It's all about me Part 3

Old 02-24-2015, 02:03 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

I was going to ask ... does anyone here use essential oils? I'm thinking of getting some, and not sure where to start.
Old 02-24-2015, 03:40 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Im no expert but Id like to learn more. I have a couple but not currently using them. There is an art I havent mastered, and I totally stunk up the house! Its embarrassing actually so dont let this put you off. You know how goofy I can be.

Thanks for your prayers. Hes went on a few work trips but short ones, he's making all this sound so intense and different. But I know we can get through it, but I feel like a clock is counting down, so ominous.

I will just constantly bug Clean if I get bored! Hahaha do you remember my pms from long ago Clean? Im sorry to bug you AGAIN today, but xxxxxxx (she has patience of a saint).
Old 02-24-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

haha ladies! i am currently taking nickname suggestions for mr. nameless
Old 02-24-2015, 06:10 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Blue, i understand that this upcoming work period is causing anxiety in you. It seems as if it is only for a short amount of time? So try not to worry about it too much regarding that things might get to how they were before. Mr. Blue is stronger now and has tools to deal with stress. How long would he be away? I don't really know what to tell you, but if you need some inspirations on how to overcome the distance *hihi* let me know :P

Ladies, I need your help. I don't want to talk about it yet because i don't want to jinx it but i think it's time to take matters into my own hand. Can you please keep all the fingers of you, your hubbies, your kids, your bunnies, your cats and dogs, and your spiders crossed for me that it's going to work out? I'm very nervous and a little bit scared,but sometimes you gotta take risks, right?

So, any name ideas regarding Mr. You know who?
Old 02-25-2015, 01:01 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Allfor: In answer to your question: Nopalea Juice has been derived from the fruit of Nopal cactus (Opuntia Ficus Indica). This cactus is found in the Sonoran Desert. According to research and clinical study, the juice from the fruit contains a very powerful antioxidant called bioflavonoids.

As for the shingles! I broke down an hour ago and put some X/S desitine on it! I couldn't hardly stand it. The clothes rubbing across it and the itching. It's a real hard thick feeling to the area when I press on it. If it doesn't get any better in a day or two I'll go to the doctor.

Okay! Back to cleaning the house!

TOD
Old 02-25-2015, 09:55 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just a reminder. You all have the option to use the ignore feature.
I would suggest you do that if you have problems with another member.

If you choose not to use it and there are continued problems the only option I will have is to ban members from the thread. So please ignore bothersome members or don't respond with personal attacks.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:54 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Blue, glad to hear that husbunny has gone a few trips already and has handled them well! That bodes well for March, and you both have some good positive memories in your memory bank then! Does husbunny seem to be a bit worried or concerned about this time, or is he just concerned about you during this time?

Butter, keeping my fingers crossed for you!! Update us when you feel you can.

Tod, really hoping that it's not shingles. Ugh! H had shingles a few years ago, when DD was a baby. Not fun!! But I think the doctor would be able to give you something for the itching that is not addictive, so don't take your time going there and sit in pain!

Busy day at work today ... last week for my manager and we have a lot of festivities planned. The rest of the week I might not be able to spend much time here, so if I'm not here, you'll know why
Old 02-25-2015, 01:55 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Hello everyone! We were above freezing today! Yes really! The first day since this all began!

Soverylost sorry about your manager leaving. I know how stuff like that effects your work environment. How is hubby doing?

Blue if you run across a recipe for deserts using biscoff send me a link. I think I moved into this house in May. Yes you remember well about our move! Lol such a headache! Ha!

Butter I'm horrible at naming. My daughter named my youngest kids.

Tod I agree with sovery. You have free healthcare get over there and get yourself checked out! Hope its still only itchy though!
Old 02-25-2015, 02:04 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

I remember your talking about your manager leaving. I know you had a good working relationship so it must be a lot of mixed emotions for you this week. It will be a good send off though and Im sure your manager will appreciate it.

I dont know Butter are you going to use a letter from the alphabet? Or are we talking something more descriptive here? Your new friend has been making you feel happy so maybe we should call him 'Happy'. Did u ever see the movie Happy Gilmore with Adam Sandler? I will cross my fingers and toes for good luck, for the two of you.

