Notices

Crawling the walls!

Old 07-29-2013, 08:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Crawling the walls!

It's day 1 and I'm having a nicotine fit! I'm on day 3 of no alcohol and I'm ready to cut both from my life! For the past year and a half I've been smoking electronic cigs and only smoking the real deal when I drank! I'm tired of wasting my money on them and I absolutely hate the smell! I'm a runner and fitness is very important to me yet I've still been partying and hurting my body and my running performance! Any tips on fighting the nicotine cravings? And fighting the hand to mouth habit? My electronic cig was like my security blanket! I carried it everywhere and even kept it right by my bed in case I needed it thru the night! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks!
Old 07-29-2013, 08:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I put down alcohol in november but have failed at quitting cigs. I start the nicotine patch tomorrow. I am hoping I can get used to the routine of not smoking while lessening the cravings...I will let you know how it goes and keep me posted as to how you are doing also. Congrats on day 3 of no drinking I am a runner too and really starting to feel the impact. At 34 and smoking since 15 it's time to let it go.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've really had good luck with carrot sticks. I'm on day three of no smoking. It's been a life saver when I have nicotine fits as it satisfies the hand to mouth motion and it's a healthy, crunchy alternative. It doesn't get rid of the craving entirely but it does lessen it to a more managable level and I find that I can go longer today without doing it than I could three days ago. So it is helping!!