Notices

Class of August 2017 Part Two

Old 08-14-2017, 02:22 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Lava

Yeah the Internet is gretsa but it's not going to be available 100% all the time, so I think a back up plan is a pretty good idea.

I'll put in a vote for this link:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

D
Old 08-14-2017, 02:33 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Morning all , mixed feelings this morning not so much anything wrong with me but my son has split with his 10 year relationship with his girlfreind and hes very upset . My Daughter spend 6 hours in hospital yesterday ,shes 6 months pregnant and felt unwell but she got a good checking over and shes fine . When our family go though difficult thimes so do we as parents so alot of anxiety must have built up with me and I had a strange sleep . I am having to put some time into helping both of them as much as possible which is taking the focus off me which is good . I think my sons relationship will come back on track as there are specific issues that need addressed ..........long story .
Any way I am glad to be here and delighted to be sober .
Old 08-14-2017, 02:34 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
The drive that got you to post here today will see you defeat this thing. Fan that flame
Well said, Dee ~ Let's fan that flame, everyone!

Kiki, thanks again for the class roll call list...."HERE!"
Old 08-14-2017, 02:47 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Happy Monday team August! Yesterday was tough, play in a band part time and rehearse on Sunday. Made it through and played much better actually! Feels great to be clear headed today, attitude of gratitude.

Sorry to hear a few folks struggling. That AV hits you from behind sometimes man, that's for sure. The only hope we have is to plan, plan, plan. I am literally planning day to day and trying to think of possible scenarios that I need to watch out for. I am noticing that sometimes it isn't places or people I need to plan for but it is certain emotional states. Could be sad ones or even crazy happy ones that trigger. We have all fallen down many, many times. The key to winning this is learning from each one, tweaking the plan and getting back here.

The AV wants us to feel like we are lost causes. Push back, stand up to it and keep moving forward. We got your back.

Have a fantastic day today guys! Appreciate the fact that we are taking a stand and getting our freedom back. That should put a big old smile on your face on a Monday!

Love, hugs and high fives all around!
Old 08-14-2017, 02:48 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Oh for the gents here I bought myself an old fashioned shave brush and soap bowl with that old fashioned hard soap that goes all lathery when you rub the hot watered brush on it and about to use it for the first time . This takes me back 40 years before they had areosol gel / foam . Sometimes the small things makes us happy . I think I will sing Magie May .
Old 08-14-2017, 05:38 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. Sorry for the gloomy post yesterday. I'm sure you could tell I had been drinking. Everyone here is right -- the AV wants us to believe we are lost causes. I'm going move forward. Keep up the good work, all.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:44 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I want to join the Class of August 2017....I am strong, but teachable, I was lost, but found, I have an enemy, its alcohol.....Please sign me up!
Old 08-14-2017, 05:46 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Rough night, not much sleep, but it's day 2. I've had worse Monday mornings.

Hang in there everyone, we got this.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:29 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Day 2

Start of day 2 for me. I am feeling really bad about events of this past weekend. This morning I am trying to focus on being grateful. I feel a sense of commitment this time, different than previous attempts to stop drinking. I am just so tired of the cycle...drink, feel sick and guilty, day I won't drink, them within a few days I think I can moderate so I drink and do ok for a bit but then inevitably end up overdoing it. I am so tired of not remembering what I did, spending so much time recovering from a hangover. I really want to feel better and to be better. Hope you all have a good sober day!
Old 08-14-2017, 07:17 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Embarrassed to admit that today is another Day #1 for me. My AV feeds off of my husband's drinking. I must find a way to deal with that. I have a sober app on my phone that tells me to join a F2F recovery group. It even provides a map to the closest meeting... I'm not too sure about that, but I am beginning to think that might be the only way to knock out the AV for good.

In the meantime, I am sticking close to SR and reading/posting often. Wishing everyone a safe and sober day.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:26 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Morning of day 2 - Annoyed its Monday, but just have to put my head down and deal with it. I hope you all have a good day (or as good as you can if you're hurting today )
Old 08-14-2017, 08:10 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Smile

Looking forward to day 3-starting. NOW!
Old 08-14-2017, 08:19 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Morning everyone! Quick check in before my therapy session. Hang in there everyone. Just don't give up! Keep getting up. I have been falling down and getting back up for a long time and I am NOT giving up either!!!

Have a great day! I'll check in later.

Day 7.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:20 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

OH! And welcome Wrandi1!

August 2017 Class!!!