Thanks ladies, I think its just a little nerves. Husbunny has been slowly increasing his workload and still finding balance. Hes doing a great job overall. He may be away for about 3 weeks I think, and its not so much the separation idea caught up with me. I think its mpre a general fear we will overtime see our lives fall out of balance. I know those of you with kids must understand. You all have to work to find balance between your individual self, your children, your husbands, and many things are constantly coming at you to try and tip the delicate balance? I feel like his work is the biggest threat to tipping the overall balance of pur lives. Not even now necessarily but in the future. Does this make sense? But for now Im going to rely on faith, and trust in both of us as active participant's in our marriage, each doing our part, and then we will be ok.

Clean, was your day ok yesterday?

Nice article on the front page of SR explaining some of the differences between Smart and AA. I think the new front page of SR with various articles is educational. #nice

Tod, I have said some prayers for you. I worry how much discomfort shingles could cause and I dont want anything to jeopardize your recovery. I know your strong but I dont like this happening to you at all, and especially now.

How is Jethro? Is he helping u out extra?

I owe a few pms and messages. Ive been busy at work today.

Clean I heard something on the news about a building in NY partially collapsed and some people were hurt? I didnt catch all of it, but because of you my ears perk up when I hear of news things coming in from the East Coast now. See how you make me more informed of world news!
Old 02-25-2015, 02:09 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cleaninLI View Post

Blue if you run across a recipe for deserts using biscoff send me a link.!
hey you snuck in while I was writing! Haha, I never looked online for Biscoff recipes, but I will. I was planning on doing one of my own recipe modifications! This would need to be tested on ME the guinea pig before releasing to the general public! For your own safety of course!
Old 02-25-2015, 05:42 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Clean, it sounds like spring might be on the way!! Woo hoo! It's still -30 C with the windchill today but usually by the end of March things warm up a bit.

Lol, so cute that your daughter named your youngest kids! DD had a big part in naming DS too.

Blue, I know you are worried and anxious about husbunny's March but it sounds like you've really got your head on right about it. Plus husbunny is more aware of himself and his limits, i have full faith that it will go swimmingly and you will come out of this even stronger and more connected.

I am having a rough time about my manager leaving. Today was the first time I realized, i walk by his office every day and always see him out of the corner of my eye, his door is always open and he is always there. And Monday he won't be. I was telling H tonight and I started crying. And even sadder than knowing my manager is leaving, is H didn't know what to do. He used to just put his arms around me and comfort me, but all he did was say, "yeah I guess these things happen" and stood there looking awkward. And then suggested I go take my shower. I really miss the closeness we used to have. It feels like everything has eroded. So after i stopped crying, i asked if he wanted to have an early bedtime date - we were going to do that once a week, go to bed early and just cuddle and talk. I don't remember when we did last. And he said he had to work, even though he's been working all evening. I feel incredibly lonely. And i know if I speak up about it, he'll feel guilty and defensive and it will start a fight. So I'd rather be lonely and quiet than speak up and feel worse.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:37 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soverylost View Post
Clean, it sounds like spring might be on the way!! Woo hoo! It's still -30 C with the windchill today but usually by the end of March things warm up a bit.

Lol, so cute that your daughter named your youngest kids! DD had a big part in naming DS too.

Blue, I know you are worried and anxious about husbunny's March but it sounds like you've really got your head on right about it. Plus husbunny is more aware of himself and his limits, i have full faith that it will go swimmingly and you will come out of this even stronger and more connected.

I am having a rough time about my manager leaving. Today was the first time I realized, i walk by his office every day and always see him out of the corner of my eye, his door is always open and he is always there. And Monday he won't be. I was telling H tonight and I started crying. And even sadder than knowing my manager is leaving, is H didn't know what to do. He used to just put his arms around me and comfort me, but all he did was say, "yeah I guess these things happen" and stood there looking awkward. And then suggested I go take my shower. I really miss the closeness we used to have. It feels like everything has eroded. So after i stopped crying, i asked if he wanted to have an early bedtime date - we were going to do that once a week, go to bed early and just cuddle and talk. I don't remember when we did last. And he said he had to work, even though he's been working all evening. I feel incredibly lonely. And i know if I speak up about it, he'll feel guilty and defensive and it will start a fight. So I'd rather be lonely and quiet than speak up and feel worse.
((Hugs)) I think this would be a good feeling to journal and discuss in your individual session. I dont think he was able to provide you with adequate emotional support during the drinking years, and you may have got used to it in a way? But now, your beginning to see some of the things you were missing as he slowly comes back? Maybe he can see it too through his awkward response, not knowing how to comfort you? I can feel the hurt its caused tonight and Im so sorry.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:40 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Are you enjoying the spring weather today Cleanin? It has to get better soon.. March is here in a few days.. not sure when Spring starts.. but its soon isn't it?

