Notices

Sober Vapers

Old 01-25-2015, 08:24 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  
torquemax777

Oh yeah! And I forgot, most people say that banana candy is spot on those Runts banana candy. Some people add a little of that banana candy one to some of their dessert flavors to give it an extra kick. People seem to like to do that with the whipped cream and vanilla clouds as well.

After vaping awhile, I found that the single flavor fruits got a little on the boring side, so I've blended some of my fruit flavors, and though I probably won't even remember how to later, cuz it was sort of random, that really made it go from boring, to complex, yet perfectly blended. Don't be afraid to play around.

I got the idea to "mix" here on this forum. Sometimes you get a bottle down to a point where you can't fill a tank with it, and why have 8 bottles that are only less than half full? So, if the flavors are similar or complimentary, ex: blueberry+tobacco=blueberry tobacco, or add what little banana you have left to sweet complexity, since SC already has subtle banana flavoring, it makes it even more like banana but bread, etc...

Hope you like them as much as Carlotta and I.

PS Carlotta, my husband tried only a few puffs of my strawberries n cream from my pen and and while he loves all his flabors, he says he only has two "absolute" favorites, and strawberries n cream are one of his! And he didn't even vape an entire tank of it! Probably have to get 120mls of that one to share next go 'round!

Last edited by torquemax777; 01-25-2015 at 08:29 PM. Reason: addition
Old 01-25-2015, 08:33 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

thanks so much i've been reading the posts on that forum very helpful also has helped me with picking out flavors, just when i think i got it i change my mind lol apparently this is my "new addiction" haha. I was also wondering what do you get for blend 50/50? i have a kanger tech evod. Like i said i don't know much about vaping at all but am looking forward to learning ya'll have been so very helpful!!!!
Old 01-25-2015, 08:42 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

I do 50/50 and so far so good. I was having problem with greasy skin for a few weeks but it went away: not sure that it was all about maybe just detoxing from 35 years of smoking.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:03 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  
torquemax777

Started out with higher pg cuz I wanted more of a harsh throat hit cuz I just quit smoking. Now, like Carlotta, I do the 50/50. But like I said earlier today, still kinda want even less of a throat hit but will probably try less nicotine before changing from 50/50.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:10 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

well i finally got my order in after changing my mind a zillion times...lol
ended up getting toffee coffee, whipped cream, froot hoops, carnaval apple, banana candy and peanut butter(i just have to try it) Great idea on the whipped cream i'm gonna try that. Now i'll just stalk my mailbox waiting for my order to arrive...lmao thanks again for all the help!!!! i did 50/50 with flavor boost
Old 01-26-2015, 12:37 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  
torquemax777

Oh yum!!!!

Finally got our new juice order:

smurf cake: don't really taste the "blueberry" aspect YET- may after steeping. Still, if you like cheese cake, this is definitely one to have.

Fruity hoops: SPOT on!!!! Yummy, the reviews said you'd even taste the "flavored milk" that's at the end of a bowl of cereal, those reviews are SO right!

Its so fluffy (cotton candy): very mild, sweet, and light; its not very flavorful, but neither is real cotton candy. I got this one specifically for that reason; sometimes I'm either "all flavored out" OR I have another tank full of something very rich or pungent, this is a very nice juice for when you just want to vape but are kinda tired of all the flavor and just want a break by having something light and mildly sweet.

My husband decided to try their peanut butter bananza, and after I tried it, I told him he better hide it from me if he wants anymore. I LOVE peanut butter and banana sandwiches, and this is SO much like the real thing! If he likes it as much, we will get a bigger bottle next time around to share.

They also included 5 free 10ml bottles: tigers blood (mixed fruit/mango/coconut/etc), butterscotch, rad bull, creamy toffee, banshee (banana cheesecake).

Other than the banshee, I'm not super excited about the freebies, but you never know; for a lot of people, the freebies become their favorites, so we shall see!

Happy vaping everyone!
Old 01-26-2015, 01:20 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

I have not tried my banshee freebie yet. I adore the smurf cake one and right now I m vaping on Marshmallow choco chunk and it is absolutely spot on! Taste just like marshmallow and chocolate. Best chocolate vape I ve had so far. Am ordering a big bottle of that one for sure! and the strawberries and cream.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:50 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  
torquemax777

Do suggest letting the marshmallow choco chunk steep?

That's a flavor my husband got, and it's dark, so I thought maybe it should breathe and steep?

I'm thinking I might actually like that tigars blood they sent me free. Went back to VapeWild website, and the description says watermelon/coconut/strawberries. Some of the reviews said the strawberry isn't very (or @ all) noticible, but I like complex fruit flavors, love coconut and if the strawberry flavors come out, all the better!

Did you notice that the smurf cake, while delicious doesn't have much of the blueberry flavor? I don't really care, just curious if it's just me, or if it needs steeping?

