Notices

Sober Vapers Part 2

Old 06-07-2015, 02:59 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

And D-minor is the saddest of all keys! I'll tell you why I'm not a fan: a day or so before I got the Mini, the DNA failed with the stuck down button. Whatever I tried, it automatically went down to 1W. So when I first picked up the Mini to set the wattage it.. automatically went down , faster & faster. I started swearing until .3 seconds later I remembered the tilt sensor.

You also need to keep the device upright, but the screen is sideways then, so it doesn't really make sense. #firstworldproblems. . I remember seeing it the first time, it was the Sigelei Legend. That was a tube mod with the screen facing down, so there the sensor made a lot more, eh, sense.
Old 06-07-2015, 03:28 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Dw, did you get temp control as well. Chief, thanks again for the advice. You my friend are a true vape guru! These Kanger stock Ni200's are a little crazy on the IPv4 either that or the mod is. I was getting readings on a new coil last nights in the 3's! What has been fairly effective for me, is take the tank off, put it back on, clean connections and like Chief said, fire it real quick without dragging. That seems to dial it in most times. I've been in temp control heaven at 430 F and a little over 20 joules myself with the Kanger coil and local b&m juice. Chief, I'm told p4u is supposed to put out an update that ups the wattage on the IPv4 to 150. But we'll see. 75 is the max I've had mine and wouldn't go over unless I'd get a tank I knew could take it. The V1 Atlantis gets hot at high watts.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:07 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
quat

Yeah I splurged on a bday present to myself and got the SX Mini ,loving the TC . Using the Kanger factory nic coils on a Subtank and Subtank mini. The resistance is slightly different from one head to the other, but consistent readings for each when I switch tanks. Going to be mindful of keeping the threads and connections clean, thanks to the guru here
Vape On !

Oh yeah and at the shop when I was trying it out, great local b&m staff very helpful and friendly, I was slightly freaked out by the tilt adjust, but refused to ask for help, lol, figured it out quick enough but was bamboozled for a second
Old 06-07-2015, 10:29 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Ah, I kinda missed that, I thought you had gone for the IPV4 too. Congrats! Mind you, both are brilliant devices to start using TC. Just be glad you didn't have to go through the DNA40 experience first, although they now have the "lock resistance" feature too in the latest revision, which is revision 5 or 6.

Keep a close eye to your paint. The problem should have been fixed by now, but you never know how long the B&M had it. Yihi is aware, so if it starts to peel off, your shop should be able to do a swap.

With the paint fixed, the only downside I still see is the battery cap. It's not up to the standard of the rest of the device - which is top notch, and proof that China can do more than just copying devices; instead they brought out a top class device (especially for a mass produced one) that they designed and made the chip for.

I'm waiting for the black/black one to become available here, and will buy it for Mrs. Chief. She needs e-cigs to be hassle free, and the Mini M is just the ticket for that.

In related news, never forget that you are a child...

Per the latest CDC reports, there is an increase in number of calls to the poison centers regarding e-cigarette liquid poisoning ranging from one per month in Sep 2010 to 215 per month in Feb 2014, with approximately 42% occurring in children less than 5 years old and 51% in children greater than 20 years old.
Source: An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie
Old 06-10-2015, 02:33 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

And as they promised, it came yesterday. Nice blue one, with the latest firmware (May 15), so it works pretty much as well as the Mini M. What's more, after I asked twice about sending the broken one back or paying something for it, they told me to "keep it and not to fret". That's truly amazing. Fantastic customer service.

Will try to fix the black one myself with a new DNA board.

blueflask.jpg
Old 06-13-2015, 08:54 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChiefBromden View Post
And as they promised, it came yesterday. Nice blue one, with the latest firmware (May 15), so it works pretty much as well as the Mini M. What's more, after I asked twice about sending the broken one back or paying something for it, they told me to "keep it and not to fret". That's truly amazing. Fantastic customer service.

Will try to fix the black one myself with a new DNA board.

Attachment 27164
That is a NICE set up Chief! I want to come vape at your house! I know I said I was done but I found a deal I couldn't pass up. Brand new Sigelei 150 for 65 bucks shipped! So I grabbed one. And I may sell it I don't know. But I will vape on it!
Old 06-26-2015, 02:30 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

So did we all stop vaping?

The technology is still going forward, and it seems Temperature Control is becoming mainstream, which is fantastic. Now all we need is a TC device for beginners that just works out of the box without having to play with settings etc.