I can understand your worries Blue, but at the same time you have both done a lot of work, and made significant changes. You were able to survive a lot and become stronger, so I don't think you should worry too much; could you think of it as starting a new chapter?

Recipes with Biscoff.. sounds good.. I would like to try the creamy.. the crunchy has a good flavor, but Im not sure I like the crumbs in there.. it has a little bit of a coarse texture; its not the same texture as crunchy peanut butter where you get a bit of nut.

TOD go to the VA and get checked out. You said you know everyone there.. they will be happy to see you & take good care of you.

SVL - Sorry you've had a difficult day. Im not sure men relate to work relationships as much as women.. not trying to be sexist.. but I don't think my husband would. Of course just seeing your wife upset should be enough to trigger a comforting response from a husband. Your feelings matter & I wish you had his shoulder to lean on. We are here for you, so please use the forum to express anything you need to let out.

Butter... Im going to have to get caught up.. a new man in your life.. and he is in need of a nickname.. I will pm me you, cant come up with a nickname without some juicy details. LOL
Old 02-26-2015, 03:15 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Cleanin: I'm playing catch up here! Do you ever watch the shows DIY? There's also the show with the woman that remodels homes and then sells them. She does some fantastic work! Jethro watches the show all the time! Now if I could only get him to actually use the things he's learning! LOL
.....Marriages! I gave my 1st husband 7 years and he filed for a divorce. He drank so much his sweat smelled like whiskey! I gave the 2nd marriage 3 years! I filed for a divorce. The third marriage I gave 9 years. I filed for a divorce after moving out. And so far with this marriage? We've been together since 2006! Married in 2009! And I'm praying hard this is the last time I ever marry or divorce!
.....How are those roses you planted when y'all first moved in? They should bloom this year!

Blue: If I took a vitamin every day I'd weigh 400 pounds. They make me so hungry I can't stop eating!
.....Jethro LOVES the 2nd hand stores! His eyes light up like a kid's in a toy store! He can always manage to find something to buy! Like we have any spare room for another item around here! --- And then to have hubby cook supper for y'all on your return! Heavenly!
.....You laying claim to those squirrels you're feeding? "Going out to feed MY squirrels!" ROFL They may have something to say about that!
.....I'm not big on making decisions as to what to wear each day. I've always had jobs where I wore a uniform! Trying to figure out what to wear to go to town is a tasking matter! ARGH!
.....Speaking of movies? Have y'all watched the movies "Hunger Games"? The 2nd one is coming out tomorrow I believe! I'll be getting it! I have a stack of DVD's to watch already though.
.....Have you tried going online to see if that oatmeal recipe is on there? I got an email years ago with a bunch of restaurants and food item recipes in it. There's not much secrecy on things anymore!

Eyes: Quit pointing in our direction and telling the snow/ice to go that way! We got another 3 inches of snow yesterday! Like you? We'll all be glad when it's gone! But Hey! Spring is 22 days away! YAY!

SVL: That was really nice of H to pay you all those nice compliments! Makes us feel loved and appreciated a lot more!
.....And then the dragon rears it's ugly head again! I don't have any problems with my younger generations most of the time. They all love their Aunt TOD! Or their Meamaw! Jethro gets really bent sideways over a couple of them though. The older ones! I remind him ALL the time: "You were once their age too. Get off their azz's! I bet you weren't NO Angel back then either?" That usually calms him down. I found with all of them? If their heads are buried in their electronics? Walk over and turn it off! You have their full attention at that point. I don't like repeating myself over and over when they aren't paying attention in the first place! My time is just as important as your time! Turning things off usually works to get the words across! Kids/teenagers learn early on how to push our buttons to get what they want! You just have to prove/show to be the mature person in the conversation as well as the adult! And for Heaven's sakes! Put the phone down and have a f2f conversation! You'll be able to judge the feelings of each other and know how to handle the situation a lot better!
.....Next time he starts throwing up all the colorful cliches? Look him dead in the eyes and say: "I love you 100%. I love Dd 100%! Who's side would you like me to choose standing on when you both are at fault?" Being he's an adult? He shouldn't sit there listening to Dd lip sinc for him! Tell him to ask Dd - What's really on your mind? What are you really wanting to say? Do we need to involve your mother? When two ppl are bickering back and forth it's going to get heated! It's a case of someone take the reins in their hands and get control of the wild chaos happening!

