Notices

From smokes to vaping

Old 07-28-2014, 08:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

From smokes to vaping

Out of the frying pan and into the fire! Got an e-cig 5 weeks ago and for the last 3 have gone to zero smokes but vaping like an idiot. Can actually feel a little nicotine buzz at times. Laid down the booze 47 days ago also so I'm guessing I'm subbing this obsession for those two. Am using 16% juice now so I guess I need to taper (tis how I quit drinking). Next bottle will have to be less til I get down to zero. Can't stand the taste or smell of cigs now but love that vapor. Gotta quit tho--smoked 38 yrs. Anyone had luck tapering with e-cigs by way of reducing the juice %?
Old 07-29-2014, 07:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Okay, thanks.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I quit cigarettes and vape. I have not had a cigarette in five months.

It may not be the best but it is better then cigarettes and cheaper. I never felt any buzz from the vape. I use 18mg e-liquid.

Last doctor appointment my doctor told me that she was happy I quit smoking even if I only moved to the e-cigarette. She did not seem concerned at all about the e-cigarette. My blood pressure dropped in first three weeks of using it.

I know some people that have went to the vapor cigarette and returned to regular cigarettes, some do both and some are like me that have switched to straight vaping.

I would suggest if you are trying to step down to get the percent you usually get and the next one down and mix them. Maybe half and half at first and then lower it slowly until you are on the next level. Then rinse and repeat until you are at the lowest and then get a liquid with no nicotine.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yep, I've had success with this. Smoked cigs, then went to vapor. I vaped a lot for a while, started off at 18mgs nicotene. Then down to 12. Then 6.

It can be done! The danger is that, of course, at some point you'll find yourself away from your favorite vape shop - and you won't be able to get "your brand" or "your dosage". In my case, down here in Central America, this led me back to smoking regular cigs until I take a trip back up to the States. Or find a reliable source for vaping supplies down here.

In short, it's better to Vape than smoke cigs....but yeah, there's still that issue of a habit you're going to have to kick.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Hi reising,
I've no experience to share re: vaping. I'm a cold turkey girl. I quit 2 years ago. I didn't do the ecig because I didn't just want to quit smoking, I wanted to quit being a slave. I felt like the ecig was just going to be a new master for me. Plus, I wanted to be rid of all of it, the act of putting the cig/ecig to the mouth, sucking on it, inhaling, blowing out…I wanted to be done with the entire ritual.

A side note on the buzz part of it though. That can be real. I have teenaged sons who've told me about kids using the high percentage liquids and hitting the ecig repeatedly to get a buzz. Unfortunately, some are also ingesting the liquid straight by putting it on their tongues. So, yeah its possible and can be dangerous obviously.

Anyway, my vote is for cold turkey! Scoot to the door of the plane and jump off. Don't look back. It feels great…I sh*t you not!! I know you didn't ask, just my unsolicited .02
Old 08-08-2014, 07:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

No I always go back to smoking even thow I have 120$ vaporizer gonna try to quit cold turkey tomarrow last time I lasted a half hour
Old 08-17-2014, 05:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
part time member

Vaping has got to be better than cigs. I read something about 1/1000 bad versus cigarettes. Have been vaping 100% since June.