Sober Vapers

Old 12-16-2014, 02:29 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  
torquemax777

Very helpful chief! Thanks!
Old 12-17-2014, 08:05 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

day 5 off the cigarettes for me! I had my first real craving today though. I just keep telling myself that "I don't DO that anymore" Seems like I've said that a million times today,, about other things too. Maybe I need a higher nic level? Maybe just a rough day. I was really really busy/stressed at work today. Anyway.... I'm proud of 5 days. yay me.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:16 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  
torquemax777

Erin, I'm very proud of you! I never liked the first e cigs (the ones that look like a cigarette) but when I started vaping, it felt less like "giving up" something I loved (cigarettes) and more like "trading UP" to something WAY better. And in the past, when I tried quitting, if I gave in and had a cigarette, it wasn't even like " ahhh, relief! " no buzz no anything like when I first started smoking and got that pleasant buzz that was relieving; instead, it was like, "eww yuck! What did I do that for? Now I will probably finish the pack anyway just because they're there, then I'm gonna have to start all over again." Plus, vaping is so pleasant tasting and smelling, I just don't think a cigarette could ever measure up again.

I say these things, in case they might help you think of it differently. But if it's any consolation, my husband is having a more difficult time switching over; even with my "psychology". :-)

I'm proud of you though. They always say the first three days-week are the hardest; you're just a couple days from the one week mark! Keep up the great work!
Old 12-18-2014, 01:44 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  
torquemax777

Has anyone tried mijuices e liquid vendor? I thought I would give them a try because they had a sample pack of 4 flavors for $6.99. Each bottle is 30ml; so you get 120 ounces/half a cup of liquid for $6.99! Seems like a great deal to me. You don't get to pick the sample flavors but they all look good. One is gummy worm flavor called gummy bugs, and there's a peaches and cream one, and one called heavenly, I can't remember the 4th flavor.

I also found a place called Voda Vapor and they were giving a 2 free samples (only 5 or 10ml though) and you just pay the shipping $3.01.

Just wondered if any of you guys have tried them?

I also went to The Vapor Room and got some clearance accessories; tanks with atomizers a 5 pack for $15.

I found if I put in "free e liquid samples" or "clearance e go" into my web browser and click around, I run into a lot of cool bargains.
Old 12-18-2014, 03:48 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Hi Torquemax
Could you pm me the link to mijuices?
I think I found the site but could not find the page for the sample pack
Congratulations on 5 days Erin, you are doing great
Old 12-18-2014, 05:44 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

My juices usually are 40 pg 60 VG. The sore throat actually became a cold with a low grade fever I am just now getting over so I don't think it was the vape. I had vaped a lot of this cinnamon Irish swirl over the weekend, but I was also out in the cold a lot and illness is going around my workplace. Seems fine now. Thanks all for sharing info about the online deals. If I decide to use any I will post about them here also. Congratulations to you Erin. Vaping really is much better I hope you stay with it.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:44 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
torquemax777

Carlotta; I sent you a pm :-) but maybe I'll paste it here for anyone who wants to check it out.

ALL FLAVORS – Welcome to MIJuices! Try Our Freshly Made E Juices!

Scroll down it's listed with all the other thumbnail pictures under "sample."
Old 12-19-2014, 05:49 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

One thing I noticed is that my skin is getting really oily and I am getting blackheads. I googled it and it seems like it might be because of the VG in the vapes.
I m just placed another order at 50/50 (high fives Torquemax) but I d like some feedback on that one because either
a) I'll need to invest in some serious facial treatment
or
b) I ll need to lower my vg in my vapes which is kind of a pain in the behind because I have been shopping like crazy and I don't want to get rid of my ejuices LOL
Oh well, having oily skin is still better than being out of breath and smelling like cigarette smoke.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:10 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  
torquemax777

Cool! I'm glad that info helped! :-) ours is 70% PG/30% VG, and we live in a desert; so I'd what little VG I have in mind might actually "help" my skin, so some one else might have to weigh in on that one. That's interesting though.

