Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Special-Interest Groups > Recovery and Pain Management
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Welcome to the Sober Recovery Community

Already registered? Login above ---^
OR
To take advantage of all Posting, Chatting, Gaming, and all the features available at SoberRecovery, join the over 100,000 current members, and become a member of our supportive community today! Ads will no longer appear on the forums, once you register.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2008, 05:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
This catz gone wild!!!

Potential Benefits of Solomon's Seal

I have discovered a plant called Solomon's Seal, its in our garden this year, and while doing research about it, I came across a website touting its benefits as a medicinal herb with many many qualities, please click on the following link and let me know what you think: Solomon's Seal

I have not tried it yet myself, but as soon as I get some money, I am sending away for at least the 1oz tincture. Now a lot of people that have had alcohol problems in the past may not want to deal with tinctures, this site explains how little alcohol is used in making this tincture, its got about the same amount of alcohol as what naturally occurs in a ripe banana so I believe (my own opinion) that it would be safe, especially since most mouth washes contain a lot more alcohol than most people think, also a lot of cough medications contain way more alcohol than we think too, so I did my research and tinctures seem to be almost benign. That is a personal decision and I would NEVER persuade an alcoholic or drug addict to put themselves at risk for relapse if they even think taking a tincture would cause a relapse. I have tried other natural tinctures (I'm into eastern herbal remedies as well as western medications). Hope this website helps someone, and lets hope that Solomon's Seal can help with some of our pain and suffering.

Thanks;

Jaz
Practice "self-compassion". Let go of those "stupid" everyday trivial things that can bring a recovering addict to their knees. Its more important to focus on yourself and love yourself even if you do "mess-up a bit". :ghug3
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-17-2008, 02:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
the girl can't help it

I think it could be safe for most people. It does lower blood pressure so people with low blood pressure or on meds for high blood pressure would want to check with their doctor first before using it.

People who do have alcohol issues could apply the tincture it to the area of pain rather than taking it internally. Also it is probably available as a tea which although not as strong as a tincture would still be effective.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
This catz gone wild!!!

Splendra;

Thanks for your response. I believe it does come as a tea. The weblink I provided has all the information in it. Also people can Google the words "Solomon's Seal" and find out more. It also comes as a salve to put on the skin. I am just glad that people are reading this. I will research and try to come up with more herbal remedies since I am into them and have found that some of them work while others don't for me, but everyone is different. I am looking forward to trying Solomon's Seal as a Tincture (I was never into hard alcohol like whiskey or Brandy which I think is what they use to make the tincture.

Love

Jaz
Practice "self-compassion". Let go of those "stupid" everyday trivial things that can bring a recovering addict to their knees. Its more important to focus on yourself and love yourself even if you do "mess-up a bit". :ghug3
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!