Notices

AA Without the God?

Old 12-15-2014, 06:25 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Pagekeeper, I respect your desire to contribute the commentary, but you are telling me nothing I don't already know. Again, I say this with respect.

I don't intend to post articles or links from a motivation to debate or stir up controversy. My intent is to share information, period. That's it. People are of course free to use that information in whatever way they see fit.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:29 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by awuh1 View Post
Everything you say is true Jenny, and I agree.
And I wanted to comment on Awuh's comment here, before I forget. I said nothing here. I posted a link to an article, and then I quoted the article. That's it.

Some of you are misunderstanding my motivation and intent on threads like this... I am not on a "side" here. I am not posting propaganda, or pushing anything.

My intent when I share any article is to to do just that... share information.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Jennie,

i'd like to say 'it seems a quirk of human nature'...but in fact i know no such thing, so i won't say it. don't know 'human nature' as such.
what i do know is that i've posted stuff in my old forum, stuff i found interesting, and when debates arose, i was oddly defensive about the stuff i'd posted when i noticed that somehow quite a few people seemed to be ever-so-sure i was endorsing the content of the stuff i posted. (and no, i'm not saying you're being defensive. at all.)
it shouldn't be so, but often seems to end up so.

somehow "i" got identified with stuff i linked to, by others and by myself. and that wasn't my intent.

just sharing something i've noticed happens often.
Old 12-16-2014, 12:39 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Jennie, you may not have an agenda for posting the article but the writer of the article certainly seems to have one. I have no problem with that, but I also have a viewpoint. I assume that when an article is posted, that people are free to comment. I think that's all people are doing. Some will agree and some will not. Disagreement is healthy IMO, as long as it's respectful. In fact I often find the perspectives of others quite enlightening.

I recognized only part of what you quoted as being from the article. I think that was because the quotes taken from the article were not in quotes, nor described as a quotation. I assume when someone quotes part of the article they are making a point by doing so? I was just responding to what was stated.
Old 12-16-2014, 03:03 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks for the link
Old 12-16-2014, 03:51 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberJennie View Post

I don't intend to post articles or links from a motivation to debate or stir up controversy. My intent is to share information, period. That's it. People are of course free to use that information in whatever way they see fit.
I understand that, Jennie. You are posting information you feel is relevant to the forum, without taking any position on it. I appreciate your contributions.