Another new product that might be promising for the smoker who considers switching is the Pax Juul. Yes, I know they are known for vaporizing legal/illegal/depending on your state substances, but they are now venturing in the e-cig market. It is non-refillable, and expensive in the long run, but it has some potent 59mg (yes, 59...) natural extracted tobacco flavors (and a fruit and menthol one), looks very cool, small, and according to first tests produces a good amount of vapor and throat hit. Again, nothing for the vapor, but potentially a fantastic product for the smoker who wants to try vaping.

For the rest there now is the DNA200 coming out. 200 real watts and thus totally overpowered. What's nice though is that you can set just about anything on it via software. It's almost like an OBDII interface on a car. I'm not sure I want to get it, and I don't really see the point as it requires triple lipo-in-series batteries, but I suppose it's fantastic for the tinkerer.

That's it, still very happy with the Lemo2/Mini SX M combination. Not a single problem, and the next upgrade will probably support titanium wire (grade 1 titanium tastes cleaner than NI200, and is a bit easier to build with).

38,000 cigs not smoked, and the savings are close to a small car now. Why did it take me so long to discover vaping?
Old 06-26-2015, 07:26 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
quat

Very pleased with my six mini m . I may order a skinz , thinking the textured mamba in black, though the paint is still good . I got a scratch on it , but it hasn't peeled or flaked so no rush
Not sure how long the coils should/could last and if the resistance set readings are an indication of a tired heads. What I have noticed is when changing between tanks I will get numbers that seem a little off . Like .117 or the other end .175+ , waiting and resetting changes them slightly, but hitting the power button very quickly and resetting usually will get a reading right around .13 ish. With temp maxxed at around 410 , they will seem to run fine. Or I should just change for new coils quicker, lol. But love the TC, feels like you can go up and down on joule settings to find the flavor sweet spot with more confidence less trepidation.
Haven't found a good KB flavor yet, but I did just find out that unicorns had teats as apparently someone milks them .
Maybe with juice reviews they will start recommending power settings for bringing out the best flavors.
Vape on !!
Old 06-26-2015, 08:56 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I didn't stop! LOL I've been blasting this Sigelei Atlantis combo with a .3 coil at 80 watts and now have a sore throat, cough and runny nose to pay. I've been given a couple explanations for this and I'm gonna try a new lower wattage set up later today.
Chief, if I remember you said at one time, temp control would be the next big thing in vaping and I believe you are right. Almost every new mod I've seen now has temp control on it. Some of the popular ones here have been the Snow wolf (200 watt ? w/ temp control) and that Evic combo by Joytech that you've probably seen. You are right though, that DNA 200 does seem nice! I've found with this IPV4, my issues were more with the Kanger nickel coils. They take some work to set their resistance, last about a week and their flavor is good but not great. On the other hand, my favorite new tank is the SMOK TCT. The temp control coils lock in almost immediately, flavor is great and my first one has lasted over 2 weeks. I recommend it to you both, however I don't know how easy it would be to build on.
One thing I have noticed with temp control, is the ideal settings seem to vary much more than with watts. Different juices it seems the settings can be much different as well as with different coils. What kind of tank/coil are you using again DW?
Old 06-26-2015, 05:39 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
quat

I'm using a kangertech subtank and a subtank min with factory nic coils. Will probably add a kanger nano to the mix for more flavor options on the go , wildly indulgent this .
Though I have heard that an sx mini paired with a lemo2 is a golden ticket combo, may have to try that route
Old 06-26-2015, 07:05 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Still vaping. Sill haven't changed equipment from my original Istick-Nautilus set up so no new equipment tips or endorsements from me. Thing looks like it's been through a war but works like the day I bought it. Haven't bought juice or coils in three months. Been getting three weeks to a month out of a coil unless I run it dry. Been at 6mg nic since I last bought juice. Will go to 2mg when I have to by more which is soon. Goal to be done by Xmas. We'll see. At 196 days I haven't smoked about 3920 cigarettes and after expenses I've save 8 or 9 hundred bucks.
I never wanted to make a hobby out of it. Just wanted to end another addiction and save some cash. No cravings for tobacco and don't even chain vape much anymore. Think it's mostly a hand to mouth habit at this point more than a substance addiction. Anyway, so far so good for now.
Old 06-27-2015, 05:33 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Good evening,

I was hoping for a little start-up advice. Today I purchased an Atmos i30 with an Atlantis tank, 12mg menthol Lizard juice, 6 mg of a different menthol Lizard juice, and another $10 tank with 0mg fruit juice. I'm quite sure I have no idea what I'm doing.

