Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Special-Interest Groups > Nicotine/Smoking
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Chat Room [4]

Welcome to the Sober Recovery Community

Already registered? Login above ---^
OR
To take advantage of all Posting, Chatting, Gaming, and all the features available at SoberRecovery, join the over 100,000 current members, and become a member of our supportive community today! Ads will no longer appear on the forums, once you register.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2009, 10:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Live it

Smile 15 full days smoke-free!

Hi, All!

So, it's been 15 full days smoke-free for me. In addition, I have weaned myself completely off of the patch! I feared becoming addicted to the nicotine patch like I had before, and so decided to just oust it from my life altogether. I feel fantastic!

The first week was horrible. Up, down, all around: my life was a roller coaster ride to amuse a demonic engineer. I was miserable, I was angry, I was hungry, I was EVERYTHING "bad" and NOTHING "good" and worst of all, I felt FAT! HAHA

Now, though, you couldn't pay me enough money to smoke one of those nasty, disgusting cigarettes! True, I may have packed on 5 pounds, but I was too skinny to begin with. I think I look healthy. Better yet, I FEEL healthy.

To everybody out there: KEEP ON KEEPING ON!!! Don't give into the cravings/urges: they only last a few seconds; they will pass.

A few seconds can change the course of the rest of your life. You and you alone steer the wheel.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-16-2009, 04:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
I got nothin'

Hello, SS.

Good job on the 15 days!
Old 01-16-2009, 08:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
To Life!

Congratulations on 15 days!!!
I'm on day 5 here.
And trucking! LOL!

Nais gadol haya po!

Keep the quit and post before you puff!

Shalom!

IMAGINE
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-16-2009, 11:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Requires Adult Supervision

Old 01-17-2009, 04:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Live it

Still smoke-free! Haven't goofed yet (*crosses fingers*)

How y'all doin??
Old 01-21-2009, 01:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

Congrats!
Old 01-21-2009, 11:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
It's time to change!

New here but am sending you huge Kudos and High 5's!!!!!!!!!

Keep doin' what you're doin'. You are a success!!!!

Old 01-22-2009, 02:53 AM   #8 (permalink)

Congrats on your 15 days!

It DOES feel good doesn't it?

I am not too far ahead of you....DARN! I wish I would have been too skinny to begin with. lol!