We are actually thinking of going down on the pg though, because we maybe want a little less of a throat hit. I think I read somewhere that happens as you get further away from cigarettes, and wanting less of that "harshness" after awhile. A plus side for you Carlotta, is the flavor is in the PG, so if you go to 50/50 your flavors will be bolder and more defined.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:35 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Carlotta View Post
I d like some feedback on that one
In short, there are many things that could cause this. First thing to remember is that most of us were long term smokers, and many symptoms would also appear when you quit smoking without starting to vape.

1) our body does detox over the months that you start vaping
2) smoking does dry out your skin for most of us
3) PG and VG are (most probably) metabolized to glucose (as they are "sugar alcohols"). Some people with borderline thyroid problems react badly to vaping, but the solution there is a good checkup on your thyroid values. Still, if that's the case you would probably also feel cramps in your legs/arms too.

Important to remember: VG is not an oil (oils would be horrible to your lungs) so there is no logical connection to an oily skin.

VG is in so many daily products (as is PG) it's ridiculous. It's rather exceptional to have an allergy. I'm not saying it's not the cause, but it is one of the least likely causes. My bet would be a combination of 1) and 2) but I'm not a doctor obviously. I would "sit it out" and not worry too much, normally it will stabilize. If you still have the same problem say 6 months in, I'd start to eliminate possible causes.

Just as an example: many people who start vaping report bleeding gum problems. But there also, that's not an effect of vaping, it's an effect of quitting smoking. Not saying all this to "defend" vaping, but from all the things I have read over the past year, most of the initial side effects are due to smoking cessation. Obviously, this only works for the first few months - after that it's time to find the culprit. HTH.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:43 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Thank you very much ChiefBromden for all the good straight to the point info. especially that
Important to remember: VG is not an oil (oils would be horrible to your lungs) so there is no logical connection to an oily skin.
I really appreciate it because while sometimes google can be my friend, at other times it is really confusing.
I ll just get some skin care products and wait it out for the next couple of months.
Old 12-21-2014, 02:18 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Well, my itaste wasn't staying charged as long as it used to, so I went ahead and got a second battery. Vision spinner 1300. My next buy will be the I taste box I'm pretty sure. And I said this wouldn't become a hobby lol. Btw Chief thank you for the info on vape tongue. I actually have had that a bit when I had the sore throat
Old 12-21-2014, 03:33 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Okay, I'm still VERY new to all this but after quitting smoking/slipping/quitting/etc., I went to a vape store and did what you all told me to - Told them I wanted to quit the cigarettes, try vaping, needed a starter kit.

I got one that is disposable but lasts about a month, too many options for juice so just got one similar to what I smoke.

Nice people at the store, not pushy at all. She asked how much I smoke, I told her so am at 12 mg and 50/50? They owner makes his own juices, they are organic and the reviews of the store are good, so here I go.

Oh yeah, she told me my friends had taught me well as she was showing me how to use and I was saying "I remember not to ..... and you have to make sure....."

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-22-2014, 01:31 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Welcome to the Vape Room Amy. I hope you enjoy it as much as we all do here.
Vaping is REALLY working for me. I have been smoke free since Nov10 with very few cravings (I smoked for 35 years and was a two packs a day smoker).
So far I have not smoked 1689 cigarettes, I have saved $33780 and spent 167.99 (because I love ordering new juices). My net savings in a little over a month is $169.81 (most of it was getting my ego and tanks and coils).
I am expecting my delivery from mijuices hopefully today then I think I will chill a little bit on the spending.......( yeah right, I sound just like Brian now LOL)
Old 12-22-2014, 08:29 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  
torquemax777

I was curious about something and Google is being elusive on an answer, so it may be that I am just way off on my thinking. OK, so I have a couple flavors that seem to be thicker than others even though they are all 70%pg/30%vg (so most are on the thin side) however, for example, chocolate Bob (a root beer/chocolate flavor) is brown and thicker right out of the bottle, which is fine, I have heard that it's sometimes the case with some flavors.