I oh! Hope I'm not getting into "Cross Talk" here! :-/
Old 01-26-2015, 06:49 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Mine steeped for a few days
Old 01-29-2015, 06:23 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

I tried to quit nicotine I made it 13 and a half hours then I started to go crazy so now I'm vaping.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:17 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  
torquemax777

dsmaxis, were you vaping before you gave up nicotine? Or did you just quit cigarettes cold turkey?

I know a lot of people are against vaping because it's still an addiction, but I see it more like when they tell alcoholics that if they get a little crazy with candies, ice cream or coffee for awhile, that's OK!

I know vaping is still not quite as "healthy" as nothing, but for me personally, I honestly don't care at this point if I never quit vaping; where as with cigarettes I KNEW I HAD to quit.

I've been vaping for only a little over 2 months, and even in that amount of time, I don't vape as much as I did at first, or as often as I smoked cigarettes. Who knows? Maybe I won't vape forever, but I'm not really concerned with how long that takes.

I congratulate you on turning to vaping instead of going back to cigarettes/chew/ whatever nicotine method you were using. Way to go!
Old 01-29-2015, 08:59 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Welcome to our little corner of SR dsmaxis
I hope you will enjoy vaping as much as we do. Feel free to ask questions: we have some very knowledgeable members at the Sober Vapers
Old 01-30-2015, 09:56 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Welcome to the newcomers. I hope you will enjoy vaping as much as we do. If you have questions please ask. I can tell ya from experience, you may find an issue making you crazy that has a simple solution. Remember your first smartphone? lol. Chief, thank you for your advice a few pages back. I feel like you are the resident wise man of this thread. I will probably just go with the MVP and not worry about the Sigelie for now. I started vaping to save money. I'm more about flavors than I am clouds.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:38 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

I finally took the plunge and bought a Kanga EMOW. I got it from the only vape shop around. They have a very small selection of equipment and they are a bit pricey but I wanted to actually handle the equipment before I bought. They make their own juice and use a 75/25 mix. Now the guy told me this only effects flavor and vapor and for throat hit its nicotine level. He started me on 12 but if I find it too harsh He will cut it further. I will say their flavors are so strong you can smell it in the vapor. I don't know if I like that. And the piece of equipment he was using, homemade, let off enough vapor to double as a fog machine

Wish me luck
Old 01-31-2015, 11:44 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Welcome to our thread and to the wonderful world of vaping Happybeingme.
I really lucked out when I got started with vaping and it helped that I already had an ongoing relationship with the Vape Station's owners who are really knowledgeable.
I started at 12 myself and It was good enough for me but I smoked 2 packs a day and smoked for 35 years.
It is a lot by trials and errors and you will have to find your own pace and also the right ejuices. Like me, I really love anything Berry.
I am right now vaping at 4.7 W (3v) a 12mg Strawberry cream. It is the right hit and amount of vape for me... play with your settings and enjoy.
Old 01-31-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Well, I did go ahead and get the MVP. Along with a Protank 3 as my Evod has leaking problems, so I wanted a smaller tank to compliment the Aerotank. Don't suppose anyone has settings they'd recommend for the MVP? Right now I'm vaping tobacco juices at 8mgs 40/60 mix with 1.8 ohm dual coils on both the Aerotank and the Protank.
Old 01-31-2015, 03:05 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

hello everyone i was hoping to be posting about my new flavors but my package hasn't made it yet and tracking says it's still in texas It's been at same office for 3 days...now i have to wait longer...boo hoo.. happy saturday all!!!
Old 01-31-2015, 03:09 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  
torquemax777

Brian, I declare Chief and Anattaboy resident experts on that sort of thing; though I'm not sure Anattaboy is as familiar with variable wattage/voltage batteries, plus, there's talk that he might be cutting vaping out, or slowing down whatever.

Chief seems to know a lot about how watts, volts, and resistance all works as well as specific. Batteries with specific attys. I highly recommend you private message him. He had been so helpful to my husband and I!

A shout out to Anattaboy too! Still thanking him as well.
Old 01-31-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  
torquemax777

Krs, I feel ya! I usually brag about how I get my VapeWild I. 3-5 days. Not so this time around! 12 days! Ask Carlotta; I was PMing her all freaked out at about day 7. Contacted USPS and VapeWild.

Apparently, Texas postal is updating their sorting machines or something or rather. But my tracking stayed in Texas until 2 days before it got here, then all a sudden I was getting text alerts several times a day: entered salt lake city, departed salt lake, so on till it for here to Blanding, then I even got a call from Blanding postal saying they heard I thought I lost a package and do I want it delivered, or do I want to pick it up?

Once I saw it move past Texas and into my state, I stopped worrying and realized, my liquids got a free "steep". :-)
Old 01-31-2015, 03:20 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

You never know with the USPS. I am further away from them than Torquemax and I ordered a day after her and still got mine a few days before she did.