Notices

Sober Vapers

Old 01-31-2015, 06:04 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I wish I'd switched to vaping ages ago. This is so much better than smoking. And I do it less, too. I'm a satisfied customer. And I haven't tried any flavors yet either...
Old 01-31-2015, 08:03 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  
torquemax777

You said you haven't tried any flavors yet least, I know they make a 0 flavor or water/h2o flavor, is that what you mean?

Just curious cuz my husband and I were just talking and wondering about that one just the other day.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:33 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

So far just menthol. I'm sort of afraid to try flavors, afraid I might like them too much.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:04 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Awaiting my order! USPS says it will be sitting in my box tomorrow! Ordered two eleaf 20Ws.. one black, one silver and 20 15ml bottles of menthol flavor... never know when State, Feds or FDA will put the brakes on it. Next I think I'll order some menthol crystals but that has to come from another vendor.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:16 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Ordered two eleaf 20Ws.. one black, one silver
I hope you like them as much as I like mine.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:25 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Hi All I'm thinking about quitting smoking again. Are the vapors the same as e cigs?
Old 02-01-2015, 11:03 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Originally Posted by hope22 View Post
Hi All I'm thinking about quitting smoking again. Are the vapors the same as e cigs?
That's a yes and a no. Are they as damaging? NO! They don't carry the lung-coating tars nor the thousands of toxic chemicals and don't deplete the body of needed oxygen which was a smoking issue for me. Do they duplicate the experience of smoking.. YES.. but with an 'IF"... If you vape the right juice (flavoring, throat hit, strength, etc even form factor) they can come amazingly close to the smoking experience. If you're looking for the taste of burning paper or ash, no, they probably won't but some flavorings come pretty close to even that. Most people, like myself, never actually tasted tobacco without it being burned so a new experience awaits them vaping and many find they like the pure taste of tobacco even more. I don't vape for any other reason than to duplicate smoking without its, inherent, harmfulness so I don't get into food flavors but some prefer vaping them kind of combining a smoking feel with eating. That doesn't, for me, curb the desire for a smoke and, in fact, makes me crave smoking even more because its something I always did after eating.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:31 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  
quat

Brian
I am currently enjoying a nice ry4 in my aspire tank on my MVP set at 11w with a 1.8 read on my coil. 9.5-11 is usually where I go with that kit.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:01 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Hi Hope,

To answer your question yes vapors and ecigs are the same in that they both heat nicotine into a vapor that you inhale. That's where the similarities begin and end.

Ecigs typically have only two parts and come in only two flavors. They are readily available, easy to use and a lot of people like them.

But, the "vapors" are a more sophisticated machine that has multiple parts are more expensive and require more care. But they allow for more flavor choices, vapor control, and allow you to increase or decrease your nicotine amount so you can step down until you are nicotine free.

I smoke a light one hundred type of cigarette and found the Ecigs to be too harsh to use. I have also been smoking most of my life. So, I decided to go to a vape shop and bought an atomizer.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:23 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dwtbd View Post
Brian
I am currently enjoying a nice ry4 in my aspire tank on my MVP set at 11w with a 1.8 read on my coil. 9.5-11 is usually where I go with that kit.
NICE! Yeah I'm vaping an RY4 as well from the local Vape shop. I've been going 9 then 4.5 on the volts. I've been thinking about getting an Aspire as I am looking for a 2nd tank comparable to my Aerotank. Thank you for the info, I've been loving the MVP!
Old 02-01-2015, 02:45 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Thank you btw Happy and Turtle for answering Hope's questions. I was going to try, but you 2 did much better than I could!
Old 02-01-2015, 03:07 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Ok guys... ry4 at 12% is doing it for me too but I've cut it with some 0% strawberry and some 4% fruit orgy and think I'm down to about 8. 30 ml at 11.99 is a deal! I am gonna go lower but have very much noticed the recent drop so maybe not for a week or two. I get off on the control and the thrift. I have also become that not-so-tolerant ex-smoker-of-second-hand-smoke (wife still smokes). I'm gonna try a 2.4 coil next as the higher PG is notice-able in the throat. Anyhoo--Vape On ...Smoke Off!
Old 02-01-2015, 03:12 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

I have also become that not-so-tolerant ex-smoker-of-second-hand-smoke (wife still smokes)
Really? I love hanging out with the smokers, the smell don t bother me and the conversation is always fun...
Old 02-01-2015, 03:12 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  
torquemax777

So glad to see you back around here again Anattaboy, I thought maybe we had lost you for good... But it we did, it was because you had gotten to "0" and quit, which I would have had to be happy for ya anyway...

Missed ya!
Old 02-01-2015, 03:15 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  
torquemax777

Carlotta, I'm kinda getting like Anattaboy too though. But maybe it's because we've (don't know about Anattaboy) been "indoors" with smokers as my husband only got serious about vaping this month, and we've allowed some of our friends smoke inside our house/camper....

I probably wouldn't mind it if it were outside though.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:16 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

I'm not a big fan of smokers. I used to actually like the smell when I was one. Weird I don't like it anymore. I'm almost in position of neutrality with it now, kinda like alcohol but I don't live with any smokers either. I can tolerate them, but sometimes (like in subzero weather) it bugs me to have to go outside to vape.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:41 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

but sometimes (like in subzero weather) it bugs me to have to go outside to vape.
Just go vape in the bathroom. Unlike smoke, it is not detectable and won t set off the fire alarm. just saying
Old 02-02-2015, 06:12 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Hey guys, busy busy. Just wanted to post this here for the people who might be concerned with the whole formaldehyde situation.

When I spoke to David Peyton, one of the study’s authors, he insisted that the study had been mischaracterized. All it was meant to do, he said, was compare the levels of formaldehyde in e-cigarettes versus cigarettes. “It is exceedingly frustrating to me that we are being associated with saying that e-cigarettes are more dangerous than cigarettes,” he added. “That is a fact not in evidence.” Well, maybe.

When I read him the tweet from the New England Journal of Medicine — “Authors project higher cancer risk than smoking” — he sounded horrified. “I didn’t see the tweet,” he said. “I regret that. That is not my opinion.”
More info: Anti-Vaping Researchers Called Out for Misleading Cancer Exaggerations by New York Times Columnist - Hit & Run : Reason.com

I have 4 or 5 PM's waiting, but I may answer the "technical" parts of them on here - so that other people can possibly benefit as well. Gimme a bit of time though, I'm stressed on time this week.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:19 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Carlotta View Post
won t set off the fire alarm. just saying
It does actually, depending on the detector technology used. Many folks have been banned from hotel rooms - even at big vaping conventions - because they were setting off the fire alarms.

Given that you don't know until it's too late, I would advise to not vape around detectors.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:23 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

I sneak hits wherever but am mindful of the law and others' health. I'm sure second-hand vapor is not as clean as air (Los angeles not included My plan was always to wean completely off nic as I'm tired of being an addict and would like to retain and/or improve my heart health.