Allfor: I've already shown you the picture of the gathering grand daddys! I don't think your spider is a grand daddy! Spiders and ants come up the pipes in ppl's homes. They also crawl inside when a door is open for a few minutes. I give mom a hard time when I see a spider web in her house. She's such a clean freak! She'll jump up and grab the duster to swipe it away! LOL
.....I can't believe I read you couldn't wait for your son to become a teenager! WOW! You constantly fuss about him growing up and you can't stand it! LOL I have a picture of my nephew and Golden Retriever when he was about two years old. It's such a cute picture with both of them having the red hair!
.....I've been telling Jethro everyday I cook: "You can now fire me from being the cook!" He keeps refusing! I asked him if he thought we could afford hiring someone to come cook for us? LOL
.....No Valentine candy the next day! I bought two boxes of candy at the restaurant gift store. Chocolate covered pecan pieces and haystacks! Yum!

CleaninLI: We live sort of in the country! It's really growing up around us. Which puts our property now in a commercial zone! Makes the property value shoot up there. But there's a lot more traffic to deal with too!

Blue: I love No Bake chocolate/peanut butter cookies! My sister gave me some this past Chirstmas! I made the fudge for Christmas and she brought me a bag of the cookies for our NYE gathering at mom's! Works for me!
.....Have you checked out the Sporting goods stores for your workout clothes?
.....As for Mr. Blue being on the run with his job? There's always SKYPE and texting! You can always be in contact with him!

SVL: Ahhhh sorry to read about H having the medical issue due to drinking! Hopefully it will keep him from drinking anymore? Does he have one of those daily books to read when he gets up? They can be really inspiring for getting the day started off on the right foot!

Okay! It's super late/early morning. I'm going to stop here!

TOD
Old 02-26-2015, 06:58 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Okay people's!

I just woke Jethro up. I'm going to let him drink some coffee and then he's taking me to the VAH to get this spot checked out! Better safe than sorry! Besides y'all saying GO! My daughter has been hounding me about it too!

I guess it's going around too! I turned the radio on to listen to while I got ready. I hear the radio DJ talking with another man about something. I turned the volume up a little to listen closer. I just shook my head when I heard the DJ say: "Welp! I guess it's Shingles!" OMG! He said: "I'm going to man up and deal with it!" Alrighty then!

TOD
Old 02-26-2015, 08:21 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

a new man in your life
NO WAY, slow down! Unfortunately, it's not that exciting. I guess a perfect name would be Mr. J (short for you know what) or Mr. S (for being stupid). Haha yes, i am mad at him right now! Once more a guy who doesn't appreciate buttercup...

Anyways, the good news is I booked my vacation for Spring break. Flying away from all the snow and cold weather. I'm going to California. Roadtrip from San Francisco to LA and i am very excited I need some quality time with myself and what else is better than that?

SVL, i'm sorry about your manager leaving and i'm sorry that your hubby can't give you the attention you need and deserve right now I agree with Blue, it might be good to take that to your counseling session.

I feel a bit down these days. Not just because of Mr.S but also because i miss my mom. I haven't really talked to her since i left,but i feel if i talk to her i let my guard down and can't hold back all the emotions inside me

Ok, gotta finish a paper! See ya later!

Hi to everyone else (((hugs))))
Old 02-26-2015, 12:43 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Almost the weekend, and its my lunchtime. Not going out today because I will be leaving early. We have our family session later today. Drinking my healthy antioxidant water and eating while I visit all of you!

Hahaha the radio announcer had the right attitude Tod. Man up, find out if its shingles and put it on the run.

Its ok, I call the squirrels MY squirrels but Im sure they call me THEIR Blue. I think they may travel around off our property and tell other squirrels about THEIR cool human and the abundance of nuts because somehow more birds and squirrels are showing up. Birds eat a lot of the nuts. Its kinda funny, Im sure they fly off and drop peanut shells at the neighbors and some must be asking where these shells come from. No one lives extremely close to us but who knows how far the birds go. I never see shells up by our house or in the front yard.

Butter is going on a road trip. Are you driving across country? That would be cool because you could see a lot of the US, but I think it would take longer than your spring break. Im thinking your flying instead. Tell us about where u plan to visit. Cant say I blame u for leaving the cold behind, maybe pick up Eyes on your way and get her out of the snow too.

My husband was telling me last night he found out this guy he knew from college died a few months ago. He had been working in another part of the state and they didnt talk often, but he was going to call him about something and the secretary said he passed away. Then he followed up with another friend and found out he had an aggressive leukemia. Wow, he was around my husbands age. Its a weird feeling, everything we went through, how sick my husband was when hospitalized, and to know someone else faced a different crisis but didnt make it through is so sad.