My question is, since pg is way thinner than VG, sometimes I notice if I use a thinner fluid after using a thick one, it seems to sort of clean out my tanks/wicks. Like sometimes that chocolate Bob although it is way yummy, starts to sort of clog stuff up. Sometimes, there's even this thick milky cloud rolling around in the tank after I take a drag. It looks cool, but it doesn't seem like it's normal or right though. Plus it seems like it is a harder pull, the machine doesn't make that crackling sound it makes when it's brand new, etc...it just seems to get thicker and take longer to clear even with several refills of a new flavor; even though the root beer/chocolate flavor it's gone, the wicks turn the light colored liquids dark. But like I said, just like the chocolate bob is thicker even though the pg/VG ratio is the same and higher on the "thinner" pg side, I also have flavors that seem thinner. Sooooo, all this to say, can thinner high pg liquids be used to sort of clean wicks between deep cleaning/replacement?
Old 12-26-2014, 06:28 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

TM, I was actually thinking the opposite. I was using Vapin Plus juices and juice was turning dark by end of cart and I was rinsing tank, coils and dry burning a lot. Rumor is their juice is mostly PG. I was changing coils daily. I now use Puff brand and believe it's 50/50. I get minimal darkening but my coils are lasting 4 days (I wrap my own so it's more of a 5 minute convenience thing). Also maybe the flavorings and colorings add to the clogging. Vapin tobacco was dark and Puff is almost clear.
Old 12-26-2014, 05:57 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChiefBromden View Post
3) PG and VG are (most probably) metabolized to glucose (as they are "sugar alcohols"). Some people with borderline thyroid problems react badly to vaping, but the solution there is a good checkup on your thyroid values. Still, if that's the case you would probably also feel cramps in your legs/arms too.
This is the first time I have read anything about vaping and glucose. Would this also affect diabetics?
Old 12-27-2014, 06:56 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
This is the first time I have read anything about vaping and glucose. Would this also affect diabetics?
It's a theoretical possibility, but as far as I know it has never been scientifically tested (vaping is way too new in that respect). Mind you, many people start eating less sweets/sugar when they pick up vaping, and I've heard that in California there is quite a "hype" with people vaping 0mg liquids to curb their eating/snacking.

Also, most vapor is exhaled, not absorbed. We are talking about a relatively small amount that is absorbed, but still, in theory is could have an effect.

Also note that glycerol (VG) is used as an artificial sweetener. (Sugar alcohol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) It is also classed as a carbohydrate (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glycerol#Food_industry) and thus in theory will affect diabetics.
Old 12-27-2014, 11:30 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  
torquemax777

Anattaboy, OK now I get it! That makes since!!! See, that one I was asking about is very thin and clear as water! So it was the "clearness" not the "thiness" that seems to "clean" the previous dark flavor out! Fortunately, my husband and I decided to take the plunge and get a rebuildable. I'm hoping the fact that he is an excellent do it yourselfer and you and Chief seem to be experts, between SR and my husband, we will be rockin' and Rollin' and saving a BUNCH of money in no time. It's true, you get what you pay for. I've probably spent as much if not more, trying to get the cheapo gas station pens/attys to work more than a few days; some of them tasted like burnt chemicals from the get go. So, I'm excited! Making your own means all you have to do is buy liquids and the coils and wicks buying it by the spool for less than ten bucks total, should last moths, and months.

Re: the glucose/diabetic thing. My theory is that its probably less sugar than chewing a piece of gum that is not sugar free.

Hey, guys! A great big thanks for all of your tips and advice!
Old 12-27-2014, 11:35 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Hey, guys! A great big thanks for all of your tips and advice!
Ditto. I just love this thread and the people on it