack covered up! I was holding Maria. She's always shook her head when someone talks. With the radio and Ham radio going she was beating my arm with her beak! I'd put my hand over her head and tell her to stop it! But as soon as I moved my hand? Back to shaking her head again she'd go! And wouldn't you know it? Marilyn does the same thing in her cage when we talk to her! LOL

After the 2nd storm ended? We went to Sonic to get something to eat. And yes I made sure Maria got some FF's! I gave Molly the rest of the meat off my sandwich! She's not to keen on FF's!

It rained so hard the ground is now puddles in the yard again! We have a couple of dry days before we have chances of rain again! The mosquitoes are going to be thick this summer with all the standing rain we've had. I try to keep the water drained in things, but it's impossible to get it all! They lay eggs in just a thimble sized puddle!

I'm catching up on watching my shows now! Jethro went to bed a little while ago. There's no telling when I'll go to bed! LOL

It's Monday again and folks go back to work in the morning! Hope everyone has a good day!!!!

TOD
Old 04-20-2015, 11:51 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're ok TOD. Maybe I asked this question and forgot the answer? But why do you guys run out into the storms? Does it have to do with Jethro's storm reporting? Growing up in tornado alley myself, we were taught that getting into a moving vehicle was very dangerous and probably the worse thing you could do. They had many TV ads telling us not to try to outrun the storms either. Which was why most of us had storm cellars or basements with a storm room. You don't have a cellar you guys could get into?

Allfor I love rummage sales. You can find lots of interesting stuff. What do they say? One man's garbage is another man's treasure?

Well, It's Monday again. Weekend is over.....back to the work week. I'm going to apply for some jobs today. But not much to report. Just one of those dark and stormy days....that makes me just want to crawl under the covers and sleep.

Oh...but there is one good thing to report! I'm 3 months Smoke Free! That's really amazing! Feeling proud today!
Old 04-20-2015, 11:58 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Wow, Tod, sounds like you had a very interesting weekend! I still have to say I love crazy weather, so I'm jealous ... i know that it can be devastating when you're faced with the aftermath of a horrible storm but all that rain and wind and lightning, i love it. I'm nuts, i know

Kz, good luck with your Rob and his rehab. I'm crossing my fingers this one does the trick for him.

I completely understand what you mean about yo-yo love. I'm going through that myself. It makes me feel like my love is so conditional, which at this point, i guess it is.

Weekend at our house was good. Last night there was a blip, but i changed the way i react, as in, i didn't. I kept my answers and my involvement to a minimum, which helped immensely. But even though we didn't fight and we didn't go down that regular weekend route, i still felt myself closing up and shutting down when he started to show signs of going down the wrong road. So yeah, yo-yo love is alive and well here lol! it's a work in progress, right? All is well again come morning tho and it was nice to wake up on a Monday and not have to do the whole "post fight analysis". It was nice to wake up, hear him say he recognized he was going down the wrong road, that he took steps to stop and thanked me for not reacting to it last night.

LOL Clean, i read your post "One man's garbage is another man's treasure" as "one man's garbage is another man's trousers". Thank goodness for Advil Cold & Sinus this morning, lol, my head is full of cotton and my sinus hurt. Darn spring colds!

CONGRATULATIONS on being 3 months clean of cigarettes! WOOOT WOOOOT!!