Notices

Post binge meds?

Old 08-22-2017, 04:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Post binge meds?

Hi,
Week long binge just over.
Can anyone tell me what over the counter vitamins I should use, got vitamin b and liver recovery, been 48 hours clean but eyes are still red skin red and psoriasis.
Thanks in advance
Old 08-22-2017, 04:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi sinkinsun - I moved your post to our main forum for more response.

I think withdrawal is something we all have to go through and there's nothing reputable I know of to speed that process up.

I think it's gonna take a little longer than 48 hours to feel and look good.

That said I took a multivitamin and while I'm not sure it did any good it didn't hurt.

D
Old 08-22-2017, 04:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dee is right and it takes patience to get through the early days. You will likely feel better each day. Talk to your dr about what supplements to take and try to get some exercise each day.
Old 08-22-2017, 05:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hopefully that is your LAST binge!!! that's the best medicine.

meanwhile rest, water for hydration, and some decent food will go along way. take it easy on yourself, give time time and don't drink no matter what! good luck!
Old 08-22-2017, 09:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

B vitamins, particularly thiamine, are often extremely low in alcoholics. Thiamine is useful in helping to reduce nervous system damage, particularly during withdrawal.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just a reminder folks - please share your personal experience, not medical advice.
10. Medical Advice: No Posts giving medical advice, medication advice, or psychiatric advice. Do not use the forum to give or ask for professional medical or psychiatric advice. If you are a medical professional, please remember the forums and chat are for peer support only and not to be used for distributing professional medical advice and/or using the forum to represent your professional services. Medical and Psychiatric advice includes giving a diagnosis, treatment plan, medication advice and dosage suggestions, over the counter and natural home remedies that should be approved by medical professionals. Detox can be dangerous and life threatening at times. Please consult with your physician.

Dee
SR
Old 08-23-2017, 01:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Sinkinsun, withdrawal is not pleasant but unfortunately its part of early recovery. Well done on 48 hours clean time! You will feel better with each and every passing day..... just try not to put too much pressure on yourself and remember to take it one day at a time! Good luck!