Notices

I drank

Old 08-21-2017, 07:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I drank

Maybe I don't wanna be sober. I don't wanna be this drunk person either. I can't seem to get on board and stay. Help?
Old 08-21-2017, 07:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

What have you tried as far as staying sober? A plan of some kind? Meetings? Counseling? Rehab? It is definitely out there for the taking of you truly want it.
Old 08-21-2017, 07:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

There definitely is help out there. Went to my first AA meeting tonight. Its tough getting to the point where you wanna quit. I get it. For me? I just am so tired. Physically. Emotionally. I'm exhausted. I just got up and went. It helped. I have a list of meeting sights and times in my area. Its free and it really helps. Met a few people and actually had a sober, adult, intelligent conversation. That was great. Try it. Just once. Maybe it'll stick. Good luck.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you want to be sober or you wouldn't be here Press

D
Old 08-21-2017, 08:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You're still here so part of you wants to be sober. Nourish that part of you.
Old 08-21-2017, 09:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Plan of action, I think writing a list of exits before the a/voice comes and be prepared for when it shows. My first and easiest thing its a cold shower, sitting in the tub while the water hits my head, its also easy to cry while in there.
Old 08-21-2017, 09:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes- help. But you need to help yourself as well. See your doc, go to a meeting, see a counsellor. Invest in sobriety as you would in drinking,. Empathy and support to you.
Old 08-22-2017, 01:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Maybe it's like the old fable, Pressme, the one about the two wolves. It's said that we have two wolves inside us, one dark and one light. The wolf that wins out is the one we feed the most. Part of you wants permission to let go and keep drinking but part of you realizes that path leads to ruin and misery. Please stick around! You just need to learn how to starve that bad wolf.
Old 08-22-2017, 03:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Usingthe12 View Post
There definitely is help out there. Went to my first AA meeting tonight. Its tough getting to the point where you wanna quit. I get it. For me? I just am so tired. Physically. Emotionally. I'm exhausted. I just got up and went. It helped. I have a list of meeting sights and times in my area. Its free and it really helps. Met a few people and actually had a sober, adult, intelligent conversation. That was great. Try it. Just once. Maybe it'll stick. Good luck.
This is good advice- and I'd just substitute "maybe" it will stick for you can "make it stick" - you have to decide to be sober, no matter what. It isn't easy at first, it CAN become your normal way of life.

I promise you there is hope and peace on the other side of that emotional, physical, TOTAL spent-ness just described.

You can do this and there is lots of help here, and IRL. Take care TODAY. Don't drink. Keep going.
Old 08-22-2017, 04:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I agree with Dee you wouldn't be if you didn't want to be sober.The main thing is we have to keep trying no matter what we've all slipped numerous times .At least I know I have,but I keep trying because this is no way to live. One day at a time.
Old 08-22-2017, 05:07 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pressmetilihurt View Post
Maybe I don't wanna be sober. I don't wanna be this drunk person either. I can't seem to get on board and stay. Help?
Not everybody gets it on the first or second or third time.
Main thing is -- just don't give up and keep trying.
If it's your ((true desire)) -- it will happen -- you will stay sober.

M-Bob
Old 08-22-2017, 05:19 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Pressmetilihurt View Post
I drank
You also came back.

Of those two actions I recommend focusing on the one that will be better for your long term health.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:39 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

It took me a few tries and plenty of effort. Be here, post often, read, learn, and post before you drink so this community can help you stay strong! This is possible for you!
Old 08-23-2017, 03:17 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

How are you today, Press? Plan for today so you won't drink?

You can do this.