Notices

24 Hour No Nicotine/No Smoking Club - Part 8

Old 04-27-2015, 04:43 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  
Um Dia de Cada Vez

My worst cravings are in the morning, like the ones I had today, at night I'm more at ease with myself. Day 16.
Old 04-27-2015, 07:32 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Bliss the first 10 minutes after waking up were the hardest for me. It does get better. Congrats on 16!

cleaninLI great job on 100!
Old 04-28-2015, 03:29 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Day 17 the urges to smoke last week seem to have gone again...hooray!
Old 04-28-2015, 03:34 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Day three no cigars.
Old 04-28-2015, 04:07 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Hi all,

I am a little confused. Well maybe more than a little. First question, does an e cigarette count as smoking or is it only the normal fag that counts? Our liquids here in SA have that homeopathic marking on them. The best I have been able to determine is that the liquids here contain 1,26 X 10-3 mg nicotine in them. Which is bugger all.

Am I allowed to join this thread if I want to quit using my e cigarette? I have tried patches and gum before, but no luck. I did manage to beat the cigarette for six weeks with my silver cigar before.

Any help, advise and wisdom on quitting is much appreciated.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 04-28-2015, 06:50 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Hi zAb, welcome to the nicotine quitters club as I like to call it.

My take on it is that if you are using nicotine gum, vaping or whatever, you are still using nicotine. There is a vaping thread, I think this group has no intention of stopping - I may be wrong but I don't follow it.
I never smoked. I tried smoking when I was 17 at a drinking party - imagine that. I gaged and it left a nasty taste in my mouth. I tried it again and same result - I couldn't understand how people could actually want to do that.
I also can't figure out how I got hooked on smokeless tobacco by the time I was in my twenties. Quitting smokeless tobacco was as difficult if not more so than quitting alcohol for me. And I drank enough to float a battleship.

So, if you want to quit, this is the place.

Day 93 for me. I waited until the last day of hunting season to quit for good this time. Couldn't imagine sitting in a tree for hours being perfectly still and silent without a dip going. Next year should be interesting if I still hunt.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:58 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Day 119 for me. Feeling great.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ZaBoozer View Post
Hi all,

I am a little confused. Well maybe more than a little. First question, does an e cigarette count as smoking or is it only the normal fag that counts? Our liquids here in SA have that homeopathic marking on them. The best I have been able to determine is that the liquids here contain 1,26 X 10-3 mg nicotine in them. Which is bugger all.

Am I allowed to join this thread if I want to quit using my e cigarette? I have tried patches and gum before, but no luck. I did manage to beat the cigarette for six weeks with my silver cigar before.

Cheers,

ZAB
ZaBoozer, what does bugger all mean? I'm from Texas.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:07 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gettingsmarter View Post
ZaBoozer, what does bugger all mean? I'm from Texas.
Hey GS bugger all means nothing. Eg I achieved bugger all - I achieved nothing.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:08 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
Hi zAb, welcome to the nicotine quitters club as I like to call it. My take on it is that if you are using nicotine gum, vaping or whatever, you are still using nicotine. There is a vaping thread, I think this group has no intention of stopping - I may be wrong but I don't follow it. I never smoked. I tried smoking when I was 17 at a drinking party - imagine that. I gaged and it left a nasty taste in my mouth. I tried it again and same result - I couldn't understand how people could actually want to do that. I also can't figure out how I got hooked on smokeless tobacco by the time I was in my twenties. Quitting smokeless tobacco was as difficult if not more so than quitting alcohol for me. And I drank enough to float a battleship. So, if you want to quit, this is the place. Day 93 for me. I waited until the last day of hunting season to quit for good this time. Couldn't imagine sitting in a tree for hours being perfectly still and silent without a dip going. Next year should be interesting if I still hunt.
Ta brain.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

gs, bugger in the sense zab was using I think means the same as 'aw shucks' in some places, or 'golly gee whiz'. I hope.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:53 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
gs, bugger in the sense zab was using I think means the same as 'aw shucks' in some places, or 'golly gee whiz'. I hope.
Almost brain, I meant next to nothing.
Old 04-28-2015, 02:10 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Originally Posted by cleaninLI View Post
Hello to all my smoke free friends!

Today is my 100th day off the cigs!
100 days is solid!!! Way to rollllllll........

Old 04-28-2015, 02:24 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Hi all,

Cheers,

ZAB
I too am confused, generally (or maybe majorly) speaking! I have quit, tapered, replaced, switched - etc nicotine delivery devices many times over the years. From cigarettes to dip (old baseball habit) - patches ( ended up wearing those like a belt and still smoked) - cut back ad nauseam......

This time I quit I simply threw them away. Eventually the nicotine must be removed from system if I want to be free of the bondage. So I figured rip off the band aid!

Today is day 55 - cravings are subsiding - sometimes. For me I think its the same mentality for quitting drinking. I accept that smoking is really bad and will kill me, I am willing to do whatever it takes to stop and definitely ready!

come join us@
Old 04-29-2015, 04:08 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

24 hours for me please. I am glad to be rid of my nasty habit!
Old 04-29-2015, 05:08 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

welcome kitty kat, well done fly,

I like the new pic gs -- and all, keep it going

another 24 for me.
Old 04-29-2015, 05:12 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Cheers,

ZAB
Hi ZaB

Its me again... Have you read Allen Carr's Easy Way To Stop Smoking?
Might help?

Day 18 and going strong...
Old 04-29-2015, 05:18 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

oh... I had been struggling with quitting for a few years - more than a few.
I decided I was going to quit after hunting season. And just said enough. I used the AVRT mantra. I will never use tobacco again and I will never change my mind, no matter what. It was brutal the first week. But I stuck to my guns. I was quit for good.
Old 04-29-2015, 05:30 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by martina12 View Post
Hi ZaB Its me again... Have you read Allen Carr's Easy Way To Stop Smoking? Might help? Day 18 and going strong...
Hey M,

Yip I own the book. Didn't help stop though.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:30 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

4 Months smoke free! Feel awesome.
Welcome kitty.
Great job on 18 MartinaD
Thanks Brain. The pic was from my back yard.