Old 07-19-2017, 04:12 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are you babyedwards?

D
Old 07-20-2017, 03:32 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Check in. 1 week!

I've made it a week. After about day 4 things are going well. I've been out for walks. Sat out in the garden with the cats. Made lovely home dinners. Even went to a few events around town. My husband has never been happier and my friends and family are so so supportive. As I sit here drinking my morning tea and having my oatmeal breakfast I am so grateful I am not hungover and sick. Looking forward to today. A friend is coming over for tea and a tattoo (hubby is a tattoo artist) gonna be a good day. This forum truly is a godsend. Thank you all and if I can make it a week, believe me, anyone can! Xx
Old 07-20-2017, 05:33 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

What fantastic news!! I admit I was worried since we hadn't heard from you in a couple of days. Way to go!!
Old 07-20-2017, 06:09 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
under new management

Great to hear from you, baby!!!

Onward we go
Old 07-20-2017, 03:57 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

a week is awesome babyedwards - congrats!
Old 07-20-2017, 05:23 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
2/2016

Wow! That is so fantastic! Congrats
Old 07-20-2017, 06:18 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

A whole week - truly fabulous, babye! You're on your way.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:53 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 1!
Old 07-20-2017, 09:39 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Well done. I think 1 week is the stage from where it gets noticeably better for many of us (i.e. the 1st week is the worst part).

Great to see that you have been going out as well (and, it would seem, enjoying it).

Just one little suggestion if I may - if possible, why not try to check in once a day? It might do you even more good (and, as soupcon said, many of us get a bit worried if a valued member seems to be of the radar, even for a short while)
Old 07-21-2017, 05:38 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Bbq potluck tonight

Have to attend a going away party for a friend. I know there will be alcohol there. I also know I haven't had any real cravings, tonight will be a test. My husband has assured me that if it gets to difficult we can just come home. That gives me comfort. I'm not sure what to bring to drink because normally it would be a bottle of wine. Hopefully they will have a tea or coffee option.

I'm off to prepare egg salad sandwiches for the party. I'll check in again shortly. Thanks everyone xx
Old 07-21-2017, 05:58 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
under new management

Why not take along your own beverage?

There are lots of options out there, from craft sodas to plain, old fizzy water (my fave )
Old 07-29-2017, 02:10 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Day 16

Day 16. Just checking in. I've been to several events around town and at friends places. I've done really well. My doctor has also suggested I give up caffeine. That's proven to be very difficult. My family and friends have been so awesome. I've gotta so much support since "coming out" I am feeling more happy and enjoying my life. Not just existing. I don't miss alcohol at all. Good riddance. I've noticed it doesn't bother me to be around people who are drinking. It's quite funny to watch them as the night progresses. I am thankful for this forum. I read it every night while in bed and I pray each of you find the same peace and happiness I have. sending love and hugs to everyone who may need it. Xoxo
Old 07-29-2017, 03:01 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Keep posting good luck
Old 07-29-2017, 04:04 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by babyedwards View Post
Day 16. Just checking in. I've been to several events around town and at friends places. I've done really well. My doctor has also suggested I give up caffeine. That's proven to be very difficult. My family and friends have been so awesome. I've gotta so much support since "coming out" I am feeling more happy and enjoying my life. Not just existing. I don't miss alcohol at all. Good riddance. I've noticed it doesn't bother me to be around people who are drinking. It's quite funny to watch them as the night progresses. I am thankful for this forum. I read it every night while in bed and I pray each of you find the same peace and happiness I have. sending love and hugs to everyone who may need it. Xoxo
Baby, this is wonderful to hear. It also sounds like your agoraphobia is no longer.
Old 07-29-2017, 06:26 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Great news, babyedwards. So proud of you.
Old 07-30-2017, 06:59 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you're still going babyedwards

D
Old 08-01-2017, 09:57 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Done counting.

I've decided I'm not going to count the days anymore. To me, my sobriety is more then just a number. It's a clean house, an afternoon walk, a home cooked meal, an evening with friends, waking up hopeful for the day.

I am feeling so much better with my choice to stop drinking. My anxiety and ocd are still present but not nearly as often or as strong as they were when I was drinking daily. I can learn to properly manage and control my panic attacks and rituals in a healthy way. Change is really hard. But the paths that I've chosen in my life have lead me here. Happy, healthier, stronger and present in my life. My husband deserves all of me. I deserve all of me. I'll be here checking in from time to time. Thank you all. Prayer and strength to everyone who needs it. I'm not the best at advice but if anyone needs some encouragement please feel free to message me on here. If I can do it, you can do it! xx
Old 08-01-2017, 11:59 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Well done Baby - you are doing awesome. Keep strong and think of all the positives that are going on in your life at the moment. You sound so much happier X