Notices

24 Hour No Nicotine/No Smoking Club - Part 10

Old 02-09-2016, 01:56 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by illi1111 View Post
Hi Everyone

Day 1 here...

Looking forward to quitting with you all!
Yay, welcome illi,

How are you?

Pull up to the bumper baby......
Old 02-09-2016, 02:12 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Hi illi, welcome to the double-trouble side of posting. Best wishes on a successful day 1 quit, it will be challenging at times, feel free to vent away!
Old 02-09-2016, 02:20 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Apparently egg plants are naturally high in nicotine.
Tomorrow I will be consuming egg plants.

Just got to decide whether to chew them or smoke them.

Man I hate having nicotine withdrawal.
Not as much as my children hate me having nicotine withdrawal though.

This evening my children have tidy bedrooms and there is no washing up in the kitchen. Anything to avoid dealing with paternal grumpiness.

Every cloud....
Old 02-09-2016, 03:19 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Welcome illi and be prepared for a challenge first one to drop is a rotten eggplant. Just spoke with my daughter on the phone and I got angry and confused as it all went to the clappers and I didn't have any cigarettes!! Good. My head spins too Odelle and am just realising how much idle time cigarettes consumed. Put my brain where once there was a cigarette. Don't worry about the joint Tufty alcohol is the real demon in my opinion. They say it's achievable and am feeling a little stronger now that I have posted. You're doing great Odelle and don't give a fudge about the fudge. And now I'm going to roll an eggplant. Welcome illi it's a bit nuts here but that's to be expected.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:58 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

You all seem like a fun group!!

Day 1 went really well... I'm pretty much using the techniques I used to quit drinking. We will see if I turn into a scary witch tomorrow

Good Night All
Old 02-09-2016, 11:47 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Smile

We are fun illi and congratulations on Day 1. The eggplant didn't work Tufty I only had 15 packets of papers and still couldn't get a good roll. Today was hard but pushed on and think it is getting slightly easier. Must say though that a man jumped the queue when I was buying a sandwich this morning and he was lucky he didn't lose his head because I felt like I was about to lose mine. I successfully composed myself. You doing well Odelle? Eat that fudge. I find the mornings the most difficult. Go team bumper.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:50 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by illi1111 View Post
You all seem like a fun group!!
Don't get fun & warped confused illi1111; anyway, what's with the username that looks like eight skinny people queuing for cigarettes?

How's day one looking?
Old 02-10-2016, 12:59 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
Don't worry about the joint Tufty alcohol is the real demon in my opinion. .
Agreed Steely, thank you. Yesterday was my 100 days without that particular demon.

Another 24 for me please. Smoke Free is definitely the new black.
Old 02-10-2016, 01:07 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
Today was hard but pushed on and think it is getting slightly easier.
Keep going Steely, I hope your daughter is proud of you, despite the raised voices.

What are you going to spend your booze & fag money on?
Old 02-10-2016, 05:14 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Congrats on your 100 days tufty!!! My user name is a play on my real name and I have a thing for 11s and also 13s gotta admit I've smoked a lot of things in my life but never an eggplant!

Woke up feeling great!! I started taking milk thistle and drinking dandelion root tea a couple days ago. I have 46 days sober and really felt like crap all around still. I'm thinking detoxing is helping a lot.

Of course I want a cigarette, but I'm not going to have one.

24 hours more, please!
Old 02-10-2016, 05:20 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Smile

Tufty is right illi1111 it looks like (Lily?) is saying just give me 1, in the singular 1, I'm only asking for 1 you scab, a lousy 1.......I'm beggin' you. Oh, that's right you're in the bumper club. Pack of wheezers. Waiting to see how you are tomorrow illi and good idea to deal with it in the same way as you are with the grog. I am feeling and looking heaps better since stopping, seriously. And outside of all of the health and cosmetic benefits the cost has become prohibitive. I want to use the money I save to go down the South Coast, rent a shack and hit the beach. Hang tight field of four we are on a winner. Bump. That's the new name for half a bumper. Aaarrrggghhh! Might give that eggplant another shot.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:30 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Illi, 46 days is spectacular. Keep it up and congrats on taking the plunge on ditching the smokes.

There's folks on this thread that have been clean & wheeze free for years. I'd love to be like them.

Renting a shack on the beach sounds like a great idea Steely and I'm glad your cosmetics are improving.

How's your looks Odelle, are you putting the glamour into glamour model these days?
Old 02-10-2016, 06:58 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Good morning Steely, Tufty and illi,

Congratulations on 100 days Tufty!!!

Today starts 34 days of sobriety for me, with 16 days not smoking. The past few days have been hard with craving for a cigarette, and if I liked eggplant, I would have run to the store for one. Overall, I do feel better, but the cosmetic rebound has been slow to appear, I will welcome any improvements that come my way!

I have had stints at not smoking before, lasting up to a few weeks. I can still remember the first smoke leading to relapse, tasting so strong and burning my throat and lungs, and the dizziness that makes you sit down. No, I'm not going that route again, so onwards and upwards we go!
Old 02-10-2016, 07:17 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Hey Odelle,

Congrats on the sober stats 34 & 16 days is bonzo brilly.

Well done for surfing the cravings.

I've swapped my booze and fags addiction to posting on this thread.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:24 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Not One Puff Ever NOPE

you are all doing great. 24 more.
Old 02-10-2016, 04:09 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Smile

Thanks legitgo. When I've tried in the past and relapsed I found that the cigarette I picked up did not deliver on my expectations. Always a disappointment and then back on the chain gang. Similar to alcohol but not as messy. I am 13 days today and 51 days sober. Congratulations Odelle on 35 days sober and 17 days smoke free. Illi 47 days sober and Tufty 101 days. We are all very new in recovery so I reckon we are doing awesome. My English teacher would fail me for using that phrase. See you tomorrow Fab 4.
Old 02-10-2016, 04:24 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Steely, I was going to post on here that I wished for a fast-forward button to speed up the nicotine recovery time, then I logged in and saw that you advanced me a day already! If it isn't too much trouble, could you push me forward another 2 months?
Old 02-10-2016, 05:14 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

I'm good but I'm not that good Odelle. I know the importance of a single day so made sure I clocked you forward, don't want any relapses on our hands. Trust you are doing well and finding it easier. If we keep on track that two months will be on our doorstep. Onward and Upward.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:04 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

What I have realized is that the nicotine cessation has completely confused and distracted my AV, its focus is only on cigarettes now, alcohol is just an occasional thought and caffeine isn’t even in the mix. So, instead of fighting 3 addiction cravings, I feel like I’m only dealing with one, which I will take as a good thing!

How is everyone else holding up?

Letitgo, are you also on the about.com forum? That is a daily pledge they take, N.O.P.E. I’m in the January class, but joined late, so not a lot of interaction there.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:19 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Odelle you are spot on about the AV being confused! I was worried my AV for cigarettes was going to have a different voice than my AV for alcohol and they both would be in my ear. Nope just one voice that wants a cigarette. Tomorrow is day 3... I hear that's when it really gets fun