PurpleCat
Forwards
Sober81
Lilymaz
teaorcoffee
Sath79
ReadyAtLast
Erratic
Doodles84
Michelle009
Eslsp
Surrender2win
determined99
fgo
Legolady
Awkwardkitty
Plenny
MNVikes4life
Jezzi
Flinders39
StartingOverNW
Islingtonite
Thomas59
Georgie123
DeniseLarkin
Evienne
LukeStanley
1StepUp
ghostgirl
courtneylove140
CaptainHaddock
Linners820
Poppy79
CJHolden
Susiegirl
Debbyjay
MovingForward1
Nic233
SoberNeveah
Atwitsend123
Pinky1
decchemist
snufkin
Purplrks3647
KIKI0615
Kgirl41
Thunderskies
Alock
DarkestHour
Horn95
LunaBlue
bblackbirdflyy
sweenzo
eremite
Lava256
Candie
BiskyRizness
Sunny06
GreatEscapade25
bllit
Jforce58
ChickChick
theVman31
Ekohe
emme99
Caramel
Areyoukittenme
Lyddie
Emzy20
Rah555
Sweetchick
Treesofgreen
Wrandi1

*LET ME KNOW IF I FORGOT ANYONE! I am sure we will have more people join before the month is over.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:08 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Back after work and the social - that wasn't too bad. Most people were drinking,but some weren't. It was pleasant.

((((DH)))) - pleased to see you here.

Wrandi - welcome to our club, I think you will find lots of support here.

Surrender - it might be worth a go, you can always leave if you hate it.

Thomas - it must feel good to know that you can be there to support your family.

Now to get food, I'm starving. Hang in there peeps, I'll speak to you soon
Old 08-14-2017, 09:53 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Day 2 for me yaay 😀
Little bit sad last night, my daughter shouted goodnight to my hubby but not to me...when i asked her why she said she assumed I'd be asleep (wine coma) 😕. I'm gonna make her see I mean business x
Hope you are all well and positive!
Old 08-14-2017, 12:28 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Evening everyone. I tried to post this morning but my laptop died and I lost the post then had to leave for work.

lava, DarkestHour, surrender, glad to see you all back posting, no lost causes here DH!

Welcome to all our newbies, glad you joined us! Looks like a lot of day 2 and day 3 peeps here as well, keep at it gang!

There was a prize giveaway at work today for a previous week's incentive. Loads of lovely prizes. Guess what I won? Yep, bottle of fancy fizz in a fancy box with some fancy chocolates.
I wanted a Jo Malone candle!

Well the AV was practically salivating I can tell you. Don't worry though, I have no intentions of drinking it. It is languishing in the boot of my car and is earmarked as a gift for a friend I am seeing later in the week. I know in my heart that if I drink again it will eventually lead to despair, withdrawal and my idea of hell. Maybe not the first time or even the tenth time, but I have now accepted that that hell is inevitable for me if I drink and I don't want that ever again. Life is too short for that sh*t.

Hope everyone is having a good Monday, stay strong. I am grateful for you guys and grateful for this thread.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:12 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Well I'm coming to the end of Day 14 so that's two weeks sober. I'm feeling clear headed, am sleeping 10 hours a night and am actually eating a healthy diet for once. I get stronger every day.

Unfortunately though I'm still in hospital while they try to sort out my psch meds. This leaves me a little despondent as nothing seems to work. Oh well, onwards...

Well done everyone for your achievements. Forwards.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:34 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

You'll get there Forwards, you're in a much better state than you were two weeks ago.
Sometimes meds just need some time.

Great job resisting the temptation Lily, now get rid of that bottle asap.

Night all, may you all have sweet sober dreams.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:05 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lava256 View Post
OK, so I drank last night. The AV started on me when I was making lunch during the day but I managed to not give in at the time. Later in the evening, though, it was really strong. I went to my computer to log in here and, guess what, my internet was not working and I couldn't reach out. Perhaps if I had, I may not have drank. Anyway, I did not drink immediately; I first made myself tea, put my son in bed and then got to thinking, 'I can't spend another long night drinking tea!!!! I want this night to be fun. I want to drink. I'm going to drink...Oh, and I certainly will not log in to SR!'. So I made myself the first drink, and it was just what I needed. Only that (maybe it was because I hadn't had dinner yet but..) I was super high after that first one. But did that stop me from getting a second? Nope. After number 2, I was super super high. I won't say drunk because my husband didn't even notice. But I was struggling staying focused. The last thing I remember is getting myself a third drink (suicide), my husband asking if I wanted to watch one of my TV shows, me getting off my desk and going to the couch to watch TV. This was at around maybe 10:30 pm. Then I wake up, in bed, at 4:30 am and I'm wondering how I got into bed. I reach under my pillow to check for my phone and I find the TV remote. I almost laughed. I get out of bed and what is that on my nightstand, my unfinished glass of gin and tonic. I was a mix of emotions. I was thankful that at least I stopped at some point in my quest to kill myself and managed to get myself into bed. So I took the glass of gin to the kitchen, the remote back to the living room, drank a glass of milk and went back to bed. I was apprehensive that maybe I'd had a fight with my husband but, thankfully, he was cool in the morning. More likely, he left me 'watching TV' and I crawled in quietly. Phew! We/He can't handle another drunken fight.

So I'm back to day one but very happy about it, this time. I sure dodged a million bullets last night because, who knows, a million horrible things could've have happened to me while I was blacked out. I can't live like this anymore. I just can't. So, here's to day one.
Hey Lava. Sorry to hear you drank last night. I am exactly the same. It only takes one drink to get me started. You can make it through day one and onwards again. Nights can be long and lonely. They are for me. Let's do this. I'm only on day 4.