Notices

maybe a stupid question but here ya go......

Old 11-24-2011, 12:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

maybe a stupid question but here ya go......

I couldn't find a caffeine forum but this one, I figured, may be closest to it (stimulants). I don't know, maybe they'll delete this question but here goes.....

Anybody on here ever stopped caffeine? Day 2 now and my head feels a bit better but I was wondering when I won't be so irritable. Can anybody share their experience with this?

I've quit weed, alcohol, opiates, smoking, and now this, I'm trying to get a handle on my anxiety.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ohhhhh coffeeeeeee! No body in this world could get me to stop drinking coffee "until now".

I grew up in Croatia with coffee as part of my breakfast as far back as I can remember. To quit coffee was NOT an option ever.

However, after having colon cancer, and drinking too much alcohol my stomach gave me more trouble with the acidity in the coffee plus it amplified my anxiety and nerves. My husband recently bought 50% coffee and I wasn't thinking about it too much and got use to it. During the day if I do have a cup, it decaf.

This is a milestone for me and my stomach problems are multi multi less.

So, yes there's a first for me.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

JR,

I am one of those who indeed quit coffee, and I live in Seattle!

I was drinking about 2 pots a day in the morning at work plus 1 or 2 monster energy drinks in the afternoon. I had to have it to barely function. Normally it was the only thing that would kick me out of my hangover and help me cling on until my next drink.

When I quit drinking I was having a heck of a time sleeping so at night I was drinking peppermint tea and I found it quite relaxing. I also started drinking decaf at work because with enough of it you will still get some caffeine. At some point in the next few weeks I started bringing the peppermint tea to work with me and found it also pepped me up a little bit too.

Granted - not having to fight off hangovers was a bigger part of getting me going than anything else, but I was still able to kick it. I love the smell of coffee and I pass right by a bunch of micro roasters on the way to work and my office is only a few blocks from Starbucks' main roaster so I can smell it frequently.

Finally now the cost is just too high for me. If I drink a single cup I have a very hard time sleeping. As in- a cup at 7am means no sleep until 2am.

I hear ya on wanting to quit though! I'm trying to quit nicotine. I'm slowly winning that battle too with my old friend peppermint (altoid stong mini mints).

Good luck!