Sorry to be a bummer. Sad things help reinforce the value and preciousness of life tho. It helps me keep the important things in perspective.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:55 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Blue i am so sorry about husbunny's friend that is so unfair and hard if someoen
has to die so young i hate cancer

haha unfortunately i will not drive across country but that would be really fun. i only have a week so i will fly over to San francisco and start driving from there

i gotta go get ready. I am going out tonight see you laters
Old 02-26-2015, 04:18 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by Tiredofdrugs View Post
Okay people's!

I just woke Jethro up. I'm going to let him drink some coffee and then he's taking me to the VAH to get this spot checked out! Better safe than sorry! Besides y'all saying GO! My daughter has been hounding me about it too!

I guess it's going around too! I turned the radio on to listen to while I got ready. I hear the radio DJ talking with another man about something. I turned the volume up a little to listen closer. I just shook my head when I heard the DJ say: "Welp! I guess it's Shingles!" OMG! He said: "I'm going to man up and deal with it!" Alrighty then!

TOD
Got in to see the doctor today after a two hour wait! First clear day where ppl could get out and the doctor's office was packed.

I got the dreaded news! It's Shingles! She asked me how long did I have this and I told her about a week. She was impressed the puss bumps were already dried up and the areas didn't look to bad. She asked me what I had been using: "I told her about the powder spray and then using Destine on the areas." She gave me a big smile and nodded okay! LOL

Man! This medicine really gives me a dry sore throat too! My daughter was spouting instructions by text while I waited on the meds to be filled. At one point I was wanting to say: "Okay MOM!" LOL I know she was worried and concerned because she had also gone thru the Shingles only on her face and eye!

The doctor also said; she was going to give me gabapenden for the pain. I told her no thanks. That stuff doesn't work well with me. And besides! It's only itching, no pain!

We went to several places to shop today! I've been up for 23 straight hours at this point. I was doing fine as long as we were walking and on the move. I feel the fatigue setting in now!

I saw the coolest thing today on the Freeway! There was a wild Turkey Hen flying across the entire Freeway right in front of us! It's amazing how high and far they can fly!

Blue: So sorry about your hubby's friend passing. It's amazing the things that hit home with us! There was a man in overall's at the VAH today. He looked around dad's age and also had the actions of dad. I teared up while watching him.

TOD
Old 02-27-2015, 01:17 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Im sorry it turned out to be shingles, was hoping it was just some kind of reaction, or maybe a spider bite.. LOL What did the doctor think would happen.. will it spread, or what is the expected duration for this ? At least your own treatments were working well.

Im not sure if its really an official Grand-daddy spider.. this is what my parents always called them and I have seen this particular one around my whole life. I was always told they were good spiders and kept other spiders away. I get nervous around all other spiders because they seem so sneaky and will run all over.. these appear to be very laid back, not moving much for days, their web is not really visible.. good thing or the bathroom would look like a haunted house.. for some reason I don't want to do a lot of research on him, I think maybe Im afraid I wont like what I find and instead of thinking of him as Legs I will think of him as scary. but my son never gets in contact with him because hes almost always up high.. or at least the other Legs was.. this one is still up high too so it appears to be a pattern of behavior.

Ive never talked so much about spiders as I have in my whole life.

Its very sad about your husbands friend Blue. It does make a person stop and think when someone we know passes away, and especially if they are younger, or are involved in a tragic accident or the like. I think its a good way to deal with it by using it as a way to put life in perspective.

I hope the two of you had a good therapy session tonight.

Butter, I think I will stick with Mr S. instead of the other option.. LOL Time for spring break already? Im sure for you it feels like a long time waiting. It will be exciting to travel to California and go on a driving tour. Are you going to go alone, or invite someone from your dorm to go along? I bet a lot of girls would love the chance for a trip like that if they can afford to go of course. I always think planning a trip is half the fun.. so are you going to map out some destinations, places you want to see? If your traveling alone it might be a good idea to pick out your hotels and everything in advance and then give the itinerary to your mom, and someone you trust at school.
Hey look I am turning into a mom..

TOD - NO. I didn't say I was looking forward to my son being a teenager... I want to put him in a bubble and make him stay this age... I was attempting to be sarcastic. Im still in the growing phase, me and him are going through this growing up thing together.. Im not ready for him to even go off to kindergarten yet. I hope to arrive there at the same time he does.. but its a 50/50 chance I think.