I'm nearly 5 months sober and really starting to think more clearly and feel what my 25 year habit of cigarettes and alcohol have done to me. Since 14 years old, I smoked Newport light 100's(pack a day). About a year and a half ago I switched to Pall Mall menthol light 100's because they are $3 a pack cheaper. Now I've been getting chest pains from them. So without doing much research, I purchased that equipment today. I just know that I had to do it to lessen my cigarette intake.
After reading some of your posts, it seems vaping has a lot to know. I don't want to be a guru, I just want to vape properly. I got a headache today sampling all this ****. I was hitting off a Bazooka at the shop. It looked like a Gatlin gun. That was the best hits.
So any info for a beginner would be appreciated. It was nice to read about your successes. Quitting drinking hasn't been easy. Cigarettes and coffee was a big help. But I've been smoking in excess and it's going to take me out if I don't get a handle on it soon.
Thanks
Old 06-27-2015, 06:18 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
quat

Loving it
Welcome to the thread , and vamping
Have you read through this thread and the first one? I'm a nonguru, but I have been vaping for over two years , so like intermediate level, lol.
The only actual New Years resolution I kept was to stop smoking cigarettes and switch to ecigs exclusively. It took a few days to be comfortable, but after a solid few days with no paper cigs, there was no going back.
I started with disposable cig look a likes and then started "leveling up", your setup sounds real good , like level two or so from where I started , a better beginning experience.
More glad to try and answer any questions. Vape on and enjoy!
Old 06-27-2015, 06:49 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Not a guru here but a very happy vaper. to the thread lovingit.
I have been smoke free since Nov 10 with no problem. I was a 2 packs a day smoker and smoked for 35 years.
So far I have saved $1835 and have not smoked 9176 cigarettes.
I hope you enjoy vaping as much as we do.
I use an eleaf Istick 30W and also a Itaste clk
I like my aspire tank with a 1.5 ohm coil
I order my juice from VapeWild. They are very inexpensive and their customer service is superb.
Old 06-27-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Thanks for your response dwtbd.

I have not read the whole thread, but I will tonight. Now that I own the device, I understand more than I did 24 hours ago.

Good for you on quitting. About four years ago, I purchased Blu ecig lookalikes. It only helped while I was in the hospital for a couple of days. I wasn't really trying to quit then, anyway.

I have many questions, but to start:
I'm really not understanding the voltage settings
or the adjustable air intake
ohms and watts

I'm just looking to replicate my cigarette habit without choking or headaches.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:05 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Congratulations Carlotta, that is huge.

The man who inspired me this past week to go buy one today, uses Eleaf.

I'm still smoking cigs, unfortunately. I'm not expecting to quit overnight.

Is VapeWild all natural and made in America?

I'm getting mixed reviews about Lizard Juice.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:21 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

I am not sure how natural they are but they are located in Texas. Like most vendors they are kind of a mom and pop operation.
I was buying my cigarette (they made them themselves) at a vape store because the packs were so much cheaper and also there were no additives. The people who run the store are very cool and I got intrigued about vaping. I bought an Iclk but I was really not expecting to quit: I just wanted not to have to go outside to smoke in the winter especially at night.
I quit smoking almost immediately (within a couple of days I think) I liked the taste of ejuice so much that by comparison cigarettes tasted like dirty old warm socks.
That was it, no cravings I just quit. There has only been a couple of time when I was tempted to buy a pack and smoke a cigarette when my boss really pissed me off. I guess anger is a trigger for me. But the thought left almost as fast as it came.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:53 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Well, I've only had it now for 7 hours and I'm still smoking cigarettes, but less.
This thing is gonna take some time to adjust to.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:11 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
quat

It takes some getting used, but If I can do it...lol
A super quick overview , I only adjust the wattage settings , on the battery or mod. The ohms is the resistance of the coil, the part of the tank that produces the vapor. I'm going to guess that the coil you have is probably 1.8 ohms , if it is I would use a range between 7watts to 10 watts , definitely not higher than 11. Changing the power setting on the device is really a matter of "clicking" it until you are pretty sure you have it wattage mode, some people prefer voltage mode , but I am not familiar with adjustments from that mode. Most devices will display both the wattage and the voltage when in use.
If you are not sure of the ohms for the coil, it is usually printed on the coil itself.
Just noticed you said the Atlantis tank, so it could be a 1.2 ohms, or maybe .5 ohms.
If it's 1.2 try a wattage between 15 w to 20 w, or if it's a .5 ohm try a range from 18w to around 25 w. Different juices taste better at different settings, I usually start at the lower end of range and go up or down until I find what tastes best, taste is the thing !!
Hope that's not too confusing.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:15 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
quat

Oh and the air intake settings usually come in three settings small med lg, maybe start with the mid range , change to the smaller hole or slot for a tighter draw, or the biggest for a freer pull. happy vaping